Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by hair type : Other
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 11/4/2017 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a nice mask: cheap and effective! I wouldn't repurchase because I literally do not think I will ever finish this tub. I mix this with equal parts powder and apple cider vinegar (smells horrid) but this dries quickly to the point where my face won't move. I scrub this off with a washcloth and my skin is left smooth and squeaky clean, as well as donning what looks like a fresh sunburn. I don't think this really DEEP cleans the pores (nothing will touch the ones on my nose) but my skin does feel nice and smooth afterwards. My skin has stayed relatively clear, but I'm not sure I can attribute that entirely to the mask but more so to the creams and serums I apply afterwards. I think this is too harsh to use daily, so I normally try and use it twice a week or so. Overall, a good buy for a good price.

on 6/8/2017 2:04:00 PM

Everyone raves about this product but I don't see the reason to by this somewhat expensive clay. I made the mask but afterward, my face felt splotchy and red and stiff. A few days later my face felt fine and my acne substained, I just could not give any more stars than what I have given just because of what happened afterward.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As someone with congested, sensitive skin, this clay mask has been a wonderful occasional revival treatment for me. I don't get a lot of breakouts, but my cheeks and chin are prone to small clogged pores while the sebaceous filaments on my nose sometimes feel rough and appear raised. I feel so lucky that local health stores carry something dirt-cheap and reliably effective!

I have been using this product whenever my skin needs some serious cleansing(about once a month, sometimes longer) and it has worked wonders. I don't know if my skin could handle using it more often than every week or so, but when I do get the chance to slather this on, I'm always excited for the smooth, glowing skin the mask leaves behind. It is a beautiful thing.

In case anyone is looking to use this for the first time, a helpful tip is to use a warm, very wet paper towel or washcloth and press it against your face to loosen the hardened clay before attempting to rinse clean. It isn't easy to just splash this stuff away once you've let it firm up for fifteen to twenty minutes and any harsh scrubbing might just end up doing more harm than good.

I highly recommend using apple cider vinegar to neutralize the pH and avoiding plain water. In my experience, the clay powder just mixes unevenly and doesn't have the same toning, texture-refining qualities. If you want to get the most out of this little gem, you'll have to find a non-metal utensil due to metal causing this clay to lose the negative charge that makes it so powerful. It actually sucks the positive-charged toxins from your complexion, leaving you feeling thoroughly detoxified.

I'll repurchase this whenever I run out, but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon with the hefty tub six bucks can get you!

on 6/26/2016 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

So I have been using this around two years now. I love it it's great and does exactly what it says on the tin. Completely clean skin although i find it does dry the skin quite a bit and is a little harsh so now I'm having a break from it for a while and will probably order again soon.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This mask is crazy effective, lasts forever, and costs almost nothing - all of which make it one of my favorite masks of all time. I bought it on the recommendation of my BFF who is a skin care freak and was not disappointed. It's a green powder that you can mix with any liquid of your choice to make the actual mask; I have tried milk, coconut oil, and water all with great results, but I personally like to mix it with apple cider vinegar for maximum tingling and cleansing. The apple cider vinegar makes a fairly thin mask, so I add more powder than liquid (2:1 or 3:1 ratio) to make a consistency that I like. I let the mask set for 10-15 minutes, then wash off with warm water or a warm wash cloth. The mask mixture has a strong acidic smell with the apple cider vinegar than can be pretty powerful, but it fades as the mixture dries. It fizzes and bubbles as you mix it, and I would recommend mixing it in and with plastic or ceramic bowls/tools so that you don't corrode any metals with the acidic mixture. When the mask is applied it tingles a lot and feels cool, but the tingling fades as the mask dries. It hardens as it dries and makes it a little more difficult to move your face until it's washed off. Once washed off, my skin feels glowy, soft, and exceptionally clean - I feel like my pores are literally sucked clean when it's finished. I cannot recommend this product enough!

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is seriously the cheapest and most effective mask I have ever used! Deep cleaning, pore purging, it helps clear out existing acne including blackheads. My skin can be left a bit red afterwards so I only do this mask in the evening, once a week max. For those who broke out afterwards, this mask purges your pores, so don't be discouraged after trying it once!

I mix two parts clay powder with 1 part apple cider vinegar in a plastic container. First, I wash and gently exfoliate my face. Apply with fingertips and let dry or until you feel a pulsating sensation, which I will be honest, is very strange at first! Wash off with warm water, then apply your toners, essences, serums, and/or moisturiser as usual.

The clay mixed with witch hazel works well for a gentler mask. Water can also be used, but I found it did not break down the clay into the smooth consistency that ACV does.

This mask really helps tighten the skin and bring the dirt from your pores to the surface. They suggest to use it once or twice a week but i see the best results when i use it consecutively, like three days in a row. It really helps control acne and blackheads and acts as a great at home facial. I usually wash my face, use the mask, then use blackhead pore strips, apply a salicylic acne treatment and then my face lotion.

I've mixed it with just water and just apple cider vinegar and can't say i can figure out any difference except that my face will be more red after treatment when using the ACV. I stick to the ACV though because it's what it recommends. My skin can get very dry on its own so sometimes if my skin in particularly dry, i'll add some drops of castor oil or jojoba oil into the mix to get some moisture in there.

Love this product, bought it for my mom and my friend too.

on 8/19/2015 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

IN LOVE with this product. This is my go-to, all-reliable new favourite product.
I have oily, acne-prone skin and this product does everything - I can count on it to shrink pimple size, eliminate the growth of cysts, mattify my face, and improve my skin texture. After I wash it off, my face feels very clean and smooth. Also I am prone to those tiny pimples and congested skin after a long day or improper removal of makeup -- this mask really helps with that.

I recommend using it mixed with apple cider vinegar. Mix in a little bit of water to get a runny consistency (you don't have to but it's easier to apply). It says to leave it on for 10 minutes but honestly I leave it on for like 2 hours +. I have even left it on overnight before and was delighted with the results (my pimples shrink in size significantly!)
What I love about this product is that its claim that it will make your skin "pulsate" is true. However, if you use it everyday it doesn't always have that effect but I guess when you feel the pulsating sensation, you know it's really working.

In conclusion, I cannot recommend this enough if you have acne and even if you just want a weekly mask to decongest your skin - you will not regret this purchase :)

honest to god if i only had $10 to buy one face mask for the ultimate face mask investment i would buy the aztec secret indian clay mask. this really is a secret clay mask. combo oily sometimes i break out. i get lazy to use this even tho it only take a few minutes it has never let me down. it drains my redness too. i use erno lazlo which is a good skin care line but sometimes i still have redness and i always see a noticeable difference after using this. man does it feel like it works it really pulsates the fu$% out of ur face making it feel tight(which i like) all i use mainly is apple cider vinegar a cheap brand and mix it evenly w the benzodite clay. it definately helps keep pore clear and clear and its a tough mother fuc*%er!!! it tights ur face like paralysis (dont let me scare you lol) it is stiff but it works i do not smile so that it does not crack. leave it on 30 minute or so when i feel like it i keep it wet so it doesnt dry out. it is so versatile u can put anything in it and it will still perform. i have tried the julep mint mask but it doesnt really show work like this does. ladies there is a reason this is always almost sold out at the vitamin shoppe it lasts forever . it is out of this world i know that much

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Really like this mask! I tried it awhile ago with water and didn't think it was that great and found it too drying, but recently tried it with apple cider vinegar and it makes a big difference! (I use the braggs organic with the "mother" still in it.)

Been using twice a week. I have quite dry combo skin so i don't let it completely dry(20/25 mins max.) I had such clogged pores due to trying out a chanel foundation and this unblocked them brilliantly on my t-zone after 2 uses!

Keep in mind the first time you use it, it can cause a break out because it is bringing clogged pores to a head(So don't do it before an important event.), the 2nd time you use it this stops, and it also prevents further breakouts.