Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

3.4

on 6/27/2013 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely fragrance, and I agree with other reviewers in that smells almost like Serendipitous (another fragrance I love). A chocolatey/vanilla fragrance with a hint of citrus. It smells like cookies/chocolate cake/baked goods on me, so if you like foody/gourmand fragrances, you'll probably like this one (as long as it works with your chemistry). It's not overpowering, which is good (some perfumes give me a headache). At first, you can smell the citrus, but then after the dry down the citrus fades into the background (can still smell it though) and you're left with the chocolate-vanilla scent. It has this slight smell of burnt sugar/caramel also which i absolutely love (this aspect reminds me of Pink Sugar). The only downside to this (and it's a pretty insignificant downside) is that i'm not a fan of the bottle, as mine tends to leak a little every time i spritz it (that may just be my bottle), and it's hard to see how much perfume you have left (unless you hold it up to a light, then you can see). One of the best aspects is that it has great staying power (on me at least), once i wore it all day and even showered and could still smell it, or i can put it on during one day, go to bed and wake up and still smell it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love vanilla-chocolate scent, actially I love anything "edible" on my skin. I bought this from an approved retailer and still think I've been cheated. It has asolutely no lasting power, 30 seconds at most, and while the scent was on its way from bottle to skin, I could smell something similar to a stale cocoa diet cracker. After this..nothing. I had to quickly spray myself with Montale Chocolate greedy to realign self:)

on 10/26/2009 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Mmmmmmm Amour de Cacao! I was going to write that this smells like Cocoa Puffs in milk before reading the other reviews. Well, I read them and I concur! But it's wonderful...just wonderful for a gourmand lover. This is not heavy or dark chocolate, it's not rich. It's light and airy with vanilla. It is gorgeous. I wore it today for the first time and receive instant compliments. LOVE IT!

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Last fall I was wearing this at work and had occasion to walk through the office with my boss, a hearty good natured man who likes to eat. He suddenly stopped and looked around sort of drooling and said, "I smell cake." "Sorry," I said, " I think it's me." "No, no," he insisted, "I smell cake, it must be someone's birthday." Needless to say, there was no celebration. Despite that, I still wear it...it puts him in a good mood! And I just bought a second...canister (don't much like those containers). If you want one of those scents that drive men wild...and you don't want to wear bacon, you can just spritz a little cake or may I say, "gateau"! It's yummy.

on 3/26/2008 10:32:00 PM

First off- I will start by saying I just recently fell in love with chocolate fragrances (But have always worn gourmand scents). Having said this, I received a sample of Serendiptious and fell hard for it. It had the perfect comfort zone for me, and invited my DH to snuggle closely with me... However, it was lacking staying power and intensity (Even though "I" enjoyed the subtley of it, I got annoyed when my DH said "i can barely smell it!) I almost bought a bottle until I bought a sample of Amour de cacao- and holy crap! This is EXACTLY what I wanted Serendiptious to be on me, and more! The lasting power is phenomenal on me, and my DH goes ga-ga for it! I find the orange is only present at first- and not overbearingly so, just a little bit.. then it fades to a milky chocolate, of which some say smells like cocoa puffs.. and truly it does!!! But I love it!!!!
This is definitely my new HG fragrance... I love it for my skin and hair!

on 2/19/2008 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!! That's the fragrance that springs to mind when I spray Amour de Cacao. It really does smell precisely like Cocoa Puffs (Cocoa Pebbles, Cocoa Krispies - substitute any of these as necessary). Unfortunately, I don't share the sentiment! It is not a bad scent, but I suppose I like my chocolates darker, and in my mouth - not my nose! The chocolate notes in Amour de Cacao are light and definitely of the milk chocolate variety. There is a hefty dose of vanilla here as well, which I think improves this scent but not enough to make it really interesting to me. It's inoffensive, but not exciting. I have been wearing it to bed, but should probably swap it or just give it away.

I picked up a relatively travel spray of this at Sephora. I'm glad I don't have MORE of it! The aluminum bottle is a PLUS to me in a functional sense. I think the opaque material serves very well to protect the scent from light. I do think Comptoir Sud Pacifique could do a better job making the bottle look prettier though.

All in all, not good for me. However, if you're looking for a light milk chocolate scent with vanilla, this might be for you. HTH someone! continued >>

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Once again, I find myself in the minority. This fragrance is just over the top. There is no way I could stand myself, or anyone else for that matter, wearing this all day. Ugh.

on 8/29/2007 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you want to smell like a godiva chocolate shop this is the fragrance for you. Honestly it smells great, but I do not want to smell like a chocolate bar. I am tempted to use the remainder of the bottle as air freshner. In fact, all of the comptoir sud pacifique fragrances smell like high quality (and expensive) air freshners to me.

Somewhat sweet, but has the chocolate "oomph" that I crave.

I love this fragrance! It just melts on my skin the way chocolate truffles melt in my mouth. It's fabulously delicious and very much reminds me of the way Nutella smells from the jar. The original hazelnut spread with a chocolaty taste by Ferrero. Makes me feel like a kid at a carnival. EDIT 11-27-06: this is more as an aside but I had to comment: This fragrance lasts and lasts. It's funny, I felt compelled to reapply a million times through the day, but the whole room smelled like me. This is not one of those scents makes your skin smell intensely of the fragrance you applied, but literally the whole room will smell it.

Popular Fragrances