Derma E Derma E Scar Gel

Derma E Derma E Scar Gel
Derma E Scar GelDerma E Scar Gel

3.5

Water, Onion Bulb Extract, Glycerin, Allantoin, Panthenol, Carbomer 940, Beta-Alanine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Essential Oils...................................NEW REFORMULATED INGREDIENTS:Purified Water, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Allium Cepa (Onion) Bulb Extract, Beta-Alanine, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance.

on 6/17/2018 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

The label says Scar Gel but this needs to be relabeled as Holy Grail Healing Moisturizer for sensitive skin/acne-prone/oily skin.

I have searched far and wide with 3 shoe boxes full of abandoned moisturizers because my skin reacts badly from 19 different oils and silicones. My skin loves watermelon seed oil but hates every other oil. I finally settled with this and it's healing up my skin well. Before this Scar Gel, I used to use Cerave in a tub for my moisturizer but I realized that the coconut derivative like ceateryl alcohol was giving me blakheads and more sebaceous filaments. I had to stop that and I noticed a significant change when I started treating this gel as a moisturizer.

It has a pleasant gel like consistency without leaving a sticky residue. It has a fresh cooling effect most likely from the panthenol. My skin feels really calm and soothed everytime I put this on. For my dry skin friends out there, you would need something more moisturizing than this. This gel is mostly composed with humectants (glycerin) and 1 soothing occlusive (allantoin) which is ideal of normal, oily, sensitive and acne-prone types.

I suffer from PIE (post inflammatory erythema) and rolling scars so I need a moisturizer that has soothing actives. This gel has 3 actives that are soothing and healing - panthenol, allantoin (keratolytic effect) and onion extract. If you want to know more, you can always search these ingredients on google then type "skin ncbi" to view academic peer reviewed articles. This is just a nice way to know and understand how these actives work as valid confirmation.

I use this in conjunction with mildly irritating actives like retinoids and AHA to treat my scarring. As well as a monthly 30% Glycolic Peel. My atrophic scarring are significantly better when I use these in combination. Most likely it would take another few months for the texturing to be completely gone but I am very happy with the results. By itself, I doubt that this gel will soften scarring or it would just take a very long time to see results. Combination therapy always yields the best results when it comes to reversing deeper types of damage.

This "moisturizer" could benefit people who suffer from acne and other types of inflammation because the ingredient list are composed of bland and basic ingredients (Aweeeesssomme). While providing 3 soothing actives that won't cause irritation. Highly recommended! Will raise hell if they change the formulation or go back to the original or discontinue it. I just wish it comes in a squeezable tube or pump instead of the damn unsanitary cosmetic jar. That's my only con otherwise HG material here folks!

EDIT: OH this review is for the new formula without the essential oils. (Much better IMHO)

on 5/5/2018 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This did not work for me. No change in color or texture of scar in the least. I have an old & pretty long vertical emergency c-section scar that was reopened a year ago for a fibroid removal. I won't buy this product again.

on 4/3/2017 11:06:00 AM

Got this for Christmas 2016. Was really excited to try something specifically for scarring. I have scarring on my lower cheeks from really bad/cystic breakouts last year. I've been using this 1-2 times a day, lately both morning and night, and sometimes I skip but overall i've been using this pretty consistently. It says for "older scars" to use 3-6 months. But I wouldn't say mine are that old, about a year or so. Also, the packaging has been changed from what the picture on here shows. Looks like it's anywhere from $13-15. I still have about a half jar left. I don't really see much of an improvement. I'll use the rest up but will either try msm cream next or just go to a dermatologist. I guess since it's not super expeisnive it's worth a shot, but maybe it really only works for smaller scars or after long time use.

on 12/12/2016 2:25:00 AM

I bought this after reading all the raves from users of this gel. I recently suffered from adult acne and since I have fair skin, all the marks left are very much obvious. I've tried more expensive scar gels in the past but they didn't work or broke me out. I love the scent of this one, with only a hint of fragrance. But it worked really slow and it managed to flatten some scars but the discolorations are still obvious. And when I applied it on my acne-prone areas such as my forehead and chin, it broke me out. I'm still using it as of now so it won't go to waste. But I won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I suuuuuuffer from hyper pigmentation (acne scarring). I'm very pale and am acne-prone and pretty much every spot I get turns into a scar, even if I don't pick at it or pop it. So...with my pale skin and all my scarring even when my skin is clear it still looks like I'm super breaking out and it's just embarrassing. I just want my skin to look clear when it's clear and also not look so aggravated.
I thought this product would be great because Derma E is a brand I tend to trust not only the quality of but the effectiveness of their products, but this product disappointed me. I used up a whole little jar and didn't see much of a difference at all. I know that for scarring you really need to stick with it because they do take a while to lighten up but I should see SOME difference after an entire jar (I applied this product over the necessary areas twice a day, sometimes 3 times).

I enjoyed the smell, it wasn't heavy or very noticeable but it does have a slight, fresh smell. I guess I liked the texture, it's not a cream but a gel—a very goopy gel. I will say that before I put moisturizer on afterwards my skin felt very sticky (and so did my hands before I washed them). Also, this product didn't break me out and maybe even helped with acne a TEENY TINY ITTY BITTY bit.

Overall I gave this product 2 stars all around because I do like that it's natural and nothing is wrong with the product at all except the only thing that really matters—didn't work. Maybe if I kept using it I would see some improvement in my scarring but I'm not willing to spend about $20 on a tiny jar that I have to use 2-3 of to get ANY results. I just started using Aubrey Organics 100% Aloe Vera Gel which I hear really consistently helps with acne scarring (and acne) and since that's a completely natural product and wasn't even $10 it's clearly a better option even if it worked the same as the Derma E Gel.

on 2/7/2015 8:40:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this derma e scar gel for slightly over a week now and I can say i'm quite impressed by the results.

I have used this on 3 spots - few weeks old darkened flat pimple scars on my forehead (the size of a coin); a decade old raised white stretchmarks on the back of my upper arms (they resemble zebra stripes except they are raised); a few 6 months old incision, flat reddish scars left from my ELVT surgery (funny how my surgeon promised no scarring)

I noticed this scar gel works better on flat scars, in matter of a few days I already noticed my pimple scars and reddish incision scars fading noticeably by a few shades. In fact one of my incision scars is close to fading off to the point of nothingness.

Definitely, I find my lazy self reaching out for Derma E scar gel more than the other scar removal products (such as vit e oil) and in comparison i'm definitely more inclined and persistent with Derma E as it does not leave an oily film.
However, the tub packaging is a total turn-off. I've read that the anti-oxidants in Derma E scar gel require minimal air contact to keep product fresh. I hope to hurry and finish the product while it is still fresh for optimal results.

Overall, its not a product that will produce miracles. I hope to try out more scar removal products for my raised stretchmarks.
Edit: I like to add that i'm the laziest person alive so I apply this with minimal massage once a day after a shower.

Just an update, it has been quite some time since I wrote the review, but i've noticed the scar gel doesn't work as well as before. Sigh, so now I need to be off for a new HG scar gel

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have used this product twice with no success either time. I applied it daily and rubbed it in for 30 seconds and after over two months of use there is not improvement in a newly formed scar. Product is non-irritating.

on 9/25/2014 11:06:00 AM

I just started using this product two days ago, and having read some inspiring reviews, I really hope it works on my acne scars. I've been dealing with acne since middle school and now deal with nasty scaring. So far I'm please with the product. I will update the review as I use it over time and see/don't see results.

on 7/29/2014 12:22:00 PM

I have been using this product for almost two weeks now. Only once a day at night before I go to bed. I recently just started using this in the morning before I put my make up on. I have some hyper pigmentation from acne scarring. This is a great product for it. This isn't greasy and doesn't leave the skin shiny. I recommend taking the product out with a Q-tip so that there's no cross contamination. Then once you do that apply it to the area then rub in with your fingers. I haven't broken out either and my skin is sensitive to new products. If anything, this product helps my acne stay away.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this product for my face to help diminish dark acne spots from years of breaking out and picking at my skin. I only used it for a week and swear I thought I was already seeing some improvement, but I had to stop because it caused me to break out terribly, especially in my cheek area which is the main area I needed treated. I am going to continue using this on a scar on my leg that I just got from a skin biopsy and see how it works for that since I have this jar that will now last forever. This stuff absorbs into the skin so well, non-sticky, and smells nice. I would recommend anyone to try this out and see how you react. It's an amazing price, much better than Mederma.

*Update- been using about twice a day on the scar on my leg. haven't used it for long but i see absolutely no improvement yet. will keep trying and update in a few weeks.