October 25, 2014 | 902 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

This was an MUA inspired purchase. I originally thought it was too pricey for a Target buy, but I Got this about 3 years ago and its still one of my most reached for brushes, i use it for mineral makeup, or cream blush. It has held up and its useful!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by siogcroi

Sonia Kashuk brushes are TOP QUALITY. I have had this brush (along with the rest i own) going on 5+ years, i use the heck out of it to this day and it has been washed tons AND NOT ONE SINGLE HAIR HAS EVER COME OUT and it keeps its shape also. I have a total of 12 of her brushes and they are all the same quality! And are the same as this one,some are the cheaper white ones, some limited edition and some are the solid black ones. I own and have used every brush brand there is to think of tou have seen on youtube ect ect NO brand holds up to hers.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Cmaccaro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this brush--blends foundation really well when you blend in circular motion. The only thing I don't like to use it for is under my eyes because it is not narrow enough for precision. The bristles are great, the brush cleans a little less easily than other foundation brushes, but I will never go back to a typical tapered brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by erythro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is super soft. It feels amazing on the skin and does not scratch at all. I use this brush to apply the Sonia Kashuk Undectable Foundation Stick. It creates a flawless natural look. I would recommend this brush to anyone who wants a natural air brushed look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Popelala3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Liquid or cream foundation, blush and omg its AMAZING for blending concealer. It's small enough to fit under the eyes and around the nose but big enough for applying foundation to be quick and efficient. I specifically bought this to apply my revlon whipped creme makeup but I soon found it can be used for a plethora of other things. It truly is multipurpose. It was a tad expensive but I think that was because I had to buy online. This brush is extremely soft and I always look forward to using it. The bristles are dense and flat so this is probably not good to use if you want to sheer out a foundation or want lighter coverage. I've washed this several times and have experience no shedding or shape loss. Also the handle has an awesome shape and is so cute and glittery.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by jasthill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Skin type: moderate acne (6-10+ active spots), oily all over, dry around certain acne spots, uneven skin tone due to acne scars (not deep, just miscolored surface level spots), fair with yellow undertones. Basically, my skin is every girls worst nightmare.

People, people.... listern to me. This is heaven sent for those of us with sensitive skin, active acne and scars, who need full coverage! I hate the foundation brushes that literally look like paint brushes because you could always see brush strokes on my skin. Therefore, I was against brushes. I would use my fingers or a fake Beauty Blender (I think the real B.B. is garbage, btw).

BUTI went out on a whim and bought this to stipple my make-up in and HOLY SMOKES, FOLKS (I'm kind of embarrassed that I said that, but I'm going to leave it). It really does make a massive difference in not only the coverage you get from your foundation, but the lasting power as well. It is $17 with tax, but well worth it and still cheaper than high(er) end brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I love this brush, so much so, that I have 4 of them. At 15 bucks its kinda steep for a brush, but this brush is damn near perfect. I love it. Feels good in the hand. Dense soft hairs, great for liquid and powders. This brush is a MUST!!!!!! BUY BUY BUY!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by NorthernLight1918

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is amazing. I have the Sigma 5 piece Kabuki brushes and although I love them I decided to add the Sonia Kashuk synthetic kabuki brush into my collection. Firstly because it's synthetic (different material compared to Sigma ones) and it's smaller. Now I found out how to use it: I use it first to blend out my liquid foundation (there is no product in the bristle which is wonderful) then use my Sigma kabuki to blend one more time. The Sigma kabuki brushes are so soft and blend very well too but the foundation do stick into the bristles so it's kind of waste. Now I can use all of them in different way and order :-)
I also have the Real Techniques Stippling brush to blend out liquid foundation and it works very well too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Iblamethejay

I absolutely love this brush! After longing for a flat top foundation brush, but not wanting to fork out a lot of cash, I finally found a wallet-friendly version that doesn't shed like a stressed out cat. Because it's synthetic, this brush picks up liquid foundations and covers it on the face flawlessly, unlike other brushes that soak in the liquids and creams without transferring much of it to your face. I love the handle grip. I did deduct points because I think if the brush head was little larger in diameter, coverage would be even easier to get. I also deducted points because the packaging sucks. Yeah, it's cute, but it's pretty wasteful. Overall, I will get a lot of good use out of this brush and look forward to trying out more products from this line.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by orangepillow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I read reviews for this product before buying, and since it was so highly rated, I just HAD to buy it! Boy this is by far the best foundation brush I have ever used. The flat top is really what distinguishes it from a regular foundation brush. It is somewhere between a Stippling Brush and a regular flat Brush. But for the price, I will take this any day over a Mac Stippling brush. I recommend that you use this brush in dabbing / stippling motion, rather than a painting technique. The coverage is just amazing - I did not think my Mac Foundation provided so much coverage, but now I realize its all about the brush!
Actually I had to go to multiple Targets to find this brush because it was sold out everywhere!