Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula w/ Vitamin E Medicated Lip Butter

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/3/2010 12:22:00 PM

I really love it! Leaves my lips soft and smooth and isn't sticky. I really hate sticky lip butters. Maybe it's just my imagination but it feels like as it's also adding volume.

on 5/18/2009 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product works fine, it's clear, goes on easily, and moisturizes. However, I cannot stand the medicated smell. I believe it's the camphor, but not sure. I prefer the chocolate/cherry version and am eager to try the chocolate/mint version. Would not buy again because I don't like the smell. Reminds me of carmex or something like that, something medicated.

I am still trying to find that perfect lip balm but I failed again when I purchased the medicated lip treatment by Palmer's. The lip balm made my upper lip swell and my lips became really chapped. I will not purchase again.

on 2/29/2008 1:28:00 PM

I have lips that dry out easily and was looking for a substitute for my HG lip treatment, the discontinued Sally Hansen Chapped Lip Repair.
When I was at Walgreens, the Palmers Lip Butter display caught my eye. The display had 3 versions/flavors of the Lip Butter: a Dark Chocolate and Peppermint, a Dark Chocolate and Cherry, and a Medicated Lip Butter. Although I was tempted by the Dark Chocolate and Cherry, I decided to go with the Medicated because it said on the tube "Softens & Soothes Severely Chapped Lips." The Lip Butter comes in a 0.35oz. squeeze tube with a plastic slant tip applicator. The formula is slick and "adds a subtle gloss" like it advertises; the texture's a lot like Vaseline. It makes my lips tingle when I put it on and smells sort of peppermint-y and a lot like Vicks VapoRub, which doesn't bother me.
It does a very good job of moisturizing and conditioning my lips. You know how with some treatments your lips become addicted to it...when you have it on it works, but the minute you stop, your lips are drier and worse off than before? (Carmex, I'm looking at you) Well, since I've started I haven't had any peeling on my lips; they're smooth and moisturized even when I forget to put some on. Not as good as the Sally Hansen Chapped Lip Repair but I like it. The only thing I don't like is that it seems to wear off pretty quickly. It was $2.99 at Walgreens.
Active Ingredients: Petrolatum 92.7%, Camphor 1%, Menthol 0.6%
Inactive Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis leaf oil, peppermint oil, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, tocopheryl acetate.

Popular Lip Treatments