August 30, 2014 | 1759 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear - Ivory to Fair

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Sweden121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the first tinted moisturizer I ever bought. It's ok... burns acne/roseacea when you first apply it. Doesn't cover redness as well as I'd like... Really watery and greasy, I had to use gobs of powder to off-set it. Smells nice. A tad pricy for the small tube. It does bubble and is hard to get just a little bit out of the tube. WAY to dark for my fair skin, it made me look like I had a bad incident with bronzer. Over all, it was a dissapointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by MamaJ9

Greasy! Greasy greasy greasy. I have oily skin, and this product made me so shiny I looked like an oil slick, and powder didn't even help. Also, the smell was very unpleasant! Yeah there's a hint of lavender, but there is something else there that is strong and gross. It dried super fast, leaving me with streaks, and the color did not look natural. I returned this as soon as I could get back to the store.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Chelseakins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros:
-All natural
-Light fragrance
Cons:
-Would not blend well
-Too dark for my fair complexion
-Very sheer and seemed watery even after shaking bottle
-Did not cover up my mild redness
Overall, it theoretically seemed like a great idea, but didn't give me the results I desired and it is not the right product for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this on clearance for two bucks and some change, willing to give it a shot since there's some still cold weather to come in my state. Much to my dismay, my bad luck with TMs continues.

I already knew I wouldn't get full coverage from this, it being a tinted moisturizer and all. But it did provide a decent sheer amount of coverage. This matched my skin when I first put it on, then oxidized. It didn't turn orange, but more of a bronzed color (no, I didn't get the bronzer by mistake). This occurred with the two types of application I tried: Flat top powder brush and hands.

The consistency is some how thick but still watery. Some people may like this, but I'm not a fan. I've also read that this smells like lavender for a lot of folks. Mine had a strong chemical smell to it, despite being organic. I could also smell something unpleasantly citrus-y. It honestly reminded me of lemon scented surface cleaners. The smell did fade, but it's so overpowering at first that it worries me a little. I didn't give this an all day test run, so I can't comment on skin aggravation.

I don't plan on repurchasing this mainly because it oxidized a noticeably darker color than my skin. But since it kind of turned a bronze color, and not orange, I might try patting some on my cheeks and see how that works so it doesn't go to waste.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - after putting this on and washing off what was left on my hands, the product that touched the sink left a strange film like nothing else I have ever used. I really hope I just got a bad tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by summerlover77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First impression: This thing must have had some kind of natural reaction in the tube because the third time I opened it, a whole bunch shot out and it was kind of bubbling.

Use: I like to use this under my powder foundation and the two combined (I use PF Healthy Wear SPF 50 in Translucent Medium) give me the most natural look. The coloring is just right, the formula is quite watery but that makes it easy to blend into your skin, coverage is minimal and only evens out your skin tone as advertised, it has SPF 15, comes with 1.5 fl oz/44ml of product, and is "100% free of harsh chemicals, parabens, and synthetic preservatives". Basically, if you're into all natural products, you will love this because it's certified organic. The directions say to shake before use, and I definitely recommend doing this because it does tend to get separated easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by sophia1984422

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like this tinted moisturizer. It's light, liquidy and very sheer coverage. If feels nice on the skin and easy to apply. It does not offer much coverage so good if u have quite good skin. I need to set with a powder so it won't feel sticky. It is good to be used as a makeup base since it's natural and won't irritate the skin. The tube will last me a while and if I don't want to wear any make up I will just apply this by itself as a sunscreen but it does feel better than most sunscreens. Overall a good product with reasonable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by bjmassie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this product out with reservations after having read the reviews but also after wandering around CVS reading the ingredient lists of other foundations/tinted moisturizers for half an hour. I'm a firm believer in the power of using pure vegetable oils (jojoba, shea, apricot) on the face and body as I have very dry skin. So the natural oils in this moisturizer was very appealing to me.

I actually do like this product but it has some problems. The packaging leaves a bit too be desired; it is too thin a consistency to be put into a squeeze tube. A pump or just a glass bottle would have been much better and if I can find a small bottle to transfer this into I surely will. Secondly, oh my lord the smell of lavender is just way way too strong. It's almost medicinal. Putting it on is like shoving your face in a bowl of potpourri. Thankfully, as far as I can tell this fades within the first few minutes of it drying.

Now, this moisturizer spreads on like a very thin lotion or serum and it does require more product than what I am used to using with my old Maybelline Pure. But, it sits very light on the face and feels quite light and smooth. I set it with a tad of translucent mineral powder to take off any shininess the oil gives it although given the oils used this would probably go away on its own after the oils absorb but I'm impatient. It gives a very light coverage. It's not going to completely conceal any acne though it will take an edge off the redness of any bumps. But for skin that rarely breaks out, it is quite adequate and a dab of concealer would cover any deficiencies. And I swear, it's exactly the right shade for my skin. Blends in perfectly, which is very rare. I usually have to dilute with sunscreen or add a spot of darker classic ivory Mary Kay foundation to what I'm using.

So I would buy this again but I wish Physicians Formula would add a bit more thickness to the formula, change the packaging, and get rid of the overpowering lavender smell.

Edit: On closer inspection my tube bought at CVS in 08/11, had an expiration date of 12/09, which may explain the unusually strong medicinal smell of lavender.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by donotbreaktheyaremysons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Moisturizer - It is not an adequate moisturizer in the cooler months, but I simply put another layer under it and it works just fine.

Coverage - The coverage is light to moderate and it has a very dewy finish.

Color - My skin is on the warmer side, so I can't say if it is excessively yellow. Sadly, this is usually too dark for my skin. I can get away with it during the summer, but it is the lightest shade and still too dark for my winter skin.

Other - It doesn't break me out and I find the smell pleasant. It would be my HG if they offered a lighter shade! Bottom line is this is not an exact match for my face, but I really like the formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by anonymousie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The reviewer that reported this product being orange is very right. It's not bad-bad, but it's a bit startling. I found if you set it with a dusting of powder, it counteracts it. Overall, it's wearable but I won't be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by MurphyRants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have pretty clear skin. No acne. Usually no outrageous redness unless it's "hormone" time. I have yellow undertones and I didn't find this too pink but not really yellow either. I do have very oily skin in the summer so I probably wouldn't wear this when I'm out in the sun. But, I do like it because I find that it evens out what redness I do have without sucking the natural coloring from my cheeks. It performs really well in the fall and winter when my skin dries out a bit. When I wipe my makeup off at night I am pleasantly surprised to see this product was still on my face. The smell probably isn't for everyone and one could possibly even have a reaction to it, but I do enjoy the scent and I feel good about putting the organic ingredients on my face since I'm always looking for ways to cut back on unnatural ingredients.