Fresh Cannabis Santal

Fresh Cannabis Santal

on 3/21/2018 8:51:00 PM

This is my favorite fragrance of all time. Ever. In life. In all of history. I always get a million compliments. I go through it SO quickly that I try to only save it for special occasions, but that never happens. The fragrance is so unique that I can’t even explain it. It’s definitely earthy, sandalwoody, and more of a masculine smell. Definitely a fragrance that’s great for women and men.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Love this!

I get so many compliments when I wear this - it's so sexy and deep and different. And no, it doesn't smell like pot at all. It's heavy on the patchouli but sharp and a bit sweet. I wear this year-round and it's definitely best when applied directly to skin. Lasts all evening.

You want something hot and complex and not that super fruity nonsense that most perfumes are? Give this a shot.

on 10/28/2015 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

When this first came out years ago, I wore it constantly (used half my bottle and then gave it away to my younger cousin). Fruity, very vanilla sweet gourmand patchouli wood on my skin chemistry. I got a lot of compliments, but I just tired of it. I do remember enormous sillage (I am a dabber and avoid sillage).

On me, the patchouli is not evocative of cannabis or anything dark or rooty but contributed to the gourmand effect. I wear a lot of men's cologne and don't consider this very masculine. In fact, I think many men would find this overly sweet to wear themselves.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm female, but this was the Fresh fragrance that appealed to me most. It's woody, earthy, and spicy (exactly the kind of scent I'm drawn to), but it definitely can also be worn by a woman. I imagine a plain white collared shirt, blue jeans, and cowboy boots to match -- a little bit disheveled, but classic.

I had sprayed this on myself and a test paper while in boutique in Savannah. Didn't buy it because the price seemed steep at the time. However, after I came home I kept getting drawn to the smell, and I've then gotten samples of it at my local Sephora. Again I resisted buying it. Finally I could resist no further and decided to splurge on the small 30mL bottle. I really do love this smell. It's deep, warm, spicy, sensual. I guess it could be unisex. I'm drawn to sensual warm spicy scents. My signature scent is Allure Sensuelle by Chanel. I've worn gone through 1 bottle Flowerbomb (haven't repurchased, and won't because it's too strong), 1 bottle Bvlgari Omnia (loved this one, will probably repurchase). I would give this a 5 star for the scent, but only 3 for lasting power. The dry down is really lovely and sexy, but I just wish this would last longer. I would probably repurchase again. I wish it came in a rollerball so I could carry it to reapply at work. I may end up bringing my bottle to work because it smells so nice!

on 1/30/2014 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I LOVE (love, love, love) this fragrance. It is definitely in my top three favorite scents of all time.

Since fragrance is so personal, I'll start with the fact that I err on the side of scents that are more masculine. I really dislike anything floral - spicy, citrusy, and musky fragrances are my favorites (my top fragrance right now is Bottega Venetta's signature scent, to give you a sense of what I like).

Therefore, this scent is absolutely perfect. I've seen it marketed as a men's cologne, which I found a bit surprising. I definitely see it as more of a unisex scent. It's dark, musky, and sexy, but it isn't overpowering at all - it's light enough so that you could definitely get away with wearing it during the day, which I appreciate. Its one flaw would probably be its staying power - you're going to have to reapply, if you want a day-long scent.

Other than that, it is wonderful. It interacts really well with your warm skin and becomes SO much more complex when you put it on (this is actually a scent I'd recommend applying directly to the skin, not spraying on your clothes or in your hair, because of this). I've had friends comment that they love whatever fragrance I'm wearing, but then turn around and dislike it when they smell it directly from the bottle--it's definitely one to test out in the store on your wrist and walk around for a bit with it. The top notes are quite musky, but the dry-down is sweetly spicy. It had my boyfriend following me around like a puppy.

This is by far my favorite of Fresh's scents (and I never thought anything would top my beloved Sugar Lemon!). It's typical simple, but lovely Fresh packaging - my one gripe with most of their fragrances is that the cap tends to slip off easily when traveling, but that's not a huge deal. The bottle is a really lovely shape, actually. While it isn't cheap, it's not expensive for the amount that you get and the fact that it really is a great scent. Highly, highly recommend if you are at all into unisex or masculine scents.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yummmmm! This scent is everything to me right now. It's warm, sweet, and spicy. I don't have a perfumer's nose, but I feel this scent has some notes that are easy to pick up. When it's initially sprayed I can smell the plum and something green -- I'm assuming it's the cannabis. As it dries down it turns more sweet on me - spiced patchouli with a sweet non-animalic musk. Had the boyfriend smell it on me and all he could say was "mmm." It's no surprise he liked it since it's considered a unisex fragrance. Great buy, I just wish the 3.4oz bottle came with a cap.. So weird that they wouldn't include one.

*EDIT*
STILL LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE. The only thing that is annoying is that people occasionally make comments about it. One person said, "Someone smells like men's shaving cream." Can't tell if that's a diss or not..

No words can top how I feel for this fragrance, but not on me but my boyfriend. It's so good ! A perfect unique scent and melts with his natural body chemistry very well. The patchouli note warmly pops up and makes a main appearance after long hours of wear. Oh - yes, it wears long and very well ! It is certainly not inexpensive but worth it. Am getting into the idea of buying him Fresh's Sake too. This is simply wonderful and I hope it will never be discontinued.

on 8/11/2012 3:27:00 PM

I LOVE this perfume!!! It's such a nice, woodsy, mild scent that is never too much. Clearly the people who think it smells like pot have no idea what pot actually smells like. There is absolutely NOTHING about this that smells like weed, and I've smelled plenty in my day. Don't avoid this product because of those erroneous reviews, because you'll really be missing out!! Almost every time I wear this I get compliments. It's the most-used of all of my Fresh perfumes!! :)

on 8/1/2012 9:39:00 AM

I'm also surprised at the negative comments on this. Not only do I get a clean, soapy smell, but the women who sit next to me at work constantly comment how I smell so clean, like soap or fresh laundry. I'm wearing this during these dog days of summer and do not feel it's too much at all. I'm very happy with this perfume! Lasting power is fantastic.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel

Popular Fragrances (for Men)