Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.7

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 11/29/2016 3:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very good facial mask, I was really impressed at the overall outcome of this product. Although I was a bit upset about all the talk I heard about the feeling that it gives your face as it works, I have yet to feel it tingle at all, I guess that's because I don't have too much bacteria in my skin, but the coolness of it was really nice. I had no problems mixing it with the raw vinegar, it mixed very well, but don't use too much of the clay because it will swell up on you and you'll have way too much to work it. But my face was so soft, nice and smooth afterwards, I would use this product at least 2-3 times a week, but where I live it is very hard to find. The price is very cheap, I once bought it for about $7, but haven't found it since then for that amount, now it's a bit pricey. My experience was great, I applied it and left it on for about 20-25 minutes until it was dry and then rinsed it off, which took a little time, but it was worth it. If I had to and I am going to purchase this again and this time get the larger one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have acne prone sensitive skin that is dry in some places & oily in others. I was somewhat apprehensive to try this clay because of the reviews citing the drying, pulsing & tightening effects that some reviewers felt. However overall the reviews were so positive & the product so cheap I decided to give it a try with a twist tailored to my skin issues. I used the clay but added 100% aloe vera juice & Bragg's ACV in a ratio of 1:3, 5 drops of tea tree oil, & 1/4 of an avocado. I left this on for abt 30 mins. With this mixture I avoided the pulsating & drying effects of the clay. When I removed the mask my skin was glowing with no redness or irritation. After removal I put a blend of rice bran & jojoba oils on my skin.

Next I'll try adding eggs whites as well. There are many other clay recipes tailored to specific skin types online. HTH.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I can't really say that this did anything for my facial skin, because I didn't really use it on my face enough to say it made a difference. But, this stuff is great for rashes and bug bites. I occasionally get heat rash and rashes from wearing costume jewelry on my neck and chest.
My body skin seems to be more sensitive than my facial skin, and any non- precious metal is liable to break me out. I've tried hydrocortisone, benadryl,, anti- bacterial cream to clear up the rashes. My allergy issues are pretty bad anyway, so I already take a daily dose of claritin, and it would take forever for the rashes to clear up. But, one day while putting the clay mask on my face, I put it on my neck too. And bam, the rash cleared up/ dried up in like an hour. I then started putting the clay on the reoccurring rashes, and every time the clay would clear them up with just one mask application. I've used it on insect bites too, and it works at "drying" them up and making them not itchy. I'll always keep this clay around because it really works.

on 11/13/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I was given a sample of this a little while ago. It was truly a great mask, rejuvenated my face. You can really feel it working, I literally felt it throbbing! I will definitely be purchasing this again.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm not sure how I came across reviews for this product but I'm glad I did. I have battled blemished, hyper pigmentation, clogged pores etc.... for years so I'm always looking for ANYTHING to help my complexion.

After reading most of the reviews (while at work) I had to leave immediately and buy it. I found it at Vitamin Shoppe (or Vitamin Plus) for $5.99. Also bought the Bragg's ACV which I was a little.....unsure.....about......cause of the smell and wasn't sold on putting this on my face. But, I trust you guys and I did it. OMG! As many other have said it looks like stone when applied and dries almost as hard as stone. The ACV wasn't a turn off as I first thought. The 'sensation' takes a little getting use to and the second night I had to wash it off because it was to much. Anyway, I left it on for about 45 minutes. You sortof have to 'break through' the stone to wash it off but it's not really hard to remove. My skin was so soft. The next day my boss noticed a difference. (yeah, I'm bragging)

This stuff is amazing. I have no acne. My face is smooth. I do not have to blot as often during the day, maybe twice.

Guys if you have battled with skin issues give this a try. I will NEVER be without a tub of this miracle in a jar.

UPDATE: Today, I, YellowroseofTexas, got another compliment. A lady and I were talking and she said something about us being the same age (she's 32). I told her no, I'm 45. Ladies she said "oh, I thought you were much younger because your skin looks so "soft". I owe it to this product. I have battled with my skin for years and for me to get a compliment is amazing. Also, after using this my skin glows and looks so much 'fresher'.

continued >>

on 8/2/2007 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I would disagree with the reviewer below. While in GENERAL, clay masks aren't that great for dry skin, this mask is INCREDIBLY customizable. So one can add vitamin E, glycerin, or other beneficial ingredients to suit your needs. I've used it twice, once with ACV, Vit E and Glycerin, and the other time with just ACV and Vit C. With the first use, the mask wasn't ad drawing or pulsating as I'd expected based on the reviews, but it did help to bring a few issues to the surface, which i think is what a mask is supposed to do. The second time was Pulse city. I left it on to dry completely, and wore it for a total of about 1.5 hours. It was pulsating the whole time once it dried, and my skin was really taught. Even though i have pretty dry skin, i like this mask a lot. And i can always make it more hydrating that plain clay alone, and add more goodies to boot..