Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22
Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Bobbi Brown Sandwash PinkLip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

3.4

TEXTURE: creamy matte, doesn't slip around. LONGEVITY: 2-4 hours. COLOR: one pass for opacity, great quality too since the color doesn't break apart or feather, and it wears away uniformly. On my NC 25 skin, it looks like a plain muted pink, no fancy undertones. Not a garish pink, more neutral pinkbut i wouldn't call it nude. IT STINKS THOUGH. Like all Bobbi Brown lipsticks, it smells like badly rinsed tupperware washed with lemon detergent. Awful. For the price, i think we could do away with this ~unique~ assault on the nose.

I'd been looking for a color like this forever! A medium toned pink that isn't too brown, isn't too blue. Not too pale, not too bright. Not glittery, wears well. I have light skin, dark eyes and brown hair and this gives my whole face a great finish. Perfect every day color that doesn't disappear, wears fairly well. Would only complain that it's a little dry but I put a little bit of balm underneath so no problem.

I bought this and Pale Pink, as well as a semi-lipstick in Crystal Pink.
All of them make my lips sore. Within 5 minutes if applying my lips tingle and after a few applications my lips are dry and in need of lip salve.

It's annoying as the colour range is extensive but there is clearly an ingredient which doesn't suit my skin.

I also think they are expensive compared with cheaper brands. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for foundation and eye shadows but think almost £20 for lipstick is too much.

on 1/29/2013 9:35:00 PM

I love this color, just a beautiful natural pink. It's too bad that Bobbi's lippies are so drying on me. I love her selection of colors, but it never fails that when I get one, I regret it. After just a few minutes on, my lips are practically peeling. Probably could add a balm underneath or a gloss on top, but I'm most happy with a product that does what I want it to without having to worry about additional things to do... it has to be wear and go or forget it.

on 9/26/2012 4:21:00 PM

I am officially hooked on the Sappho Cosmetic line. Their foundations are stunningly beautiful and natural and their cheek and eye colours amazing! This line is proof that you don't need to cover your face in nasty silicones and chemicals to achieve that perfect look. Highly recommended.

on 6/28/2012 11:58:00 AM

I'm also a beauty sheep and purchased this color when I read that this is a Kate Middleton color. I loved her wedding-day look so I picked this up. WOW does this brighten up my face. I love the color and I like the creamy texture of this lipstick. I take off 1 lippie because the lipstick is easily transferable after a light application and 2+hours on my lips. I feel as though the lipstick just sits right on my lips. So don't give out any kisses with this on unless you want it to show up ;)
Also - this is just a silly personal gripe but the lipstick packaging is so 80's - I'd like to see a much more chic tube like Mac or something more new-age.

on 1/16/2011 12:17:00 AM

This is the only high end lipstick I continue to repurchase. I'd call this a warm pink as I can see a tad peach in it and geez it is gorgeous. It's a color for any occasion and can be dressed up for evening with gloss. I like it best with a little of MAC Jelly Baby over top. BB makes some wicked pinks.

it is so pretty when you pair it with viva glam vi (mac lipglass). i love10000000x it

on 11/8/2009 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I purchased this lip color about two years ago, becoming convinced by the salesgal that it did not look brown on my lips. Well, it did look brown and I forced mysefl to wear it for about a year and a half. Then I put it in a small makeup storage bag and moved on to other lip colors. A few weeks ago, I dragged it out and tried it on again. The texture was still creamy so it is a high quality product and has nice packaging. But, honestly, I wish some of these lip colors from this company made at least an attempt to complement, not clash with, pink-toned gals. I know, Bobbi is skin-tone challenged. I love her Pale Mauve Lip Color but it is now the only Bobbi Brown lip stick I own. I tossed out the Sandwash Pink lipstick and moved on to Chanel.

on 5/7/2009 7:05:00 PM

I'm sad... I really wanted to like this based on the reviews here and the promising color in the tube but on my NC25 skin, it's like a muted Pepto Bismol pink. Eck. I was not impressed... off to find another color!