Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

3.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I got this eyeliner in a set from Sephora that includes many other black eyeliners. While it's not a disastrously unusable eyeliner, it's definitely not my favorite. I used to own Sephora's cream liner and that definitely was better than this one in terms of consistency. Maybe I just got an older or more dried out pot, but this hasn't been very easy or smooth to apply. And often when I'm applying it, tiny pieces flake off and go into my eye or under my eye, which is messy and annoying. Because of this, it takes me longer to put this on in the mornings. In terms of staying power, it's not horrible, and doesn't transfer on my upper eyelid, but it does transfer a bit to my under eye area, even if I just lined my upped eyelids, which means I have to check for smears under my eyes during the day. I haven't used anywhere near the whole pot, but I'm thinking of just not using it anymore and going back to pencil or liquid eyeliner.

on 10/1/2012 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Its a gift from friend & since I'm looking for waterproof eyeliner to tight line my upper eye, I thought this was a godsend. Now, the texture look creamy but it is not super smooth when apply. It doesn't stay long & it smeared & run about 3 - 4hrs of wearing. Waterproof......I call this nonsense. It also irritate my eye (I wear contact lenses) after an hour or more of wearing. By end of the day, I can visibly see the eyeliner transfer down to my lower inner waterline. Save your money on this one......NOTHING WORK AS STATED ON THE BOX.

on 4/21/2012 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this stuff thinking that it would be a good one. It sucked! I got raccoon eyes only after like an hour or so. I had to keep looking in the mirror to make sure i didn't look scary! I wouldn't buy it again. It was really hard to apply and was kinda of cakey. You have to drag your brush a few times to get enough liner on your brush. I returned it the next day!

I've tried so many so called waterproof gel liners and by far (hands down) the Jet Set is my favorite liner. I get a lot of brides as clients and waterproof and smudgeproof liners are REALLY critical. Once it's on the eyelids, it doesn't flake off or transfer to the lower lids and I love this brand for that. I haven't found anything even remotely close when it comes to staying power. But… I have had it for about 6 months now and have gone through more than half (a little goes a long way) but I have noticed that it's getting dry. And harder to apply… I do wish Jet Set had the consistency of MAC Fluidline and Inglot Gel Liners but none of those are waterproof/smudgeproof!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I don't understand why this has such low ratings. I can understand that this liner is much less creamier than most, but it has its advantages. First, let me mention all the cream/gel liners that I have tried. MAC , Bobbi Brown, Maybelline, L'Oreal, Physicians Formula, E.L.F, Femme Couture, Tarte, MUFE, Stila, and BeneFit. Smashbox is the top on my list as far as lasting power. The deal breaker for me is that this liner did not transfer at all on my top lids. That's the problem I've always had with most liners. Smashbox's Jet Set Waterproof liner is super black, and I love it. It's my no brainer go to liner that I can always trust won't fail on me. If you have troubles with smudging, transfer, or running, this is the one for you.

This is my first gel/cream liner and i love it ... of coarse i don't have another brand to compare to it to. But as it is i really like it. It doesn't smudge on me and i use it on the waterline since it's waterproof and it stays a lot longer then my kohl pencil in smolder from mac. I wouldn't say it lasts all day but i'd say about 4 or 5 hours on my waterline! Which is the main reason i like it so much ... i have had this for about 4 months and i see no signs of drying out ... I will update this when or if it does. I will try a different brand once this is gone like MAC blacktrack or Bobbi Browns gel liner, just to try others. If they don;t work i'll for sure go back to this one.

I love this stuff. I've been using this on my upper lash line for quite a while now. I find that gel eyeliner is way easier for me to use than liquid liner, and it goes on much smoother than pencils. I recently let my mom try this too, and she loved it. She usually uses pencils, but always complains about them smudging all over the place, but she didn't have a problem with this. The staying power is great, and I love how black it is. Even though it is marketed as "waterproof," I don't know if I would actually wear it when I'm swimming. I usually just don't wear makeup when I swim because I get so paranoid about my makeup running anyways. For daily wear, I think this works very well. I would buy this again, but I have also been wanting to try the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners, so I might try that one first to see which one I like better.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this at ulta around september and ive been using it everyday ever since. it really is a miricle product! its so easy to use, i can apply it to both eyes in under a minute with the angled brush and it looks so flawless. i would recomend this to anyone! it stays on the whole day and donest smudge. AT ALL :)

on 10/16/2010 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is horrible, it dries out way to fast. When it is new it works really well and stays on forever, and is very dark (black), but like others have said after using it a couple of times it dries out and is useless. It is not due to improper storage or not tightening the cap, it is just a bad product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This product worked wonderfully at first and stayed put. The black was also very dark. However, just after a few uses, it dried out completely and was unusable! Recommend Maybelline's gel eyeliner thats the same exact pot size but is wayy cheaper and does not dry out at all