Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

3.9

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 5/12/2018 2:02:00 AM

I applied this aztec indian healing clay on my face. I mixed it with ACV and rinse it after 25 minutes. It made my face red especially on the left side of my face so I am not continuing it. It's a little bit itchy too. It's not worth the hype. Use it at your own risk.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought a HUGE tub of this off iHerb 4 years ago and I still use it - it's my HG mask. Mixing a fresh batch of clay mask each usage is awesome in my opinion - no extra ingredients needed, no preservatives, completely customisable. This tub will last me another 10 yrs and my daughter will probably use it. I keep it stored in a cool dark place but the screw on lid seems fine. Packaging is plastic and cheap but effective. Not expensive at all! For anyone disliking this, please try it with apple cider vinegar as the liquid. I ran out and mixed it with water and its crap. Somehow the vinegar turns it into a mousse texture and it exfoliates as its sucking all the gunk out of your pores. I have not bought any masks since I bought this as I just don't need to. Mixing your own does cause some wastage because takes time to figure out exactly how much powder to use vs liquid. But it's still uber cost effective! I mix it in a little glass bowl that I keep in the bathroom. It's hard to remove for a clay mask as it can be applied thickly so I hop in the shower to wash off. Do it at the same time as a hair mask! I used to do this weekly but forget a lot of the time now. But when I remember and do it, my pores are so minimised they're almost gone. It's truly magical. Also I used to have oilier skin and it was great. I'm now combo/normal and it's still fine. I have left it on for up to an hour to really feel the sucking feeling but it's recommended to only leave for 15 mins. When you wash it off you'll see red marks as if you took a vacuum cleaner to your face but they go away. The sucking feeling can be addictive to those who really like a product to feel like it is doing something.

Edit: I bought a weird apple cider vinegar with honey in it - not a substitute! Doesn't create a mousse and no sucking feeling! Stick with normal apple cider next time

on 4/4/2016 10:43:00 PM

This was amazing!!

I mixed it with apple cider. Was a bit tingly but my face is so smooth now.

on 4/26/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this mask based on the good reviews here. I was hoping it would help settle down the breakouts on my face I get from time to time but also the horrendous bout of bacne I have been battling for over a month now. Got a massive tub of it from Amazon for less than AU$20 inc shipping (can't remember exactly what I paid). I don't know if it is sold in health shops here in Australia but Amazon was convenient and I think it was sold out on iHerb.
Anyway the first few times I tried it I mixed it with water and the consistency was always a bit weird, like it wouldn't mix properly. It did do a good job of calming down my inflamed skin on my face and my back, drawing large under-skin pimples to the surface and getting rid of the crap that had accumulated in my pores.
However, last night I tried it with ACV (just Skipping Girl brand from the supermarket, nothing fancy) and wow! Results were a million times better. The mixture kind of foams up and spreads really easily. I don't think I got any of that "pulsating" feeling but I left it on my face for about 45 minutes, until it had dried, and washed it off with hot water and a face washer. I left it on my back overnight and washed it off this morning. The skin on my face was a little red but quite clear and the couple of pimples I had had subsided in size and in redness. This morning when I woke up my face looked amazing, like my pores had been vacuumed out. My skin was really even toned with no redness and the pimples were flat and far less inflamed. It did bring a couple of little whiteheads to the surface but I wasn't surprised about this. The pimples on my back are way flatter, much less painful and feel like they are on their way to healing. I plan to use this on my back and on the pimples on my face as a spot treatment until they are all healed.
For the price and the effectiveness this stuff can't be beaten.

on 4/23/2015 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this yesterday for the first time. Ordered from Amazon for less than $10 for a 1lb tub. I suspect this will last months which is awesome.
Do not bother following the directions on the tub, it will not work well. It says to mix 1:1 of the clay to water or apple cider vinegar. You really need more acv because this is dry powder dust and if you want a smooth paste you will need more liquid. I put in a bit of water too just to dilute the acv smell.
It also says to apply 1/4-1/2" layer. Don't!! That's such a waste of the product, plus it does not work as it will take like two hours to dry that way. Who has time for that?!

I mixed it according to the directions and left it on for about 35-40 minutes. Did not notice and pulsating and the mask just was not drying but it was cracking and coming off in chunks though still moist. I peeled off big chunks of it, threw them in the trash, and spread the rest on my face somewhat evenly. Since I had it on already for almost an hour I got impatient and dried my face with a blowdryer. My skin was really tight and weird, but still no pulsating.
After washing it off, which took like 5+ minutes, my face was a bit red but that only lasted for about 10 minutes or so. My pores definitely look smaller and face is smoother.
I plan on using it again today, correctly, as I can tell this is a really good product that actually works if used correctly in a thin layer.
No other mask has worked for me and I have tried many.

I don't have skin issues other than large and clogged pores for which this seems to be perfect. Use a moisturized afterwards as it is very drying.

All in all, great, inexpensive product that I look forward to using regularly.

Tip: This is clay, so do not wash it down the drain in clumps as it will clog up everything.

Update: After using it everyday for a few days now I have figured out better ways to mix and apply. I mix only about a teaspoon to two depending on if I'm using it on my whole face or just areas that need it, like nose and cheeks. A very thin layer is all thats necessary otherwise it won't dry for at least 30 minutes but will still crack. The pulsating happens only when it's super dry and tight on ur face, but I never let it get that far bcs it takes sooooo long to dry.
Pores are cleaner but not significantly smaller or super clean. There is still oil that I can see so I should probably just get a good bha for that. I'm taking away a point because I really don't see why the product is so highly rated by everyone other than it is good for the price and amount you get. I will probably still repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is great. My skin isn't perfectly smooth yet because this mask keeps bringing stuff up to the surface. I love how deep this mask gets. I mix one spoonful of clay with one cap of organic apple cider vinegar. I get a nice smooth consistency that way. I'm amazed by how little I have to use. I leave on for about thirty minutes. I'll definitely buy again once(if I ever) run out.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This mask a little bit drying for my face, so after use aztec mask i use mask sheet pearl or snail essence and in the morning my face look great, my face look glowing not dry or red, firm and smooth. But it didnt bring deep cyst acne to surface,,,

After countinously using this mask i see improvement in my pores, no more whitehead and blackhead.

This is the best mask I have ever tried and the only one I think is necessary.

My skin fluctuates between being normal and combination. A while back, I had a lot of acne and although the worst is over, I still have some mild scarring and issues with some pores. This stuff sucks everything out! It really is INCREDIBLE!

I have to plan ahead though, since I like to keep it on for at least 30 minutes and I find that it itches like crazy if I move my face in the least. So I only put this when I have time to lie down.

I've tried it with ACV. Works great! It is a little harsh that way though so I would advise people with very sensitive skin to take it off sooner. To remove, I do splash my face with warm water until the mask softens, because once it dries it really has a strong grip on your skin and rubbing it off would cause damage.

Lately, I have been mixing it with yogurt. I actually really prefer it this way. It is still really powerful, but it doesn't itch as much when I have it on and there is something soothing about the yogurt that works well with this. Anyway, you have to try it yourself.

Of course, this will not work for everyone. Chronic acne (which I once had) is often caused by something internal, such as an imbalance in the body (hormonal, bacterial, etc.) which needs to be addressed by a practitioner that has experience with balancing/detoxing the body (chinese medicine, ayurvedic medicine, naturopaths, etc.) If the body needs to detox, no cream or mask can stop it from doing so.
But if you have issues with oily skin, clogged pores, blackheads, pimples, you will probably adore this stuff!!!

This clay doesn't smell (it is the ACV that has a really strong smell), it's cheap, it is natural, it lasts forever, you can mix it with different ingredients depending on what your skin needs, and it is one of those rare products that actually does what it claims to do...
PERFECTION!

on 3/29/2011 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this mask. It can do amazing things, but it can also wreak havoc on your face. I use it mostly as a spot treatment when I have a stubborn zit that won't come to the surface. If I use it as a mask, I notice that it makes me have some breakouts. I would suggest that people take it very slowly with this mask! It is a good value at around $8.00 for a container that will last you the rest of your life. I had a blackhead for months that I would not go away, saw a dermatologist and used prescription medication for and nothing would work. I used this as a spot treatment twice and it finally came to the surface. I was thrilled...Wish I had known about it before I spent 20 bucks on a co-pay and 40 bucks for some Finacea from the Dermatologist. I prefer to use my Proactiv mask for usual mask maintenance but every now and then, this could be a life saver. Tread softly with this one, ladies! PS. I hate how everyone always raves about a product the first time they use it...give it some time to see if it's really all that, people. Just sayin'.