Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22
Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Bobbi Brown Sandwash PinkLip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

4.2

on 4/1/2016 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really good everyday lipstick and very office appropriate. Really pigmented and lasts a long time on my lips. I pair this with Bobbi's lip pencil in brownie pink.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Sandwash Pink is a very nice, natural pink that is blue-based with a hint of brown/beige tones, with a creamy matte finish. It's well suited to fair skintones, and as I am an NC15 girl in MAC, and 0.5 in UD Naked, I can attest personally to that. I'm not sure how well it would work on dark and deep tones, however, simply because it's quite a light shade, and it may disappear when in contrast with a deep skintone.

This is excellent for fair skin because it can function as a nude lipstick without making you look gaunt or have that dreaded "corpse lips" appearance.

Pros:
- Great colour.
- Nice consistency, although not as nice as MAC or Bite.
- Creamy matte without being overly dry.
- Pretty, if old-fashioned, packaging that is also perfectly functional.
- Great, dense pigmentation.
- Very wearable.

Cons:
- Overpriced. I understand that it's a luxury product, and that its price reflects that, but you can find many lipsticks that are similar for much less. (This did not affect my rating, but is worth considering.)
- The smell. I really wish they would either make it odourless, or at least scent it with something pleasant like vanilla (as MAC does). As it is, it has that classic "grandma's lipstick" scent, which isn't very appealing for the market Bobbi Brown is trying to capture (seemingly, women under 60). The smell isn't that terrible, but this lipstick is $30. For the price you're paying, it should be at least inoffensive.

I bought this and Pale Pink, as well as a semi-lipstick in Crystal Pink.
All of them make my lips sore. Within 5 minutes if applying my lips tingle and after a few applications my lips are dry and in need of lip salve.

It's annoying as the colour range is extensive but there is clearly an ingredient which doesn't suit my skin.

I also think they are expensive compared with cheaper brands. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for foundation and eye shadows but think almost £20 for lipstick is too much.

on 6/8/2012 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I solely bought this because Kate Middleton wore it on her wedding day. And it is BEAUTIFUL! I love it!!! Such a gorgeous, MLBB colour :)

on 10/16/2011 8:17:00 PM

My favorite go-to lipstick!

It's basically the color of my lips so it evens them out and gives them a little bit of color! It's just so perfect a subtle

on 1/16/2011 12:17:00 AM

This is the only high end lipstick I continue to repurchase. I'd call this a warm pink as I can see a tad peach in it and geez it is gorgeous. It's a color for any occasion and can be dressed up for evening with gloss. I like it best with a little of MAC Jelly Baby over top. BB makes some wicked pinks.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Beautiful pink color. MLBB shade. It defines the shape really well.

on 11/4/2008 8:10:00 AM

I always come back to this lipstick, it suits me very well (fair to medium skin, blond hair, green eyes) and it's just a great every day colour. It is a bit drying, thats why I took off one lippie. I'm not very good in describing a colour, pls have a look at the picture...

This color did not flatter my fair skin and only brought out the redness.

Bobbi Brown's lipsticks smell like my mom's lipsticks when I was a kid. It's not a flattering scent, but for me it's remeniscient of good times! :) However, the formula is awesome, it stays put for a long time and it's actually not drying when I put a dab of gloss over it. The colour of Sandwash Pink is BEAUTIFUL! It's YLBB - actually, it's my lips but a lot, LOT better. It brightens up my whole complexion, makes my lips appear larger because it's light, but not too light to make me appear washed out. It is a beautiful soft pink, no hint of brown or orange. My favorite lipstick right now by far. Will repurchase!