Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.5

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 6/8/2017 2:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not good not bad

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Such an amazing mask! I've had great results using this. My skin is left so smooth & soft, the next day my face is looking healthy & glowy too (: This mask brings any clogged pores to a head & they heal so much faster! I use 1 tsp braggs apple cider vinegar with 2 tsp water and 1tbs powder. I leave it on for 45min then rinse off with warm water and apply moisturizer. I do this once a week.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

THE BEST MASK EVER! Let me give you some background on my skin. I was on a course of antibiotics and another medication for personal health reasons for about 8 months. I had no idea it would destroy my gut flora (good bacteria). Man I had the worst breakout in my life! Deep painful cystic pimples, blackheads, whiteheads. I stopped the medications. For a year I tried different things to get rid of my acne. Nothing helped my skin until I started taking probiotics to repopulate my stomach with good bacteria to get my hormones in check. A month later I started using this mask and OMG it has helped so much!! It brought clogged pores to the surface. I started off doing it twice a week but cut back to once a week because it dries your skin out. Just apply moisturizer afterwards. I mix one tablespoon of the powder with one tabelspoon braggs acv, adding more or less of each to get the right consistency. Make sure to use a plastic spoon and bowl. I leave it on for 45 min then wash off with warm water. My skin is left smooth and soft. It's been about a month using the mask. I don't breakout anymore just the clogged pores coming out. I still have acne marks and hyperpigmetaion but I'm fine with that. I'm so happy I cured my acne naturally! No need for accutane, birth control, proactiv etc (: I found my holy grail mask!! Totally recommend it and probiotics if you're dealing with digestive, hormonal acne.

on 11/29/2016 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Mixed with ACV, this is probably the best mask ever made!!! It's VERY VERY GOOD with cleaning pores, especially removing blackheads in the nose and cheek area. After using this, my skin looks clearer and less "red" and blotchy.

The clay is so flexible that you can use it in a lot of recipes that can cater to your own skin condition. My base recipe is 1 tsp Aztec clay + 1 tsp. Bragg ACV, leave on for 30-45 mins

I used to add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with the base recipe, this made the mask smell better, but it did not seem to help with the zits.

Current favorite recipe: 1 tsp Aztec clay + 1 tsp Bragg ACV + 2 drops raw honey. Adding honey made the mask easier to wash out, it does not "completely" dry up, makes the mask smell better, and it leaves a very thin layer of moisture making my skin really soft.

Sometimes, I'll use a sheet mask after (chilled in the ref) for added moisture. Sometimes I'll skip the sheet mask and spot treat my acne with BP (2.5%), which will cause the zits to sting a little bit but it heals faster.

I use this weekly, and if I don't my skin will look duller. I've finished a whole tub of this. A WHOLE TUB!!! and I bought two tubs after, which I'm confident that I'll use to the last gram. Good thing that the product does not expire (I think)..

The only down side I see is that it clogs the drain in my bathroom sink. So I have to use the kitchen sink OR pour hot water on the bathroom sink after washing the clay from my face to avoid clogging the drain. But overall, I love this! And I will probably be using this continuously.

HOLY GRAIL STATUS!!! <3 <3 <3

on 9/23/2016 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Let's start with what this mask isn't; it's not a pamper mask, something to throw on when you want to have a relaxing time. It's not something you should put on if you want to snack on something while wearing the mask . Lastly, it's probably not a mask you should start your day with, or do right before you're planning to be out the door. Why? Because chances are you will look a little bit like a red panda when it washes off.

I will admit that the name of the product pared with the claim to be the "world's most powerful facial" made me want to roll my eyes at this product while reluctantly feeling intrigued by it. The slogan for the product is "feel your face pulsate", and the first two or three times I used it, I really did experience that! It was a little concerning and a lot cool. For some reason I didn't get such a reaction to it after the first few times (could my skin have gotten used to it?), but it still gets my blood pumping like nothing I've ever put on my face before. The first time I washed it off I was worried about the redness, thinking it was a bad reaction or signs of my skin being irritated. But the clear difference between my normally pale white skin on the areas where I hadn't put any mask and the areas that had been covered by the mask made me realise that wow, that's the blood circulation kicking in full force! Hence the panda look with pale skin around my eyes, and red all over the rest of the face. For this reason I like to do this mask in the evening. Turns out the red pandas pull off the look better than I do. I also like to do it before I hit the shower, since it can be a bit tricky to remove. By letting warm water and steam soften up the mask a bit you don't have to rub quite so hard to remove it.

In the beginning I just mixed the powder with water (rather than water + vinegar like the instruction suggests), and I found it hard to mix it into an even paste. There were clumps that I couldn't get to mix with the water that would sit weirdly on the skin when applied to the face. The first time I used a mix between water and apple cider vinegar I had to laugh at myself for trying all these different utensils and techniques in order to defeat those lumps - add a little vinegar and you'll have a chemical reaction (ish? Not a chemist!), some foaming going on and then you have a completely smooth and almost mousse like paste that easily spreads on the skin. I like to use a brush to apply the mask, more specifically a flat foundation brush from ecotools that I never use for its intended purpose anyway. Whatever you use, remember to not use any metal utensils as that alters the clay and makes it less effective.

After I've used this mask I like to put the most soothing face products I have on my face. I've never woken up with skin that is still red, and while I can't tell if it's thanks to that extra care, I figure it can't hurt either way.

I use this mask quite sparingly, and somewhat irregularly. I use it when my skin feels troubled, when I get these "not quite acne but surely something" type of stubborn bumps around my chin area, when my skin is going through some type of change, or when it's just breakout city. And somehow this just solves a lot of those problems! It's like your skin go through a deep cleanse with this mask, but without an awful purging phase where it has to get worse before it gets better. The first few times I used this I wasn't all that impressed with the results, especially after hearing all the rave about this product. It took me a while to get what the fuss was all about, but then it hit me; I think this mask's brilliance is just a lot more subtle than what I'm used to. It's not one of those flashy products that give you all these spectacular, eye-catching but temporary perks. It might not brighten and tighten (though physically it does, damn it feels tight when it's dried!) and color correct and a thousand different things - but it works on the basics. Getting impurities out and helping the skin out by increasing the blood circulation.

Personally I wouldn't use it more than two times a week, possibly just once a week. And if you have sensitive skin, I'd be careful with this to begin with. I do think it could work even on sensitive skin, but maybe be careful with the amount of vinegar you mix it with (could be a good idea to start out with more water than vinegar), try it out on the inside of your arm before your face and see how your skin reacts, do a thin layer the first time, don't leave it on for longer than 10 minutes etc. Just test the waters a bit.

+ Cruelty free
+ No weird, nasty chemicals or long ingredient lists - it's just clay
+ It says that it'll last you for 15 masks, which is just ridiculous. It'll last you way, WAY longer than that! I must've used it 15 times by now, and I accidentally make too large of a batch every single time, and I've not even gone through a third of the tub. Hence:
+ A really affordable product
+ It won't go bad anytime soon, since it's a dry powder product
+ Shortens the time it takes to heal out my hormonal or stress-related breakouts
+ Can be used for treating individual spots or specifically acne prone areas! Whenever I get these painful, almost cystic type of acne I like to mix a little powder and water in the palm of my hand and apply directly onto the area. The next day I can see a clear improvement and the time it takes to heal out is significantly shorter.
+ Can easily be tweaked to fit your skin's need. Apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, tumeric, tea tree oil, rose water.. The list goes on.

- Takes a little work to remove - you must let it soften with warm water before you can attempt to remove it
- I'm reaching here, but I guess it's a little bit painful when it's dried and it pulls your skin tight as f***

on 9/9/2016 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this package off of amazon for around 7 dollars for a large jar. It is a green powder that you mix with liquid of your choice to make a mask. Here is my favorite recipe:

I mix one tablespoon of aztec with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a half a teaspoon of tumeric. If I happen to have acne I add in either a drop of tea tree oil or toner. You could also mix in rose water.

It foams up and you paint it on your face. The smell is not totally terrible but apple cider vinegar is strong. It will tighten ALOT as it dries. To the point where the mask cracks and you can't talk without moving your face.If you dont like that feeling I suggest moving your face a lot while it is setting so it cant lock in place. Sometimes it is extra strong and I can feel it pulsating (for me personally I take that as a sign it is working!) I leave it on until it is totally dry (usually a half an hour). Then I apply warm water to my face and let it loosen up the mask. DO NOT TRY TO WASH IT OFF WITHOUT SOFTENING IT WITH WATER FIRST! And do not peel it off. ouch ouch ouch. Then I wash it off. HERE'S the deal... I am fair skinned. I do not dilute the mix with water. After removing the mask, my face is as red as a tomato for at least an hour.

I try to do this mask once a week before bed. When I wake up my skin just looks and feels better. If used regularly it really does diminish dark spots, however, they do appear again after discontinuing. This mask is really really good. And amazing for the price. I dont find it too harsh (breaking capillaries or drying out my skin excessively.

If you have the opportunity to try this mask I highly recommend it. I did see some reviews on amazon where it seems to have bad reviews with some people. If you are worried, definitely spot check first.

on 7/12/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Must buy. I have sensitive skin. I usually tend to break out if i use masks that aren't homemade natural ones (love them) or sanctuary's masks... apart from those... nothing suits.

This is a hidden gem of a product. It is pure bentonite clay... a natural product. It comes in a big plastic tub in powder form.

My skin feels smoother, pores feel/look smaller, face doesn't get oily anymore, and old acne marks have faded.

This product had to be used in non-metal containers/non metal spoons etc too. I use a brush to apply evenly. The product has to be mixed in equal measures with apple cider vinegar (recommended) or water. When mixed with just water it can remain lumpy and when mixed with acv it is smooth. I have sensitive skin and noticed after using once that it left my skin a little dry so i add a few extras to my mask mix. I add a few drops of either almond or coconut oil, i also add a spoon of natural yogurt and i always use acv.
I apply a thick layer of the mask and leave it on for a min of 20 min - 45 mins. I use it once or twice a week in the evening.
Once applied the mask will begin to feel tight on your face, then you have to try and get past the 'itchy' stage which can last 5 mins lol! Get passed this and you'll then start to feel your face pulsate lol! When it starts to dry it can crack but again this is normal. Also the pulsating sensation feels strange but it's worth it for the results.
Washing off can be tough but i've finally found a way to wash it off without blocking drains or ruining washcloths etc!! I basically peel off the cracked mask from my nose area (this removed blackheads too.. i know.. great right! I also use on just my nose sometimes) and then i splash and ensure my face is throughly wet/the mask is wet and soft again. I then begin to use a cotton wool pad that i keep washing to wet an area whilst wiping away. This washes the mask away cleanly, without big bits blocking drains and without my skin being sore from rubbing it off.
The mask can leave face red for a few minutes after but that's natural as it's been busy pulling dirt from the pores. Once face has been washed etc I moisurise with aloe vera gel all over.

This mask can also be used for blackheads as mentioned above. It can also be used in a bath to remove toxins and leave skin soft (mixes fine.. no lumps). It can also be used on hair.. takes far too long to wash out though. If i feel i have a spot coming.. i use this on just the spot at night and by morning it goes. As i said... I add oil to the powder and apple cider vinegar as i don't want my face to dry out etc... sure it'll be fine to use without oil.

Also a heads up.. Bear in mind i'm talking from my experience from using the product... the first time i used this i broke out in a few bumps, this is due to the fact the mask pulls out the dirt from your pores etc. After this i have been fine. Also as i've said above... if i feel like i'm going to break out and feel a bump i dab/apply the mask on to the spot(s) for about 20 mins then wash off and by morning the spot thankfully doesn't appear and if the spot does appear then this helps it.

Price.. It can be bought for a good price on amazon. A tub lasts a very long time. Packaging is ok.. basic and explains the mask's instructions etc.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I recommend using aloe vera gel to mix with this clay if you dont want to use apple cider vinegar. The aloe vera gel also keeps the mixture smooth, unlike with water which doesnt allow it to spread well and turns clumpy. Even though I do not use this mask much anymore (I did this mask once a week), I used to mix it with aloe vera gel, ground oatmeal, and turmeric (these ingredients have lots of benefits such as helping inflammation and scarring, and is overall great for your skin). Also I stopped mixing the clay with apple cider vinegar because it gave me cystic pimples on my chin and also on my nose (which you could barely see, it just felt like I had a bruised nose. I was possibly just purging but I definitely do not have the patience to go through that.) Even though the mask felt really good with my mixture of aloe, oatmeal, and turmeric, it gave me rough patches on each side of my nose which did not go away for a month. I have stopped using the clay mask for my face because it was just too strong and did not really get rid of my blackheads either, just dried me out. I use this clay mostly for spot treatments and armpit detoxes now. (for the armpit detox, i mix this clay with apple cider and apply it to my armpits, this helps pull out all the toxins that are from deodorants. This probably sounds weird but search "armpit detox" on youtube for more info!)

on 10/26/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

This stuff is absolutely amazing! I have never used any other acne product that works so quickly, so well, and is so affordable! Anyone who's struggled with acne knows you can spend a ton of money looking for something that works. If you're wondering whether or not to try this-- do yourself a favor and do it! 9 times out of 10 I would say it lives up to the hype. When I first started using this, I used it every night and it worked so quickly to dry up any blemishes and cystic acne I had. I noticed a difference after 1 use! As I continued to use it, my skin improved and I no longer needed to use it everyday. Sometimes when my skin is acting up I apply a thin layer on blemishes and leave on overnight. This leaves your skin soft but make sure to moisturize well as it could be drying. I use it with Braggs Apple cider vinegar and it works great. Someone on the sensitive side might wanna try using it with just water or a little bit of ACV diluted with water. This stuff is definitely worth a try. Whenever I use up the jar (it lasts a long time..I've been using the same har for 6 months and have barely made a dent in it) I will be repurchasing!

on 9/27/2015 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is pretty darn awesome. I found it a couple years ago cruising through amazon and decided to give it a try because it had hundreds upon hundreds of rave reviews. It was so cheap, I felt like I'd be crazy not to give it a shot. I had my mom pick me up a tub from Whole Foods and I'm so glad.

I've used it with water, lemon juice and ACV and the lemon juice is my favorite. It's the most effective/pleasant way I find. I suggest using the latter two no matter what though, the acidic properties dissolve the powder and make it a creamy, almost whipped like texture, where as the water leaves it kind of clumpy and not as fun to use. It's like a vacuum and you can feel it working. If you like Queen Helen's, throw that crap away and use this, it puts it to absolute shame. This stuff is the real deal I tell you and you get so much product for your money. I originally got the smaller tub and used it all between me and my friends. I got the big tub the second time and still have plenty and I've had it for well over a year now. I even gave a generous sample to my mother-in-law.

I suggest using it before you take a shower because once it dries, it is like concrete. I also don't recommend using it very often because it is a hard core mask. It sucks everything out of your skin. I only use it when I know I'm in need of some serious purging. Which is today actually and why I decided to review it.

On a final note, I will say that it doesn't remove all of the clogs in my nose area, but I'm one of those people who unfortunately have ridiculous nose pores that never come completely clean. I cannot expect any product to completely rid me of this problem, so I don't deduct it from the rating, but it's just heads up. If you have hellish nose pores, don't expect the heavens to open up with this product. Regardless, it does a helluva good job at purging the skin.