October 20, 2014 | 978 users online

Lip Treatments - Badger - Unscented Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this unscented, natural lip balm underneath whatever lip colour I'm using. I carry this in my purse, backpack, etc. and reach for it when lips start to feel dry. Though I drink what seems like gallons of water, I still get chapped lips and this somewhat helps against that issue. Above all, I'm a sucker for packaging and I really like the little badger on the label and have since bought a larger tin of a similar unscented balm (the 56g/2oz yellow one for dry, sensitive skin) by the same brand. I use both products each day and especially love that they do not contain petroleum.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by demiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It is very moisturizing. Relieves flaky lips. Preps for lipstick application. No glossy layer. Not sticky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by beaglebaileysmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HOLY GRAIL, and I never use that term lightly. Everything, but everything, besides this makes my lips peel. I had almost given up. In fact, before finding these, I had to make my own lip balm in order to have something that didn't make me peel. What a pain that was! Now I can have non-peeling, moisturized lips the easy way. I, too, have tubes and tubes of this stuff all over the house and in every pocket of every piece of clothing. I just checked Drugstore.com, and it seems I have purchased 40 tubes in the five or six years I've been using it. For those of us with lips that peel due to sensitivity, the simple formula and lack of fragrance is a godsend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love it and have tubes of it all over the house. I hate to put on lipstick without putting this on first. My lips never get chapped anymore. And I'm happy that it's unscented -- no irritating peppermint or cloying fruit. It's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by sparkleandshine79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is good if you don't want any scent. I've used this probably twice over the years. I love their vanilla one, and that's the one I mainly use now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It' simple.
Good for sensitive lips and for people like me who may have allergies and sensitivities to lip products casusing dry throat and mouth.
Does what it says.
Looks cute.
Works well as a heavy night treatment.
Works well-after blotting- during day time as a primer for lipstick.
Recommended.
Ingredients; olive oil, beeswax, castor oil, rosemary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

A lovely simple lip-balm.

PROS:
---does the job of moisturising lips
---without greasing them up
---without irritating them or the surrounding skin
---no scent or flavour; Badger do make nice other lip balms and skin balms with scent, so something here to please everyone / most people
---minimal formulation, but still has some preservatives; doesn't seem to go off.
---good base for under lipstick, or indeed under SPF lipbalm and lippie
---bonus: also works well as an eye-area moisturising balm, on dryish skin.
---and usable as a general-purpose all-over balm: hands, elbows, knees, heels, etc.
---cruelty-free, plus other "green" stuff.

CONS:
Can't honestly think of any. Oh, okay, maybe one: melts in heat. But doesn't everything?

PACKAGING & PRICE:
Mainly found in stick form; can occasionally still be found in the large 2 oz / 56 g tin (like the healing balm): used them years ago, they're now rare in North America as a whole, bordering on extinct here in Canada. The tin is really worth getting: lasts forever, easier to use in some situations. It's slightly different--just olive oil and beeswax.
Costs around $2.50 - 4.00 for 0.25 oz / 4.2 g

INGREDIENTS:
extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, castor oil, CO2 Extract of rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 5:26:00 AM More reviews by faffner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was really surprised by this lip balm. I almost never use the stuff because I haven't generally liked the ones I've tried: they've either been too greasy, too irritating, too drying, or given me whiteheads. But lately I haven't been feeling like doing the whole skincare/moisturizer/makeup thing, and my lips were getting pretty dry. So I went to the store, and Badger's ingredients seemed the least objectionable. I have to say that, like other reviewers, I am not thrilled about the rosemary extract. It's something I've found to be irritating in other products, and it does make my lips feel a bit tingly. But my lips are less sensitive than the rest of my skin, and overall, it's been great. It doesn't break me out, dry me out, or leave my lips icky. It's got enough weight to coat my lips a bit in a protective way and leaves them moisturized and comfortable. It even makes them look a bit prettier than without. I like this product enough that I'm considering trying a tin of their unscented healing balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by babalou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it.

Had been using Balm Balm but found the lip balm tube too liquidy and the pot too fingery. I saw this is similarly super-gentle and pure in ingredients & also BUAV-approved, so decided to try it in a recent 3 for 2 online offer.

Am so glad I did, this is a really moisturising and protecting daily essential that has prevented chapping on my lips this winter & is also great for taming brows & conditioning lashes on mascara-free days.

Will definitely re-purchase. Unscented is my favourite.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by eskimo122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

love love love. i am allergic to fragrance, lanolin, etc and i have to hunt for balms with minimal ingredients. this is both cheaper and easier to obtain than dr. dan's hypoallergenic lip balm, which is what my dermo recommended for me. i must say though that i just got a new tube and it has a new ingredient - rosemary extract. i haven't used it yet but i hope that this doesn't irritate my lips!!!