November 23, 2014 | 1989 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this powder because it's organic and I have a love-hate relationship with Physician's Formula makeup. The first thing wrong with this powder is the smell. I can't identify exactly what the scent is or what it reminds me of, but it bothers me.

This face powder is very pigmented. It's almost like a powder mineral foundation, which I believe is one of the suggested uses for it. This powder layers on and can start appearing chalky and uneven after a couple of swipes with it. I have not yet been able to blend it or smooth it to make it appear more even. Even when I apply this powder lightly with a light face brush, it still goes on very thick. It rests on top of my skin and accentuates every imperfection on my face, especially wrinkles. It is very noticeable on my face, and it gives it a very sickly, unnatural, white cast.

The packaging is not cute to me, it is cheap and annoying. I know it's supposed to be sustainable, and I appreciate the gesture, but in reality, coupled with the very peculiar and unpleasant odor, it gives this rather pricey for a drugstore brand powder a very cheap feel.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Tatiana12

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product. I wear it over my Everyday Mineral makeup (my perfect match is Sand) as I need something that tames the shine and last a few hours, and isn't full of nasty chemicals. This does it. The color, translucent medium, blends with my olive, medium skin tone just fine. I have normal skin, so the staying power of the powder works for me.

Yes, the smell is a bit off-putting, the main reason I didn't rate it as 5 lippies. I hope the PF folks read these reviews and add an essential oil or something lovely to counteract the odor. But for a pressed power that is organic and helps the shine, I'm satisfied.

The packaging is also fine for me. I wanted something for my purse, and it is durable enough for my bag. I rather like it, in fact. It feels substantial, earthy. I'm not planning to use the paperboard compact around my pool or the beach anyway. (!)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ebullient

It SMELLS. My boyfriend would comment on this everytime he leaned in to kiss me. As a product, it works, does its job, but I would NOT buy this again because it literally stinks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

(I said "Yes" to repurchase but I'm having a sordid affair with the Hourglass Ambient powder as my go-to face makeup. See my review!) I have mostly unblemished skin that's normal-to-combo, and I was previously using the non-organic PF powder as I'm lazy and can't be bothered to apply liquid foundations. Curious to try the Organic Wear, I picked it up in Translucent Light (same shade as the non-organic stuff). I honestly don't notice much of a difference between the organic and non-organic, other than the smell, which I don't think is very strong and I don't mind it either way. I apply the PF face powders with a MAC kabuki (182?) and it's very nice for evening out my skin...but be careful, it can get cakey/overly powdery if you're too heavy-handed on application. I'm not a huge fan of the cardboard packaging -- feels cheap and if it gets wet, you're in trouble. I also felt the organic wear lasted longer than the non-organic powder...but I dunno. I will probably buy this again if I can find it: my store had the organic wear on super-sale, and then it was gone. :( EDIT 8/12/14: It appears that this product is on its way out, as my color is impossible to find in stores. Booo!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by YEAHAnGiE

This looked like powder. It gives a white cast.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Bad color payoff, it's really translucent... Felt more drying than other types of pressed powders I have purchased before. I couldn't stand the smell either... Smelled horribly.
As I have read in comments before it has a cute packaging and all of that, but that's not really important, at least for me. Could work for setting liquid foundation (like all pressed powders out there). All in all, nothing special about this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by maggiealisa

Unlike the other reviewers, I really like this pressed powder. I use only mostly natural products. I have been using Pur Minerals pressed powder in Porcelain, which was a perfect match for my skin tone, and made my face look great. But with a $30 price tag, and how it only lasted me about 4-5 weeks, I had to find something a bit cheaper. I bought Physician's Formula Organic Wear in Translucent Fair, hoping for the best. When I got it and tried it out, I was pleasantly surprised. It went on smoothly and matched my skin tone perfectly. I'm so happy that I've found a cheaper, but still natural pressed powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by applecour

So, my mother bought this for herself and unfortunately it didn't match her skin tone. It comes out much more fair than it looks in the package. So I took it and decided to use it since I had just run out of my Studio Fix powder. I put my usual concealer around my eye area, then set it with this using a large fluffy powder brush. I continued to buff it in all over my face using the big fluffy brush and it looked good! It doesn't give full coverage, but I would say its light and build able.

I love that this product is organic since I do have sensitive skin.

This WOULD be a really great powder, for someone else. For one, I have oily skin and this powder really doesn't do much for that. It also isn't the matte finish I much prefer. Lastly, the brush it comes with is horrible. It's super scratchy and just icky.

However, if you're looking for a powder that's light coverage and natural/dewy finish, this ones for you. I would also recommend more for normal skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes from this product, it being organic and all.
Maybe i had a bad product,as the powder has a horrible skunk-like stink to it.
Applied on the face, even with a moisturizer base, it does not go on evenly. End result is splotches of powder. This product is not cheap either.
Update - this product is working quite well for me now. Maybe my skin has adjusted to the ingredients. I have also figured out the correct way to apply the powder so that it goes on evenly.
Apart from the skunky smell, it is quite good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by NirvanaxSunbeam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was actually a pretty decent powder. The colour I got, Warm Beige Organics, matched me perfectly (NW35). The oil control was pretty good, my face would still look fairly matte at the end of a five hour shift at work (only blotting once). The coverage is fairly minimal, but I don't mind that since my skin has cleared up a lot and I don't need much coverage anymore. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is that although its a pretty good powder, it's not a stand out product for the price you pay. The only reason I tried it in the first place was because I found it at Winners for half the usual price, I would never pay the full price for this since there are so many other powders out there that can give the same results but cost a lot less.