CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.5

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

All time favourite liner! I have tried so many cream and liquid liners and pens and my watery/sensitive eyes smudge and crease. This is the first liner I have tried that really stays put. I love it.

It is not a jet black, more of a soft black which I prefer so my lashes are blacker. I also have it in "Black Honey" but the black is my go to. The BH is a rich eggplant with a touch of shimmer and I feel it competes a bit with my eye colour, I think it would be fabulous on green and hazel eyes.

The tiny brush is ok for travel, but it isnt effective for daily use, I always use a regular sized angled or thin liner brush.

on 4/19/2014 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is my go to liquid liner. To be honest, I haven't tried that many others, but for a mid level price range it's perfect. $17(CAD) makes it half the price of others at Sephora and it lasts forever. Goes on super smooth and stays put all day. I'd recommend staying away from the brush that's included, waste of plastic, and use a high quality one with a very fine point.

Use this every day. super smooth and pigmented. Wasnt sure how i would like this (im a bit picky - look at my other reviews lol) this was my first foray into cream/gel liners as had always used liquid.

Was pleasantly surprised at the ease of it.

I ditched the little brush that came with it as it was clumsy, not stiff enough and made too thick a line for my taste. I went and bought a super super fine brush from an art supply store for 0.99 and it works like a dream. (generally dont recommend these type of brushes for any other products!!! )

this product does not smudge or flake off on me and i have lots of trouble keeping things like eyeshadow on.

Would def purchase again.. but it is lasting me a very long time.

Black gel eyeliner is my #1 make-up staple and this is my HG gel eyeliner. It's very black, applies smoothly, dries quickly(on your eyes, not in the pot!), no smudging, lasts all day. I've had it for about 3 months and it's just as wet as the day I opened it (and I have a tendency to leave it open until I finish both eyes). My only complaint is that when I tried using this to tight-line, it transferred to my contacts. I'll stick to pencils for tight-lining but as far as gel eyeliners go this is a winner for me. Eyeliner isn't something I'm willing to "experiment" with; I want an eyeliner that can look as good at the end of the day as it did when I put it on that morning.. This does just that, at a lower price than many other department store/high-end make up brands. (I use a hard angled brush with it)

I love this liner! It goes on smooth, it says put, and it never dries out in the pot. It is my fave.

on 5/8/2013 11:01:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I honestly didnít know gel or cream liner could be this magnificent. I wear winged liner every day and have always just bought the gel/cream liner from the drugstore because I thought why pay more for basically the same thing. Iíve tried LíOrealís, Maybelline, Wet n Wild, Elf, Physicianís Formula and a few other drugstore liners in the little pots. Some have been horrible and others were good and I assumed they were as good as it gets. I thought it was normal for a cream liner to work great for about a month before it would start to dry out and become difficult to apply and flake all over my face throughout the day. Iíve never been able to hit ďpanĒ or completely use up any of my drugstore liners because they just become far too hard to work with. Then a few months ago I was at my local Clinique counter and decided to try their cream liner for the heck of it. Let me tell you, this stuff applies like nothing I have ever used; it is so soft and smooth, like butter. This liner applies so easily that itís saving me time in the morning because I donít have to struggle with applying dry, pasty liner. The best part is that the consistency of this liner is exactly the same as it was the day I opened it; it is showing absolutely no signs of drying out. I have the black color and it is a true deep black; dries to a matte finish and I only need to go over the line once to get a solid black line. This liner cost me $16 which is only about $5 more than the drugstore brand I was using and in the long run the Clinique liner will be cheaper since itís not drying out and becoming unusable. I will definitely be getting my moneyís worth on this liner.

on 4/24/2013 2:51:00 PM

Without a primer, the eyeliner is dark and glides on very smoothly without tugging but after a few hours, it starts to smudge and after half a day I end up looking quite raccoon like. With primer, it tends to stay pretty much all day with minimal smudging. The eyeliner also comes with a mini brush, which is decent considering brushes that come with makeup are usually pretty terrible and it's perfect for applying eyeshadow or eyeliner for the lower lash line.
Overall, I would prefer this eyeliner over the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner (which also smudged on me), just because it's cheaper and you get more product.

When I say that I love this product, I mean I LOVE this baby... I love how creamy it is and that it takes a little longer to dry than other gel liners... like say, MAC Blacktrack. Because it takes longer to dry, you have more time to work with it before it sets. Now if you have hooded eyes or monolids, this may be a problem. It is very black and dries matte... I can't say how long the pot will last because I've only had it for a month. I will update my post when I know. It's been said before, but the brush it comes with it total crap... I like to use the MAC 209. The staying power is very good, but not amazing. I would say that Blacktrack wins this battle. Over all a great product, would definitely repurchase.

on 8/18/2012 5:47:00 PM

I love this eyeliner but the little flat brush it comes with is pointless. I apply it using an angled eyeliner brush and it glides on easily. If you are inexperienced at applying liquid eyeliner you may find this a little easier to apply due to the slightly thicker consistency.

It dries quickly, lasts all day, and is easy to remove with waterbased eye make-up remover. A little goes a long way and there is a decent amount in the pot. One of the best value for money products clinique offer.

on 6/7/2012 9:15:00 PM

I got this years ago and although its a little stiff it's still going strong. It comes with a tiny brush - a nice gesture. But this applies way better with an actual liner brush. The formula is creamy and very pigmented. I find this easy to apply whether it be a thick winged look or a bit of definition for an everyday look. The best part about this product is that it is budge-proof! It won't smudge or melt away. It beats quite a few "waterproof" gel liners for staying power, even though I don't think it claims to be waterproof. I like the packaging for this product. Just a simple pot with a screw on lid. I will easily be able to use up the last little bit.
Summary: great staying power, very pigmented
There is nothing I don't like about this. This is worth the few extra bucks. Definitely repurchase!