October 30, 2014 | 1451 users online

Pressed Powders - Paula Dorf - Pressed Powder Bronze Beauty

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Songbird1967

Found this in my makeup bag the other day and forgot how gorgeous this is! Some blushes just make you look fabulous...and this one of them. Love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading the reviews here. I am a fair skinned (natural) blonde, with very low contrast between hair/skin/eyes. I have always had SO much trouble finding blushes and bronzers that 1) 'wakes' up my face without 2) making my skin look 'dirty' (like brown bronzers do) and 3) doesn't drag out the redness in my skin. This one is p-er-f-e-c-t for me!

When I got it, I was shocked (bought it unseen online). I would describe the pan as a plummy pink bordering on purple, a color I would never have given any consideration had I checked it out in a store. But it warms up my face like nothing else and makes me look healthy, sunkissed and awake. Like I have been out sailing or at the beach all day.

I use just a little on a big brush and dust it over cheekbones, chin, jawbone, temple, a little across the forehead and a dab on the nose. Simple and quick, the best easy quick fix for my apperance I have ever had. I am SO grateful for the other reviews from pale girls, like I said, I would never have considered this in a store, but it's the most treasued product in my makeup bag and I would be devastated to lose it since I can't get PD products in my country. So thanks MUA and thanks Paula Dorf :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2007 4:05:00 PM More reviews by TrixieVixen

I love to use this as a blush just on the apples of my cheeks and a little on my temples---it's a little too rose to use as an allover bronzer, but it does make you look as if you've gotten some sun. It has some shimmer, but nothing obnoxious--it is fairly expensive, but you get a TON of product for the price, so I consider it a fairly good value. The best thing about it is the high amount of pigment, which affords it wonderful staying power :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2006 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Silverchair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OOOhhh how i love this product! Its a very pretty dusty pink color and I think it would look great on all complexions. It has good pigmentation and staying power, I have a medium skin tone and this really warms up my face, this is all you need to apply to feel super pretty! If I wear this without anything else on my face I feel content that is how powerful I find it, plus its such a unique color--at least I think so, the product will last a while and I think it would be nice to wear throughout the year not just summer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2006 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Kittensworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this bronzer. It's good for fair skin, but be sure to use a light hand or it could come out a little clownish. The hint of shimmer makes it pretty and natural looking like you just came back from the beach- especially if you dust it on your forehead, nose, and chin. It also lasts forever (again, you don't have to use much, and you get a lot for your money) and comes with a great mirror. Great bronzer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2006 11:51:00 AM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a very natural bronzer for lighter skin. Brownish bronzers make me look dirty/orange. This is like a suntanning blush for the whole face. So little product is needed- I have the same one I bought over 4 years ago. My compact also broke after I dropped it in the bathroom, so it's in 2 pieces. The more complicated and heavy the compact is, the more ways it can break...the brush is great though. I keep a rubber band around it.

EDIT: 6/08 - I repurchased this after tossing my old, broken one...now it comes with a powder puff instead of a brush (why bother) which makes the compact super-bulky, so I superglued it shut so it wouldn't break this time. All this trouble is worth it, I promise...this is a gorgeous bronzer-alternative for PPPs/blush for MMMs. Shimmery sunburned rose w/ a hint of brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2005 2:10:00 PM More reviews by tmf1969

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

PD is one of the most underrated lines out there. This bronzer is just gorgeous! After years of searching for the perfect bronzer for my PPP complexion, this is it.

Color at first glance is a duplicate of NARS Sin blush. Unlike Sin, the Bronze Beauty goes on natural. The shimmer is subtle shimmer. With a light hand, blush/bronzer looks very natural on my PPP skin. Not brown, but not red, its a bronzed rose which helps perk my complexion. I apply to my cheeks, nose and chin. On my apples of my cheeks, I use a pale pink blush for pop of color(Chanel's Be-Bop looks great with Bronze Beauty).

Expensive at $25, but the packaging is excellent (sturdy for travel and includes mirror) and there is a lot of product. Good pigment so you only need a tap with a good bronzer brush. I highly recommend this and a re-purchase for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2004 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Vunser

A few weeks after I bought this, the compact broke through no fault of my own. By the end of a year, I was left lugging around just an uncovered pan of color. Anyways, I did use this for a long time, but it never made me THAT pleased. It wasn't horrible, but just okay. I wore it as a blush and it wasn't bright enough..too drab. As a bronzer, it made me look too pinky and just weird! I will not repurchase this again. I was glad to finally throw it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2004 5:24:00 PM More reviews by r1ssah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first learned about this product while I was rummaging through NARS,Laura Mercier...I'm not really a Paula Dorf fan, I was just looking through face powders when I noticed this, it's a pretty color! When I saw underneath it says "bronze beauty" Oh, i told myself, i'd like to try it on! (I love bronzers!)--Oh my did it look great, not really a bronzers coz bronzers have this "brownish-tan-orangey" color...this aint one! It made my MMM skin look radiantly ROSEY. Oh my, this is the best ever! I'm a blush person and this makes me look like Hey I just ran a mile! (WHile looking really fresh and polished) Ultimately 2thumbs up! will definitely buy again! =) THE BEST BLUSH I EVER HAD, thanks Paula! =) really happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2003 11:49:00 AM More reviews by pamelap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This a winter staple for my PPP skin. On me it is plummy/bronze with no orange. It wakes up my dull drab complexion in the colder months and looks perfect with winter pastels.