Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.2

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I will buy this product over and over and over again based soley on it's beautiful, tropical, coconut scent. I would never use this to tan. As a body moisturizer, it works fairly well on my sensitive, KP-prone skin. The ingredient list is surprisingly short. This can also be mixed with brown sugar and olive oil to create a delicious, coconut-scented body scrub. Mostly, I use this to smell good, as well as to relax, since this is one of my favorite scents in the world.

on 10/14/2012 9:33:00 PM

I haven't used this for tanning, just as a moisturizer. It smells wonderful and does make my skin very soft. :)

on 8/18/2012 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a horrible product for tanning! It's almost all mineral oil! Mineral oil combined with tanning can actually STRIP the colour off your skin! When I tan, I usually get a deep pretty golden colour really fast. I used this last summer, and at the end of summer I was still SO PALE! Also: it was the first time in my life that I actually got a sunburn!!! I couldn't understand what was going on, and decided to investigate. This is what I found:
No wonder I got almost no colour! It's quite easy to find information about this; just search "mineral oil tanning". Seriously people - don't give me a thumbs down without researching this...! Are you really not concerned about this? When something makes you burn in the sun, it makes the risk of cancer much higher!
The smell of this is coconut. It's quite strong, but not bad really. If you want to use this as a moisturizer, it's maybe OK, if you don't think the oiliness of this is a problem. In my opinion, to get more tan, it's better to find a lotion that absorbs and makes your skin produce more melanin, instead of something that sits on top and reflects the sunlight.

on 12/11/2010 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just pulled this off the shelf this December morning, turning to oiling instead of the same-old post-shower lotion routine---And I love! The classic HT scent swept me back to warmer, sunnier weather, and the benefits of sheer soft moisturization is long-lasting; still, 4 hours later my skin is very soft and smooth. I read somewhere a beauty editor uses HT oil as her sole moisturizer, sun or not, and I am convinced: move over cremes and lotions, this oil is where it's at.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am in love with this product! I can't say enough about the wonderful ingredients (take a look for yourself!) that are packed into this dyn-o-mite product! Although I am NOT a sunworshipper (I prefer not to kill myself slowly), I do use it as an after shower moisturizer! Sometimes all over, and sometimes just on my elbows, knees, and heels! The scent is faintly "coconuty" (very soothing... it really does take you away!) When I do like to add color to my skin via a self-tanner, the DHA's in those products have a tendency to dry my skin out. After the color develops, I slather this on and I look golden-goddessy! I always have this product on hand as an all-season remedy to get that silky look of gorgeous skin!

Popular Body Skincare Products