Derma E Derma E Scar Gel

Derma E Derma E Scar Gel
Derma E Scar Gel

3.5

Water, Onion Bulb Extract, Glycerin, Allantoin, Panthenol, Carbomer 940, Beta-Alanine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Essential Oils

on 4/3/2017 11:06:00 AM

Got this for Christmas 2016. Was really excited to try something specifically for scarring. I have scarring on my lower cheeks from really bad/cystic breakouts last year. I've been using this 1-2 times a day, lately both morning and night, and sometimes I skip but overall i've been using this pretty consistently. It says for "older scars" to use 3-6 months. But I wouldn't say mine are that old, about a year or so. Also, the packaging has been changed from what the picture on here shows. Looks like it's anywhere from $13-15. I still have about a half jar left. I don't really see much of an improvement. I'll use the rest up but will either try msm cream next or just go to a dermatologist. I guess since it's not super expeisnive it's worth a shot, but maybe it really only works for smaller scars or after long time use.

on 12/12/2016 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after reading all the raves from users of this gel. I recently suffered from adult acne and since I have fair skin, all the marks left are very much obvious. I've tried more expensive scar gels in the past but they didn't work or broke me out. I love the scent of this one, with only a hint of fragrance. But it worked really slow and it managed to flatten some scars but the discolorations are still obvious. And when I applied it on my acne-prone areas such as my forehead and chin, it broke me out. I'm still using it as of now so it won't go to waste. But I won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I suuuuuuffer from hyper pigmentation (acne scarring). I'm very pale and am acne-prone and pretty much every spot I get turns into a scar, even if I don't pick at it or pop it. So...with my pale skin and all my scarring even when my skin is clear it still looks like I'm super breaking out and it's just embarrassing. I just want my skin to look clear when it's clear and also not look so aggravated.
I thought this product would be great because Derma E is a brand I tend to trust not only the quality of but the effectiveness of their products, but this product disappointed me. I used up a whole little jar and didn't see much of a difference at all. I know that for scarring you really need to stick with it because they do take a while to lighten up but I should see SOME difference after an entire jar (I applied this product over the necessary areas twice a day, sometimes 3 times).

I enjoyed the smell, it wasn't heavy or very noticeable but it does have a slight, fresh smell. I guess I liked the texture, it's not a cream but a gela very goopy gel. I will say that before I put moisturizer on afterwards my skin felt very sticky (and so did my hands before I washed them). Also, this product didn't break me out and maybe even helped with acne a TEENY TINY ITTY BITTY bit.

Overall I gave this product 2 stars all around because I do like that it's natural and nothing is wrong with the product at all except the only thing that really mattersdidn't work. Maybe if I kept using it I would see some improvement in my scarring but I'm not willing to spend about $20 on a tiny jar that I have to use 2-3 of to get ANY results. I just started using Aubrey Organics 100% Aloe Vera Gel which I hear really consistently helps with acne scarring (and acne) and since that's a completely natural product and wasn't even $10 it's clearly a better option even if it worked the same as the Derma E Gel.

on 2/7/2015 8:40:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this derma e scar gel for slightly over a week now and I can say i'm quite impressed by the results.

I have used this on 3 spots - few weeks old darkened flat pimple scars on my forehead (the size of a coin); a decade old raised white stretchmarks on the back of my upper arms (they resemble zebra stripes except they are raised); a few 6 months old incision, flat reddish scars left from my ELVT surgery (funny how my surgeon promised no scarring)

I noticed this scar gel works better on flat scars, in matter of a few days I already noticed my pimple scars and reddish incision scars fading noticeably by a few shades. In fact one of my incision scars is close to fading off to the point of nothingness.

Definitely, I find my lazy self reaching out for Derma E scar gel more than the other scar removal products (such as vit e oil) and in comparison i'm definitely more inclined and persistent with Derma E as it does not leave an oily film.
However, the tub packaging is a total turn-off. I've read that the anti-oxidants in Derma E scar gel require minimal air contact to keep product fresh. I hope to hurry and finish the product while it is still fresh for optimal results.

Overall, its not a product that will produce miracles. I hope to try out more scar removal products for my raised stretchmarks.
Edit: I like to add that i'm the laziest person alive so I apply this with minimal massage once a day after a shower.

Just an update, it has been quite some time since I wrote the review, but i've noticed the scar gel doesn't work as well as before. Sigh, so now I need to be off for a new HG scar gel

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have used this product twice with no success either time. I applied it daily and rubbed it in for 30 seconds and after over two months of use there is not improvement in a newly formed scar. Product is non-irritating.

on 9/25/2014 11:06:00 AM

I just started using this product two days ago, and having read some inspiring reviews, I really hope it works on my acne scars. I've been dealing with acne since middle school and now deal with nasty scaring. So far I'm please with the product. I will update the review as I use it over time and see/don't see results.

on 7/29/2014 12:22:00 PM

I have been using this product for almost two weeks now. Only once a day at night before I go to bed. I recently just started using this in the morning before I put my make up on. I have some hyper pigmentation from acne scarring. This is a great product for it. This isn't greasy and doesn't leave the skin shiny. I recommend taking the product out with a Q-tip so that there's no cross contamination. Then once you do that apply it to the area then rub in with your fingers. I haven't broken out either and my skin is sensitive to new products. If anything, this product helps my acne stay away.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this product for my face to help diminish dark acne spots from years of breaking out and picking at my skin. I only used it for a week and swear I thought I was already seeing some improvement, but I had to stop because it caused me to break out terribly, especially in my cheek area which is the main area I needed treated. I am going to continue using this on a scar on my leg that I just got from a skin biopsy and see how it works for that since I have this jar that will now last forever. This stuff absorbs into the skin so well, non-sticky, and smells nice. I would recommend anyone to try this out and see how you react. It's an amazing price, much better than Mederma.

*Update- been using about twice a day on the scar on my leg. haven't used it for long but i see absolutely no improvement yet. will keep trying and update in a few weeks.

on 4/1/2013 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This stuff is a miracle worker! I have extremely acne prone skin with horrible hormonal acne. I started using this to get rid of acne scars and it actually cleared my skin up to about 90% clear! My skin hasn't been this clear in over a year! I've been using it for just about a month and my skin is starting to slowly look better, it's not an overnight miracle it definitely takes time. I would highly recommend this product. Compared to Mederma the price is lower and it doesn't have parabens and other nasty chemicals. I use this morning and night. I typically wash my face with a mild cleanser then tone with a mixture of witch hazel and tea tree oil and then in the morning I use clean & clear dual action moisturizer but at night I use acne.org benzoyl peroxide I then wait for 5-10 minutes at the least before I apply the Derma e scar gel so that everything else has been absorbed into my skin. After applying the Derma e scar gel in the morning I wait at least another 5-10 mins before applying my mineral makeup so that it has time to absorb.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Let me begin by saying I first tried Mederma and it made my face itch really bad, I couldn't leave it on without irritating my the skin on my face. Derma E was not irritating and was really pleasant to use.

This isn't a quick scar fix but in the 3 months that I've been using this product I have noticed a difference in my skin's texture and my past acne scars seem to be really smoothing out.