LUSH Cosmetic Lad

LUSH Cosmetic Lad

3.5

Lavender Honey Water (Lavendula hybrida, Mel, aqua), Linseed Mucilage (Linum usitatissimum), Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Chickweed Extract (Stellaria media), Chamomile Extract (Anthemis nobilis), Marigold Petal (Calendula officinalis) Extract, Cold Pressed Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Wheatgrass Mucilage (Triticum vulgare), Stearic Acid, Glycerine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), African Marigold Oil (Tagetes erecta), Tangerine Oil (Citrus Tangerina), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum album), Triethanolamine, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 3/7/2017 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just got my second pot of this. I have combo, very acne prone skin and I've had some trouble with Lush moisturizers breaking me out in the past, but both this and Celestial have worked great. It's very moisturizing, smells good, doesn't break me out, and just feels very nice and calming on the skin. Love the ingredient list; lavender, honey, linseed, aloe vera, chamomille, marigold - just super calming and soothing stuff!

I don't mind the packaging, and the price is quite reasonable, one of Lush's cheapest moisturizers. Good value for money :)

on 3/1/2017 12:41:00 AM

I received a very small sample of this as part of a Lush gift package I bought for my ex-boyfriend around Christmas (he needed a full-size Kalamazoo and the store I went to only had them in these packages - he had ultra sensitive skin so I knew he'd be really selective about skin products).

After not having a good run with moisturizers (except for Vanishing Cream in an in-store demo), I really wanted to like this (since the price was more my style - VC is $50). I was soon disappointed because the product just sat on my face and didn't soak in for a long time. I didn't layer it on either, considering I wanted to make this super small pot last a bit. The smell was also terrible.

on 2/16/2017 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I didn't really like this moisturizer. It wasn't really "spreadable." It would disappear after once swipe and I would have to use a lot to actually get it across my whole face. It didn't feel hydrating. It didn't make my skin glow after putting it on. I just didn't get the point. It seemed like an unnecessary extra step..

I purchased this for my nephew for a small rash he had on his face. The ingredients helped to soothe his skin enough that he stopped rubbing at it and gave it a chance to heal. His face cleared up wonderfully.

This feels to me like a lighter version of celestial. It smells really good and goes on completely matte and non greasy. Still gave me a couple pimples though, but far from the huge break out of acne celestial gave me. I quite like it, but would prefer to use something that doesn't cause acne at all. Would recommend this for people with normal and maybe combination skin (just remember to take a sample first in case you get pimples from it).

This was just OK for me. I didnt feel it did much for my skin and I didnt really like the smell.

SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT!

I was looking for a good moisturizer for a while and I LOVE LUSH! I own almost every product (discluding make up and perfumes) So naturaly i turned to lush for help. This is so moisturizing for the skin and smells like lavender! And you only need the tiniest dab of it for your whole face or else you will be left with a film. i leave it on over night and i dont use in the morning unless i did a exfoliater, steamer, face mask, toner then my moisturizer! (All from lush) But over all, i DEFINITLY recommend this product!

on 1/8/2016 3:47:00 AM

I received this as a tester when I brought a few other items from Lush, and was originally hesitant to buy it because it was seemingly expensive for how big the jar was. But boy was my initial thought wrong!

This has THE most pleasant smell I've ever come across its hard to explain, kind of orange fruity but sweet and floral at the same time.

The little tiny tester I was given lasted ages because it is a slightly thicker product you don't need much at all. I have since rebrought a full jar and it is lasting well.

It nourishes and moisturises my dry, oily and acne prone skin!

The only slightly negative aspect is the slight filmy feeling you get after use, but I use before bed so it isn't too bad.

on 6/29/2015 8:18:00 PM

I got a sample of this moisturizer. I used about 6 applications and I love this. I went in to pick up my cleanser Let's the Good Time Roll and told the lady there that my moisturizer right now doesn't keep my cheek moist enough, so she gave me the sample. I have to pick this up in full size. This keep my skin moist with out making my t-zone too oily. This also smell very nice. It smell like orange creamsicle. This product is for unisex. Men used this as after shave cream. I am very growing for lush products.

This lotion was recommended to me by a friend who works for Lush. She claimed it would be great for my very acne prone skin. Sadly, and frustratingly enough, it was not.
Firstly, the price, not cheap for the small amount I got, and the packaging makes it really easy to overuse the product very quickly. It comes in one of that black, twist off, Lush jars. You have to scoop it out with your hand, which, if you think about it, is kind of gross.
The description that I was given by the girl who works at Lush was a lot different than the description on the packaging, which stated that this was a sort of “all-in-one” product, which could even be used to shave and style your hair. Needless to say, for someone who is prone to painful cystic acne, that didn’t really sound like something you, should put on your face? But, as usual when I try new products that promise to be a HG product for the skin, I was hopeful…..boy was I wrong/kind of grossed out.
The scent was nice, sort of vanilla/citrus I guess, the consistency was very thick and goopy. Every single time I used it to moisturize, it was so thick that it left a film on my skin. So, as I assume most people do, you wash your face, and then use some toner, and lastly, you moisturize. But it left my face so sticky and gross I almost wanted to swipe some toner on again just to not feel as clogged up as this made my skin feel. You could feel the product just sort of sitting on your skin, it didn’t absorb quickly AT ALL, and for someone with acne, the last thing you need is a thick ultra scented lotion just clogging up your pores.
I will say, it did work well the shave with, which is what I ended up doing with the rest of the product which I refused to put on my face any longer. So that’s the only upside I found, but I would never purchase it again just for that. Don’t believe the hype when it comes to all these Lush products, they have great marketing schemes, but they aren’t even as “natural” as they claim to be, just overpriced.