August 28, 2014 | 1679 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Style Curl Sculpting Cream-Gel

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ugh. I love Garnier's Curl Construct Mousse, so figured I'd give this a go to use itself or along with gel. Well, I've tried it every way I know how and it just doesn't work for me at all! My hair is 3b and thick. All it seems to do is separate my curls into a light, fluff, frizzy mess. I've tried using a little, a lot, mixed with something else, by itself, as a base layer, a top layer, NOTHING works. I probably shouldn't have even given it that many shots, but I've been happy with so many other Garnier things. Anyway, trash can here it goes! At least it wasn't expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by tiffanyparrott

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this creme gel. My hair is curly and gets frizzy from rubbing on my shirt throughout the day. Not with this product. Now my hair stays in place and looks good all day. Also, one tube costs less than $4 at Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of those products I bought a couple years ago, didn't like, but have since brought it out of the cabinet. My hair is long and naturally wavy/curly and very thick. I realized I wasn't using enough product before. I really like it now, and I partially let it air dry. It keeps my curls in all day without making them stiff, greasy or crunchy. It also adds shine, which I like and helps with the curl definition. I am now almost out, so the tube doesn't last very long, but I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this specifically on my son's hair. He has blond, slightly wavy - when long - hair. I like the smell, as with most Garnier Fructis products. It felt really gooey in my hands and I prepped to apply in his hair. It didn't hold all day, but it gave him a little something to have a soft style in his hair. I won't purchase again tho.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hated this product. It feels very slippery in texture and I felt like it was coating my hair with buildup. Ick. Smells like chemicals too. I much prefer the Earth-friendly gel instead (I forget the name)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by fsmeath

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my hair is naturally wavy and a little course, medium thickness. i don't like to use this on damp hair for styling- it tends to flatten my waves and leave my hair a little too glossy/greasy. the feel of this gel cream is somewhat slimy, and it tends to build up quickly.

as a frizz control product on dry hair, though, it is indispensable. i take a dab and scrunch it through the length and ends when i'm short on time or when my hair gets humid-weather, mid-day frizz. it's the best thing i've found for this purpose. i'm not a product junkie but i've tried my share of high and low-end hair creams, serums, etc. this is a keeper.

a note on the scent: i really dislike strong smelling products (they give me a headache). this is ok- chemically and fruity but not too overwhelming (when used sparingly).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Oh how I love this stuff!!!

I have naturally wavy hair that never wants to do what I want it to. It's that horrible waviness that either dries like a frizzy lion's mane or I have random pieces of straight, curly, and wavy hair. It's just a mess.

With short hair I can shower, apply a pea size of this in my wet hair, and comb my hair down. My hair then dries pretty straight. I have a few longer pieces that tend to curl just a tiny bit but it's so much better than my hair's natural texture.

I haven't tried scrunching my hair with this but I'd imagine it'd be wonderful and cause a nice wave.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by staci13

As a rule, I don't have a high opinion of the majority of the Garnier Fructis line of products. They all smell wonderful, but the Shampoos and Conditioners seem to wreck my hair. I have thick, somewhat coarse, frizzy, wavy/curly hair and when I don't wear it straight or up in some sort of ponytail, then I like to let it do it's curly thing. This product is one of the few that I love for my curly hair. I start with hair that is wet, but not soaking, I comb it with a wide tooth comb, part it appropriately, and then I start with a bit of a frizz serum, and distribute that evenly throughout my hair. Then I use the Fructis Cream-gel and emulsify it for a bit in my hand then distribute that evenly throughout my hair. Upon application this product may seem a bit sticky or tacky, but it will eventually dry and give you soft, not crunchy curls. I will usually let it air dry, but sometimes I will use a diffuser to volumize and/or speed up the drying process. This product is fantastic because creams typically don't do anything for my hair, and gels are way to stiff and crunchy, so this is a nice balance in a useful form. I will definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This really, really, really worked for me. This works well on wet and dry hair. It defines curls and smooths, and de poofs and de frizzes, just like it says. The texture was strange at first, like slime or something! LOL! But it works!

My hair is extremely wavy, on the verge of curly. This is the wort time of year - summer - but I think I'm gonna use this in the winter. This defines my hair perfectly while dry. I'm often needing to re wet my hair in the mornings in order to re set hair, after sleeping on it, it gets messed up. Anyway, no need to re wet. This stuff is great. I hope it never gets discontinued. I'm of Mediterranean descent, and my hair is that stereotypical type, kind of like Dominicans get sometimes. Poofy, wiry, etc.

Anyway, I hope others have success with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Halfsquatchh

I have very fine, flat hair that's pretty weird- it's curly/wavy underneath but then pretty straight on top. I've been searching for my HG curling product that would define my curls underneath and also sculpt some on top. This product worked AMAZINGLY well. I've tried many curling cremes, gels, mousses, you name it.. I haven't found anything that made my hair so curly, voluminous, bouncy, yet still soft at the same time! I scrunched this in the ends of my damp hair and added some Aussie flexible hold hairspray and then scrunched some more.. it lasted all day and looked great! It's definitely worth trying!