TheFACEShop Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
TheFACEShop Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)
Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)Professional Makeup Base (GREEN)

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, TALC, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE, ULTRAMARINES, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, OZOKERITE, CALCIUM STEARATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, GLYCERYL, BEHENATE/EICOSADIOATE, METHYLPARABEN, CHLORPHENESIN, FRAGRANCE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PROPYLPARABEN, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LIMONENE, HONEY EXTRACT, BETA GLUCAN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PORTULACA OLERACEA EXTRACT, DIOSPYROS KAKI LEAF EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT

on 6/20/2011 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very oily product. You can't tell if you do a patch test on your hand coz the chalky powder that is mixed into the cream dominates the surface and you are tricked into thinking that it is actually dry. You need to have bought it and worn a full-face of it for a day to realise how heavy....and greasy it is.

I put a blob of this on my blotting paper next to a blob of my foundation (do the same if you own any). Watch the oil seep out the sheet 4hrs! It is crazy...then imagine that much oil on your face. This definitely contains a lot of oil (mineral oil?)...and explains why my face frequently felt heavy and greasy throughout the day after using this as a primer (Oddly enough, it feels chalky and dry right after application).

It is a decent green color corrector and definitely does a fine job of muting down redness, but it is not worth the compromise of a thick, suffocated feeling + oily appearance. The oil ingredient in this reflects the cheapness of the product which comes as no surprise.
If you want quality, texture and long-lastingness, look elsewhere. This only gets thumbs ups for the anti-redness but fails in everything else.

on 3/5/2011 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best primer I've ever had. People even ask me if I use any foundation because my face looks natural and smooth with this primer.

on 12/27/2010 11:47:00 AM

I want a million of these! If you use it all over your face or too much, yes it will leave a white cast in the pictures. I just use a little for the nose and cheeks, sometimes under the eye. It helps brighten my face, makes my foundation look waaaaay better, skin look smoother... best of all keeps oil at bay. Thanks to this I don't need to oil blot every hour or be so worried that I would look like a horrible oily mess. I used this during the holidays. It also saved me bathroom time, before during night outs after 4-5 hours I have to remove and re-apply make up. Now no need.
I just have to be careful, I might go overboard and would leave a white ghastly and ghostly cast.
EDIT: it's too white, I realized I don't need this to combat oil

on 11/28/2010 1:29:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

The Face Shop is a Korean drugstore brand, so this product was dirt cheap. I can say the same for the quality--it's a drugstore brand quality, like the American version of E.L.F or Wet n Wild.
Don't really know what all the hype is about this product. I was estatic to find something that wouldn't break me out and silicone-free while still remaining affordable, and I thought this would be it. Sadly, my expectations were not met. This primer left a white cast similar to what sunscreen does on my face. Makes me ghastly pale and sickly looking. I guess that's how it "covers" facial redness, by making you look like you have a white mask on. The blendability of this sucks too, really not smooth and extremely tacky, especially when you try to layer it on other skincare products.

I've used it once, will NOT use again. I'm putting it up for swap if anyone's interested.

on 9/6/2010 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a great base for such a cheap price tag. I've had very red face throughout my whole life, mostly big red cheeks and i could never work with blushes properly. They always looked on a reddish side and like I apply it all over to my chinbone. And this one is the first primer i've ever used and it worked amazing! I applied very tiny amount since i didn't want to have a green face, after applying it actually looked like a foundation that is very lighter than my actual skintone. Then after a couple of hours I've noticed my blush looks perfect,just like the way it should have and I had a evened out complexion. It's a steal for this price and you'll only need to use a tiny amount. I'll be repurchasing this my whole life !

on 8/27/2009 11:02:00 AM

I have a few red pimples here and there and some redness around my face. I thought this product wouldn't really do much apart from being a seperater between my skin and foundation, so I applied it on and the result really suprised me, my face looked brighter, the redness on my face and pimples were neutralised, my pores were less visible. It's a dewy finish, not too shiney nor matte. I wouldn't recommend wearing it alone because it'll make you look super pale. The down side is that my skin feels oily after an hr or so. Can be fixed with powder over it. Overall great product.

EDIT: It's great for dark undereye circles!

Im asian, Fair yellow undertone. I have a combination acne-prone skin (But no acne as of the moment just acne marks). I Love this product mainly because it makes my skin look naturally dewy flawless. It's light doesnt cake up. Doesnt make my skin breakout. Covers pores and even out skin tone. Staying power is good just keep some oil blotter. Doesn't totally cover acne marks you would still need a good concealer but its good on spider veins and minimal redness (Can't say with rosea). And its dirt cheap for its wonderful effect.

Comparing to the violet, I would very much prefer the violet one.
I personally think that this is quite personal as it depends on the individual preferences. I am medium fair and it sort of make me look far too fair for my liking. It appears to be gentle on the skin and did not cause itch on me. If I am not wrong, I think this brand come from Korea. Besides, I do not like the service the sales assistant gave me.
It kind of put me off their product. I might not be visiting the shop anytime soon.

This is the best green makeup base I have ever tried. The price isn't that bad either. It lasts a long time and it goes on smoothly. I def see a huge difference in the redness of my skin. I cannot go a day without this! Highly recommended for anyone suffering with redness in their skin.