Pro Activ Refining Mask

No Image

3.6

Active ingredient: Sulfur 6% Inactive ingredients: Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Glycreth-26, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lemongrass Exrtract, Geranium Extact, Tea Tree Oil, Ethoxydiglycol Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I find this mask okay on active pimples left on for a few minutes, however as an overnight zit treatment it is way too drying and causes flaky patches of dry skin. It also smells terrible!

on 9/22/2016 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product!!!! It makes my skin soft and oil free!!! Im in love!! Will repurchase for sure!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is the best mask I've ever used! I rarely repurchase beauty products because I always want to try something new but I've repurchased this product countless times! I've suffered from acne since I hit puberty. At it's worst, I used to sleep with this mask over my entire face! Now I just use it two or three times a week in the evenings. My skin is also very oily and I feel that when I use this product regularly, it helps control the oil and breakouts. It keeps my skin very soft and smooth - better than most chemical or physical exfoliants. I order it on eBay as it seems to be the cheapest way to buy it in Canada. This is definitely an HG product for me and something I never let myself run out of.

on 12/16/2015 11:15:00 AM

Ive gotten 2 samples of this mask, and i can definitely say that acne is a lot smaller the next day! i do leave it on for more than 30mins+ though

on 8/13/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love Proactiv's Refining Mask. I use it 2 or 3 times a week after cleansing. I leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse. It really reduces any redness and shine.

on 7/29/2015 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Been using this mask on and off for 9 years or so, & it definitely helps my break outs heal. I have combo/acne prone olive skin and this is the most effective mask I've ever used for acne. Has a bit of grittiness to it, smells awful of sulfur....but works! It's best to avoid dryness by just putting it where the break outs are...I leave it for 15 minutes or so, then rinse off in shower to avoid stinky washcloths. Much more effective than Queen Helene Mint Julep (but that smells better!).

I LOVE this product! I have combination skin with a slightly oily T zone, I get large pores beside my nose along my cheek, and get blackheads sometimes on my chin area. I hadn't used this mask in a while and noticed today while looking in a magnifying mirror to pluck my brows that my pores were giant and oily! I dug out this mask, put it on my t zone only for ten minutes, and when I wiped it off my pores were invisible and the blackheads and clogged pores we're gone! Follow up with a light oil free moisturizer and it is like magic. I am In love with this product and keep two tubes in my cabinet at all times! Makes my skin feel smooth and look beautiful as long as I am sure to use a moisturizer after. If I don't, it can be drying. I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin, and even if you have combo skin only use it on the oily t zone.

on 3/29/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I think I got this ages ago with a kit of other Pro Activ products but never really used it until recently. This product was okay. I used it as directed, all over my face for ten minutes, 2-3 times per week over the course of a few months. I have oily skin, so this did dry it out, but it was temporary. It was only dry for maybe that day that I used it, and in some areas (around my mouth, mainly) it caused my skin to become flaky. This also seemed to give my skin a white color after I used it. My skin felt soft after, but not for long, and it didn't really feel any "cleaner".

on 11/30/2014 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I don't have acne, but I do get pimples from time to time. When I do, I just whip this stuff out, smear it on, then go to bed. Every time the size of the pimple decreases dramatically. I only use it as an overnight spot treatment, not a mask, so I haven't had any issues with my skin drying out because of it. My only gripes are that it can tingle unbearably sometimes, and that it smells awful. But it works, so I have no issues with smelling weird for a night.

I'm not too sure on where to start,I bought this product two months ago just to see if it would improve my skin.I don't have any acne but i do get the occasional weekly pimple here and there,I also have normal to dry skin.A big concern for me with this product in consideration of other users is how can a person with dry skin with acne use this ?!

I made the mistake of putting this all over my face even though i have dry skin,keep in mind this product is extremely thick and its purpose is to dry acne of moisture in hopes it will clear up anyway as i don't have acne this completely dried my skin out which then caused my skin to break out due to the lack of healthy oils my skin needs to keep itself soft and hydrated.

This product would be terrible for a dried skinned person with acne seeing as it would completely dry out your skin and prepare it for more breakouts.I also wouldn't recommend this product to someone with oily skin because it would also strip your face of oils and leaves you with manifesting breakouts.

If you already have purchased this products the best way to use it would be to get into spot treatment (put the product on acne spots directly) hopefully that will work fine depending on the type of pimple you have.

If pimples are dry -do the spot treatment (they will flake of from all the drying up-moisturise after)
If pimples are tender and quite red -don't use the product it will only cause irritation

This isn't professional advice I'm just typing this down based on personal experiences.