Amphigory Special Effects in Fish bowl

3.8

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is my second favorite color, next to wildflower. Its a beautiful turquoise color. It does fade pretty fast, but all blue-ish dyes I've tried fade faster than, say, red-ish dyes.

Gorgeous colour! Simply amazing....however, it fades. Like...really quickly. I applied over bleached to white hair and within a couple of washes it's faded to a light icy blue. Sad, since it really is stunning when freshly dyed.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Fish Bowl is such a beautiful colour. Gorgeous turquoise that leans more to the blue side.
My lower layers are bleached & the top of my head is dyed blue-black & Fish Bowl looks gorgeous with it.
The reason it's not getting a higher rating? The staying power isn't anything to write home about.
I'd used Atomic Pink first & hadn't touched it in about two months. It was still bright pink & I had to bleach it out to use Fish Bowl.
Sadly, Fish Bowl started washing out after just a week or two. A month after dyeing my hair, it's no longer turquoise. Some of it has faded to an ugly blonde/green combo and some has just faded completely.
I've said I would rebuy but only if I really felt the urge to go Turquoise again. Fish Bowl requires too much upkeep for me to call it HG.

I have almost all pink hair, except blue, orange, yellow on the bottom. That blue I have is Fish Bowl. I made sure my hair had very slight yellow tone on the strips I wanted this put on. It makes it a fricken gorgeous sea blue/green. Like a mermaid would wear. The only thing that blows about this is that it washes out super fast.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I'm really disappointed. I've had no problems with other colors that I've purchased from SF. Maybe I picked up a bad bottle but I cannot get this color to work, period. I've tried this on both my own and others hair. It will not stick to hair AT ALL. I've let it set for hours, even overnight and it still washes out when I go to rinse. I'm really frustrated as this dye is a bit expensive.

My boyfriend has been using this on and off for years. Pretty much in the Mohawk or his beard, it stays put for months. If you're looking for an awesome turquoise, this is your chap. The only thing i would say though, is bleach to white if you want more of a blue tone and if you want it to fade better. It doesn't fade well on yellow bleached hair and the true color doesn't come through. If you have a yellow base, expect more green.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It fades faster than the other Special Effects dyes I've used, but it is still 10x better than Manic Panic. It's not bad, especially if you use shampoo for colored hair. It looks amazing with greens, pinks, purples, and blues. I used fishbowl with those combinations and I was told my hair looked, "pretty like a peacock." It sucks that Hot Topic has stopped selling it. It is less expensive online, but it's nice to not have to wait for shipping.
I had the same bottle for around seven months. I didn't even run out! I just ended up giving the rest to my boyfriend before he went back to college and it still had a lot of product in it.

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

my naturally dark auburn hair is bleached to add color. it's also chemically straightened and I heat style it. I mix this with Blue Haired Freak for a pretty velvety blue with a bit of brightness.
On it's own, it's a sharp turquoise (come out bluer than it looks in the bottle) and stays pretty well. Fades to a greenish color. It's not great with staying power, I have to retouch about ever 2 1/2 weeks, but hey, that's the nature of this kind of color. Used it solidly for over a year.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My hair and Special Effects just don't have good chemistry. This color fades way too fast for me. It's beautiful though, when it's fresh, but I wasn't fond of the color it faded to. It's also expensive if you buy it from Hot Topic, but decently priced online. I don't like the bottles either. I always have to slice them open to get out about the last 1/4 of the dye. I used Special Effects for at least a year, then I discovered Punky Colours and have jumped ship.

Gorgeous turquoise color. Feels great after bleaching the life out of your hair (Trust me, my hair was close to death... I'm Chinese with very bleach resistant black hair... And I bleached it to light blonde). Only took a lippie off for the fact that the ends tend to fade easily over a week or two. The rest, however, stays quite beautifully like the rest of SFX's range that I have tried.

Popular Hair Color Products