Rimmel Lasting Finish - Asia

Lasting Finish - AsiaLasting Finish - Asia

4.1

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Overall, this is a darn good lipstick.
Apparently it's a lot of bloggers' MLBB - and it's probably mine, too, except for one thing: something about the colour on my skin looks...wrong. I would say it's because it's too purple, but other purples look okay on me. Perhaps it's just my taste. But this colour looks wrong on my light olive skin in indoor lighting. Okay in outdoor lighting. I have an IMPOSSIBLE time matching it to my clothing. Again, it just looks...wrong. But other people love this shade, so, don't mind me.

This lipstick does have the best wear of any lipstick I've owned - it fades and wears off beautifully, and halfway through the day I look in the mirror and don't even feel like I need to reapply because it looks that good.

The formula goes on so smoothly and feels moisturising. This is a very comfortable lipstick to wear. Transfers quite a bit; you probably won't be able to eat anything without it coming off.

The smell is good. For some reason, when I put it on, I get an uncomfortable tingle in my throat - maybe I'm slightly allergic to the fragrance(!), but this feeling fades and it's fine afterwards.

It's got that glossy almost iridescent sort of reflectiveness...which I'm also not fond of, but that's a matter of taste.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I'm really undecided about how I feel about this lipstick mainly for the fact it seems to change colour. When I initially tried on the lipstick it looked dreadful, it went from pink to greyish brown frost in a few swipes. Yet a few hours later I tried it on again and it looks much more pink with only hints of brown and grey, a nice nude shade. I'm going to to try it out few more times and see how the colour goes. If it stays like the colour it came out the second time then I may keep it, if it remains the initial colour I'm getting rid of it. Otherwise the formula is nice and creamy, easy to apply. The packaging while sturdy looks cheap and unappealing. I don't think it is worth £5 as although you could definitely call it a "unique" colour, I've had better ones at a cheaper price.

on 2/11/2016 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is an almost perfect lipstick that I always go back to. It hasn't gone bad in over a year; it gives a glowing (not iridescent or glittery) natural lip that is pale but not ghostly, it wears for several hours and has no smell or taste. It has better wear than most lipsticks. It's still on after 4 hours including eating lunch. With a slightly darker lip liner pencil it is even more gorgeous. This has no hint of orange or fuchsia or purple or brown, and it's not a barbie pink or a baby pink at all. I guess I'd call it a muted light mauve. Nor is it sheer, drying or caking, like some of the Revlon and L'Oreal lipsticks in similar shades. It's very much like Kate Moss 105 but that one is matte and this one is creamy. This is a nice relief from the complicated glossy liquid lips I've been trying out. This is so low maintenance and normal. It could have come out in 1965. That is how old fashioned it is. I think I have a spare one but I may go and get another if they still make them.

Update: In three stores I went to, the shade selection still included other old ones like Independent, Kasbah and Airy Fairy, that have been around for many years. I am pretty sure Asia is discontinued.

Update: even at the store where the clerk told me they were getting some in next week, the tester has been taken away. No one else even had a tester. I have looked in every store in my city for two weeks. This shade is gone forever. And by the way, Paradise is more tan based and not at all rosy like Asia so it is not a suitable replacement for it. They still have Paradise. Whoopee.

Update Feb 3/18: This was discontinued about two years ago. I had two of them but they've gone rancid so that's the end of this shade for me.

on 1/15/2016 10:43:00 PM

Gorgeous mauve shade which looks very good on my nc42 skin. The colour is very opaque and creamy.

on 4/27/2015 11:05:00 AM

Rimmel lipsticks are my HG lipsticks, hands down... So many pros with no cons really... Here are my thoughts on their lipsticks

-this particular shade appears pinkish on my lips and it's great for every day use
- the texture of rimmel lipsticks is satin... The lipstick will glide easily and evenly on your lips with no patching
- it will stay on your lips for a good amount of time and when it wears off it won't be ugly looking
- almost every shade of rimmel lipstick is a great shade of color
- it won't dry out your lips
- the color won't oxidize to a darker shade, it will remain as you first applied it
- thanks to the texture of their lipstick you won't necessarily need a lip liner on your lips

I hope they don't discontinue this line of lipsticks

on 10/18/2014 8:40:00 PM

Finally found an alternative to my hg Heather Shimmer, also Rimmel. I have worn this for years but now feel it is just a bit to dark for me in my advancing years! Enter Asia, a pretty browny nude colour with no sparkles. The perfect everyday shade especially if like me you are pale. I love this lipstick and will buy again.

on 9/19/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My very first lipstick i have bought and im on my second tube!! Looks so natural for medium/brown skin tone.

on 8/23/2014 3:19:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

One of my all-time favourite everyday lipsticks, it adds a beautiful pinky-mauve colour which isn't OTT. Super versatile and really complements my pale skin tone. It has a nice satin finish, and while it's not really moisturising, it also doesn't dry out my lips. Not the longest-lasting lipstick (despite the name), but then it doesn't wear off unevenly, so I don't really mind. Love the smell of Rimmel lipsticks too. Definite repurchase, I need to buy a backup of this in case they ever discontinue it!

on 5/19/2014 11:22:00 PM

I love this colour, really enhances the natural colour of my lips and it's not too pink. It's a little bit drying so I have been using paw paw ointment underneath. The staying power isn't that great but I like the colour so much that I will repurchase!

This is a pinkish-brown shade, which is great for every day wear. It is somewhere in the nude family. I absolutely LOVE this color, and have been wearing it forever. It goes with everything, day OR night.

The formula is a creamy matte, with no sparkles at all. It is fabulous for a natural look or vamped up with a smoky eye. I will continue to buy this product, as I love Rimmel lipsticks.

Popular Lipsticks