April 21, 2014 | 1073 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

Surprised about all the negative reviews -- this is probably my favorite face powder! I have mostly unblemished skin that's normal-to-combo, and I was previously using the non-organic PF powder as I'm lazy and can't be bothered to apply liquid foundations. Curious to try the Organic Wear, I picked it up in Translucent Light (same shade as the non-organic stuff). I honestly don't notice much of a difference between the organic and non-organic, other than the smell, which I don't think is very strong and I don't mind it either way. I apply the PF face powders with a MAC kabuki (182?) and it's very nice for evening out my skin without looking cakey or too powdery. I'm not a huge fan of the cardboard packaging -- feels cheap and if it gets wet, you're in trouble. I also felt the organic wear lasted longer than the non-organic powder...but I dunno. I will definitely buy this again if I can find it: my store had the organic wear on super-sale, and then it was gone. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by YEAHAnGiE

This looked like powder. It gives a white cast.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Bad color payoff, it's really translucent... Felt more drying than other types of pressed powders I have purchased before. I couldn't stand the smell either... Smelled horribly.
As I have read in comments before it has a cute packaging and all of that, but that's not really important, at least for me. Could work for setting liquid foundation (like all pressed powders out there). All in all, nothing special about this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by maggiealisa

Unlike the other reviewers, I really like this pressed powder. I use only mostly natural products. I have been using Pur Minerals pressed powder in Porcelain, which was a perfect match for my skin tone, and made my face look great. But with a $30 price tag, and how it only lasted me about 4-5 weeks, I had to find something a bit cheaper. I bought Physician's Formula Organic Wear in Translucent Fair, hoping for the best. When I got it and tried it out, I was pleasantly surprised. It went on smoothly and matched my skin tone perfectly. I'm so happy that I've found a cheaper, but still natural pressed powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by applecour

So, my mother bought this for herself and unfortunately it didn't match her skin tone. It comes out much more fair than it looks in the package. So I took it and decided to use it since I had just run out of my Studio Fix powder. I put my usual concealer around my eye area, then set it with this using a large fluffy powder brush. I continued to buff it in all over my face using the big fluffy brush and it looked good! It doesn't give full coverage, but I would say its light and build able.

I love that this product is organic since I do have sensitive skin.

This WOULD be a really great powder, for someone else. For one, I have oily skin and this powder really doesn't do much for that. It also isn't the matte finish I much prefer. Lastly, the brush it comes with is horrible. It's super scratchy and just icky.

However, if you're looking for a powder that's light coverage and natural/dewy finish, this ones for you. I would also recommend more for normal skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes from this product, it being organic and all.
Maybe i had a bad product,as the powder has a horrible skunk-like stink to it.
Applied on the face, even with a moisturizer base, it does not go on evenly. End result is splotches of powder. This product is not cheap either.
Update - this product is working quite well for me now. Maybe my skin has adjusted to the ingredients. I have also figured out the correct way to apply the powder so that it goes on evenly.
Apart from the skunky smell, it is quite good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by NirvanaxSunbeam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was actually a pretty decent powder. The colour I got, Warm Beige Organics, matched me perfectly (NW35). The oil control was pretty good, my face would still look fairly matte at the end of a five hour shift at work (only blotting once). The coverage is fairly minimal, but I don't mind that since my skin has cleared up a lot and I don't need much coverage anymore. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is that although its a pretty good powder, it's not a stand out product for the price you pay. The only reason I tried it in the first place was because I found it at Winners for half the usual price, I would never pay the full price for this since there are so many other powders out there that can give the same results but cost a lot less.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by SmallTiki

This is my least favorite face powder of types I have tried in the past year or so. It changed colors dramatically over the day into this weird orangey cast on my face, has kind of an odd smell, and chalky poor texture. My oily skin will usually get through a foundation or powder in just a couple hours, but I was almost immediately shiny with this. It's also one of the few powders where I can sort of feel it "sitting" on my skin. I think Physicians Formula is a good company compared to many other drugstore brands, but they just have a bad formulation with this particular product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by HayleeB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Physician's Formula so I was extremely disappointed in this powder. It did NOTHING for me. It just sat on the oily areas of my face and made them oilier looking. It's extremely, terribly cakey, AND it is far too expensive for the quality. Ugh, I'd give this 0 lippies if I could.

The only thing I LOVE about this is the packaging. It's magnetic and very cute and stylish. The plastic cover is kinda meh, but the overall container is just adorable. :)

But again, I highly disapprove of the product. PF is known for their gorgeous powders, so I'm thinking I just got a bad batch...:(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by fennecfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a set with the Organic Wear Blush and was sorely disappointed. This powder did nothing for me. It sat on my face and when I went out it got all over my scarf and jacket! I got this in Creamy Beige and just like the blush, it didn't even show up, but had the added bonus of being messy and useless. I gave it another chance because I really wanted to like the product but got the same results so now I don't bother with it.