October 24, 2014 | 1953 users online

Powder - Mary Kay - Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I like Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation, but it's not my favorite powder foundation during the summertime. I don't have perfect skin & prefer a fuller coverage for my blemishes. I do get a little, but it does start caking & looking ashy if I try to build it up. I don't recommend this particular makeup if you have a scar, redness, discoloration, or ace. I mostly wear it when I'm rushing & don't have time to mess around with a liquid foundation or on days I want a natural look. If you're a diva in everyday life, you probably won't like this. Despite having oily skin & needing a powder foundation for absorbing the extra oil on my face, I wish it had a matte finish & not powdery. After a little while, especially if it's really hot outside, the powder just disappears into my face after a few hours. I have Beige 1 & I notice a little bit of shimmer or glitter, which I love a lot. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin & didn't break out or have any reaction after wear. In my opinion, there are 3 cons: the fallout, the packaging, & the cost. (I explain below.)

1. If you're putting on a full face, put this foundation on first. The excess amount of product that falls off of the designated area is horrible; I made the mistake of applying this while wearing a white shirt—yikes!
2. The sifter inside my package must've come lose because I always have excess powder inside the jar & it's a nightmare to open sometimes.
3. It's kind of expensive—it costs $20, which isn't bad for a good quality foundation… it's a lot for a .28 oz jar though.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by karmadammit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If I couldn't find something else I like better I would buy this again, but that's not likely.
I wouldn't call this a foundation. For me, it's best use is as a setting powder for my liquid foundation. Since it's darker than my skin (I normally use the palest, coolest foundation available and I have this in beige 1) I can also use it as a light bronzer. It's pretty good for what i use it for and unless it's the summer it stays on (and keeps my other makeup on) for a good bit of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Price: $22.00, kinda pricey for the product but u know, it's Mary Kay.

Packaging: I like the click-lock sifter jar, would be nice if it were a reusable one, but NOOOOO, God forbid they actually give u something u can reuse.

Product: Meh, not bad, I've had better. I've had my jar for like a year and can't seem to run out of it, since I dont use it daily. Use it lightly, u can feel it on ur skin. Good for on the go, probably won't repurchase though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This gives a nice light coverage without looking cakey like a lot of powder compact foundations or shiny like a lot of popular mineral foundations. It looks unnoticeable yet evens out skintone and can conceal in areas that you choose to build up coverage. Feels smooth on the skin, not powdery or emphasizing lines, pores and wrinkles.

Currently, I use Paula's Choice Hydralight Mineral SPF 30 lotion, let it set for a few minutes, then apply the powder. It evens out the redness in my cheeks blurs discolorations and helps control oil in the tzone area. I use the Sephora Mineral Powder Brush #45 or the Urban Decay Optical Blurring Foundation brush, they are very similar. Then I take my Ecotools mineral concealer brush and go over a few little areas that need more coverage.

This is nice as a light foundation or as a powder to set your liquid makeup since it does absorb oil and offers extra coverage. I've used it both ways and have been happy with the results. Nice range of colors too, and the price ($15) is pretty reasonable I think.

I don't like that this isn't travel friendly, there is no twist lock sifter that prevents spillage like most MMU companies offer now. Grr, that's part of the reason I love powder foundation, it's quick and easy and travel friendly. Kind of lowers the score for me. Also, it's not as much coverage as say, MAC Studio Fix powder foundation which I think leans toward medium coverage but can look very cakey and does not really help with controlling oil in my experience. It's better than most drugstore powder foundations and definitely worth a try but I will keep searching for that perfect HG powder foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by jgamble0007

Does not have any coverage at ALL! Makes my skin look flaky ( I have combo skin). Coverage is not build-able, if you try to add more it only makes it look cakey. Did not cover any redness or anything! I had a breakout, it did not cover it and it made it look worse by settling into the lines around it. I could have paid $1 at the dollar store for the same thing. WASTE of money! Only good thing was it did kind of match my skin - which is hard to do with liquid. Will never buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by bluedrag0nfly

This is currently my favorite foundation and there are several good reasons why. Previously, I was mixing foundations because I couldn't find a match for my skin tone. I'm very fair with an olive complexion and it was impossible to find a match. This foundation is the first perfect color I have ever found. I was using a mix of Bare Minerals and Laura Mercier to get a match before. My skin has reactions to foundations and this one doesn't cause a problem. Bare Minerals makes my skin itchy and red. This foundation comes off clean, leaving my face fresh and not at all irritated. It covers nicely. I don't think it's coverage is as great as Bare Minerals or Laura Mercier; however, it is sufficient. It also looks more natural than any other mineral foundation I've tried. I find that Bare Minerals covers my natural "glow" and forces me to use blush and bronzer to create that desired look. I don't need to use a blush with this product because I have a natural blush to my cheeks and it shines through the foundation. It isn't the perfect foundation but maybe there isn't a such thing. The only con I have to it is that I find it to be messy and the packaging won't contain the powder completely when it's shut - meaning I open it to find powered gathered underneath the top.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Brookeelise

This foundation is great! It looks very natural, and lasts all day. I like this a lot better than bare minerals. It didn't break me out or irritate my skin, which a lot of products do. I defidently reccomend this

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ETA: this gave my combo skin horrid dry flakey patches after a week of daily wear. Boo!!! It was so easy and the color was spot on! Will save to powder my forehead with I guess :/

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really love the texture, that its matte and gives medium coverage but unfortunately there wasnt a shade YELLOW enough for my skin. i was "matched" to beige 1 and i am NC42 in Mac/Barcelona or Stromboli in Nars/Golden Neutral in BB. all the shades in the medium and dark categories are straight up a flat brown. returned. if they had more golden shades this would be a keeper, much better than BE hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Beanwife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mineral foundation! I am 53 years old and constantly get compliments on my complexion. I have tried most of the top mineral foundations and liquid foundations, but aside from IT Celebration Foundation, I like this the best. I like It Celebration Foundation equally as well, but it is much more expensive, and I am all about quality on a budget. I read all these reviews and articles saying that women over 50 should wear liquid foundation, and if you were trying to wear a mineral foundation such as Bare Minerals, where it tends to cake, I would agree that might be a better choice, but Mary Kay is even coverage, flawless in it's look, and very easy to apply! I do a lot of Theater work, and use it on stage as well. (I just have to apply it a little heavier though). The price is very affordable, and it comes in a large container, so it lasts quite a long time! Thanks Mary Kay!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No