November 21, 2014 | 1595 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Wear Infinite Eye Shadow Singles - Sea Shell

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by RoseannaDanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although this shade is meant for blue eyes, it suits my brown eyes well. Just as other reviewers have said, I use Seashell as an eyeshadow base and as an overall highlighter. It goes on very finely and not as a streak of chalky coverage. Super light micro shimmery coverage that brightens otherwise dark and shadowy crevices of the eye area. I love the way I look in pictures as a result! Fresh and alert! The best part? I found this little treasure on the floor of the grocery store entrance. Someone must have accidentally dropped it on the way out. A serendipitous find that I otherwise would have never purchased.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Although the photo does not look like the product I purchased, it is the the L'Oreal brand and shade "sea shell." It looks stunning for about 15 minutes, but I'll agree with Paula's Beautipedia that this eye shadow does not last, although it applies nicely. I'll continue my search for a HG eyeshadow to even out my lid discoloration while adding a soft cool neutral color to my mature lids. As much as I want (and need) to love drug store cosmetics (on my paltry budget) this product did not work on my mature skin.

On the positive side, I think this product could work for teens just beginning to use make up. Packaging could be improved.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Valla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is very close to my skin tone, which is what I was looking for. (For reference, a bit lighter than WNW Brule.)

With this and Maybelline's Silken Taupe, I've finally found what is probably my favorite "natural, but better" look.

I use Silken Taupe on my lid, and then use Sea Shell from my crease up to my browbone. With primer, it lasts all day, and into the evening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite eye shadow primer. Seashell is a great matte shade that works perfect as a base color, and it's very close to my skin tone. L'oreal has new black packaging with silver lettering, which is very sleek looking. The eye shadows have a quilted effect, and no longer say "matte" or "perle". Sometimes I use Seashell as my highlighter with smokey eyes. I will buy this eye shadow again...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it looked like it would give me a nice wash of color,but this is EXACTLY like my skin color which I would be cool with,but it looks so dry and chalky that it sticks out.It can not be blended at all and no matter how I try to use it it just looks like a dry rough scabby version of my skin.No thank you.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyClaire79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good quality, I'm pale so I get away with using it as a base for my eyeshadows. The only reason I bought it was because I found it for $.99 at CVS. Nothing special about it, can't see how it would be considered a matte highlighter, looks rather washed out for highlighting to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 7:40:00 AM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a new matte Wear Infinite shade for 2008, listed as a highlighter (although a paler person can wear it as a lid color or wash). It's actually a whitish-taupe, but appears as pure white on L'Oreal's Web site, and it can look beigey or even pinkish under the different lighting conditions in supermarkets. The quality of L'Oreal's matte e/s is always smooth and long-wearing, and Sea Shell is no exception. The only reason I won't buy it again, however, is that colors like this (in the grey/taupe family) are not flattering with my coloring. Overall these Singles are a good value, but L'Oreal's choice to continue with such flimsy compacts is disappointing.