Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

Filtered by skin type : Other
Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

3.2

on 9/25/2009 11:05:00 PM

I just purchased this liner yesterday in midnight black, so I've only used it once. So far, this liner is the best I've tried! I'ved tried everything from MAC's fluidline/technakohl/kohl liners, Urban Decay's 24/7, Bourjois contour clubbing, and so many drugstore brands. Everything would smear/smudge on me within 2 hours. I have a long day - no time to touch up or pay attention to my makeup to see if it's smeared. It's no fun looking in the mirror on your lunch break and seeing raccoon eyes!! When I first applied this liner, I could tell the formula was way different than any liner I've tried. It's not as creamy as the fluidline, but definitely is as intense. In my opinion, the creamier the liner, the less staying power it has. But, there are some negative things, too. This liner cost me about $23 at Ulta. The container is smaller than fluidline or L'Oreal HIP cream liners. But, considering you don't need to use a lot, it will last a while. You also need to apply this with a brush, so it take a little more time to apply this than pencil liners, which may not be the best if you rush around in the mornings. Overall, I love this liner! I will definitely repurchase, as well as buy more in different colors! This product definitely will allow me to check out other products from Smashbox, since the quality seems to be much better than MAC's. Highly recommend!

on 10/4/2007 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been on a crusade to find a black eyeliner to use on the inside rims of my eyes. Until recently I've used Revlon's color-stay black eyeliner religiously. I thought I loved it until I tried Smashbox's Jet Set liner in black. This stuff is fabulous. I apply it with Smashbox's angled eye liner brush. It goes on perfectly every time. I can make the line as thin or as thick as I want. Plus, it really stays on the inside rims of my eyes for hours and hours. By the end of the workday, it has come off a little bit so I reapply it before going out which is much much better than any other product I've tried. Even though the pot of eyeliner looks small, it will last forever and ever which makes it worth the $22 it costs.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

First of all I'd like to say that I absolutely love the idea of a gel eyeliner that dries like the results of a pencil eyeliner. The benefits of both liquid and pencil eyeliner! :D I first tried MAC's fluidline but it didn't stay put. Although it was very easy to apply, very smooth. So I decided to try Smashbox's jet set waterproof eyeliner I like it the only downside is that its not as smooth as mac I find myself having to wet and re-wet my eyeliner brush to get the liner on my eyes :(. oh well I'd deff. buy it it again but maybe i'll try stila's smudge pots first

on 5/14/2008 9:28:00 AM

I bought this a couple of weeks ago. So far, I really like it. It stays on my waterline pretty good. It kind of fades a little on the inner and outer corner, but so does every other liner I've always used. If I line the upper and lower rim, it holds up better. I'll probably repurchase, unless I find something I like better. This little pot should last a while.---UPDATE 6/27/08---I'm dropping the rating. It irritates my eyes too much, and doesn't last any longer than my other gel/cream liners.

Went on like messy ink. Did not look remotely nice. My eyes looked horrible. I've already returned the liner and the liner brush - an expensive duo.

on 4/21/2012 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this stuff thinking that it would be a good one. It sucked! I got raccoon eyes only after like an hour or so. I had to keep looking in the mirror to make sure i didn't look scary! I wouldn't buy it again. It was really hard to apply and was kinda of cakey. You have to drag your brush a few times to get enough liner on your brush. I returned it the next day!