wet n wild Megaslicks Liquid Lip Color in 564A Cherish

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/16/2014 3:55:00 PM

I'm a sucker for these MegaSlicks - this is my 4th one, I think. The color in the tube is really pretty, but once applied is so, so, so frosty the color isn't the focus at all. It is a light pink that is appropriate for spring/summer. Of course, I'll keep playing with it because the MegaSlicks are super hydrating and seem to have decent staying power for me.

I'm already considering running by Walgreen's and buying a backup on this one. I'm not sure if they're still doing the 69 cent deal still. Well as you can see from previous reviews, this gloss is considered frosty frosty frosty. And it is. I like it though. I swear I owned it once before in junior high. It's pink and reflective and fun. I like mu that's a little loud, though. You can throw it in your purse and run out the door. It looks best with a neutral eye. It keeps my lips moisturized more than most lippies. Overall a great buy.

Good thing I bought this on sale - It's inexpensive enough normally, but I'm glad I didn't drop more than a buck on this stuff. I'm a gloss junkie and am always trying out new glosses; I was hoping this would be the nice, neutral peachy shimmer it seems to be in the tube. But I was really disappointed when I tried it. The color, when applied, was nothing like it seemed. It is really frosty, a cool-toned pink, totally different than it looks in the tube. The gloss smells bad - There's a sort of sweet frosting type scent underneath an overwhelming "warm" cosmetic scent. The formula was inconsistent - full of bubbles and little grits/lumps. Worst of all? It was horribly drying and highlighted every crack and dry patch on my lips. I normally love Wet 'n Wild, the line is full of hidden gems, but this was a total miss for me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I was going through a pink l/g phase when I grabbed this. Granted, it was very cheap but also very hideous. It looked both Barbie-like and trashy, frosty to the point where you wondered if your face was a cake. It made me look like a tart (not Tarte) and I seriously considered wearing blue e/s to complete the look. Ick! I recommend stay far away unless this actually is the look you are trying to channel this look (no judgement).

I bought this when I came across these cause these were the first glosses I wore way back in 7th grade. The color actually applies lighter and frostier than it looks in the tube. But that's ok I actually like it. It is very frosty so if you don't like frosty you will hate this. It has a nice smell to it, kinda like cake batter or something and the staying power is decent. For $2 yea it's worth it to me.

on 7/21/2009 9:06:00 PM

Far to frosty for my taste. No offence to anyone who likes it but I think it's kind of trashy looking.

on 9/22/2005 3:22:00 PM

Ok, I admit it..Im a Sephora/department store snob. Although, this is one staple from my teen years that I won't be without. It seemed to mature with me. Now, I don't wear it all over my lips, I just dot the center of my lips with this to give it fullness and shine. This is much to shiny to wear without a matte lipstick under it. It gives my lips a sexy glow and eye catching fullness that no other can achieve. I think I may just run out this weekend and try to stock up, I don't think I'd be able to forgive myself if I didnt stock up and they discontinued it.

I believe the mixed impressions regarding this gloss come from the fact that it is a *truly* pink shade. It's a no-holds-bar, pale pink that *definitely* will not appeal to everyone. I happen to reach for this gloss when I'm going for a more "pinked-out" look and I know I'm at my tannest. On pale skin, this just doesn't jive. It's way too frosty and, though questionable under certain conditions, it can be applied so that it looks *really* good. The trick is to not over-do it. I mean, it's Wet n' Wild for $1.99, so you can't get your hopes up. If you're going for a subtle or natural look, you aren't going to reach for this. If you're in the market for a friskier gloss, this'll do.

This is a soft, rosey pink gloss with a lot of shimmer. I really love this shade, for the summer, or the winter, it just looks so polished and delicate. It lasts, and is very easy to use, the consistency is awesome! I have had no problems with leaks, or it going bad. A great value, I consider this a holy grail gloss.