Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter

Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter

4.3

WATER, PETROLATUM, AMMONIUM LAURETH SULFATE, AMMONIUM LAURYL SULFATE, SODIUM LAUROAMPHOACETATE, LAURIC ACID, TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN, FRAGRANCE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYL TRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CITRIC ACID, DMDM HYDANTOIN, SODIUM BENZOATE, DISODIUM EDTA, NIACINAMIDE*, PEG-14M, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKI (SHEA BUTTER) EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, VITAMIN B3, VITAMIN E, VITAMIN A

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my everyday go to body wash. Someone on one of the boards recommended it for dry skin and I picked up a bottle. It's a very nice creamy consistency and lathers very well with a washrag or poof. It moisturizes well and does not leave my skin feeling dry or tight. I can even skip body lotion on some days. Never had any issues with the fragrance, just smells pleasant. Not a life changing product, but does a nice job of cleaning and moisturizing.

The bottle is very generous and the cost is average for a body wash. I like to buy the 3 bottle package in Sam's Club which runs approximately $11, which is a fairly good deal, as I think it runs $4-5 regularly in Wal-Mart, Target, CVS, etc.

on 5/9/2016 8:52:00 PM

UPDATE 6/11/16: Did after awhile cause irritation in private places for me:-( Back to Weleda. ORIGINAL REVIEW: I wasn't expecting much from this because I haven't had good luck with drugstore body washes in the past. I've been buying Weleda Sea Buckthorn body wash online for years, but the tube always leaks when I travel and so, with summer approaching, I grabbed a travel size of the Olay Ultra Moisture on a whim at the grocery store. Game changer! The scent isn't my favorite but at least it's not strong. Everything else is perfect. I wasn't unhappy with the Weleda but Olay is even more moisturizing, considerably less expensive, readily available, comes in a big pump size as well as a small travel size, and doesn't cause itchiness or irritation anywhere. Love it!

To Read all 47 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/10/2016 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this bodywash!!! The shea butter scent is night & light. This moisturizes well (perfect for dry skin)& rinses easily.

I highy rec this!! (If you find this to be too pricey Walmarts Equate Total Moisturizing Body Wash with Shea Butter version is just as good and I rec that too)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was in search of an affordable drugstore body wash that would not dry out my skin and settled on this. It smells great to my nose, produces a nice lather that is gentle on the skin, and doesn't break me out. It is easy to find too. You also get a pretty decent size bottle. I'm glad I took the chance.

on 4/6/2015 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

If you are in search for a moisturizing body wash with a great smell and a decent price, you might want to try this one.

The smell is great, soft and clean without being overpowering, and the texture is nice. This product leave a clean feeling on the skin and a light moisture film, but not enough for me to stop moisturizing after my shower (I have really dry skin).

I prefer Vitabath shower gel, for me they are as moisturizing as this one but more natural, but If you don't care about the ''natural part'', try this one!

on 4/5/2015 10:41:00 PM

First of all, I am biased because this body wash caused me to get pimples on my chest and back. I have been using this for about 6 months, and I substituted other products and I know it is this that is breaking me out.

Pros: Makes my skin feel nice, smells great, and lathers very well. The size of the bottle allows it to last for a while for an affordable price.

Cons: I started getting little red pimples on my chest after 1 week of use, and then started getting the larger painful pimples on my back as well. I actually barely used this to scrub my chest and back but even then I the remnants of the product would get on those areas and break me out even after thorough rinsing.

on 3/11/2015 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If I had to choose one body wash to use forever, I'd pick this. It has everything: a rich lather, an addictive and lovely light scent, it leaves skin moisturized yet it doesn't leave behind a film or a greasy feeling, it doesn't cause breakouts or irritate skin, and it's affordable. It's a shame I can only rate it five lippies! :)

on 7/21/2014 10:32:00 PM

Great body wash. very moisturizing. like someone else said below, I didn't realize how drying other body washes are til I used this. however im on the hunt for something more environmentally friendly, organic if I find one. so i wouldn't buy again, but that's the only reason. I hope I come across something before winter, blehh. but if you could care less, this does what it claims. isn't too expensive for the huge bottle. good to use on a loofah for exfoliating without irritating the skin.

This is an okay body wash. It cleanses well and leaves skin feeling fairly soft. However, it smells terrible. Terrible. Typically, I would not let smell get in the way of using a product that I think works well, but this doesn't work well enough to put up with the awful, artificial, perfume smell. I don't think that it causes breakouts, but it doesn't seem to do anything to prevent them either. I have used non-medicated body washes in the past that have kept my very minimal bacne under control; this does not. I will use the rest of the bottle, but I will not buy again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love this body wash. I use it on a wash cloth. I recently switched from using this form my dove bar soap with coconut and this Olay moisturizes my skin unlike anything else. It makes me feel clean and smooth after my shower. Sometimes I will use my black soap bar on my skin and it will dry my skin a little but I wash again with the Olay and It puts the moisture right back into my skin. I absolutely love this product.