Jane Cosmetics Megabites Glossy Gloss

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/25/2002 8:49:00 PM

i got this in Shhhy. EW!! it tastes AWFUL! the only part i like is the color and the part where you put it on. its at an angle for easy application i guess. i woundnt get this flavor again but maybe a different one. good price tho

on 2/11/2004 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this gloss in Chandelier and Paper doll. Chandelier looked liquidy, but I haven't tried it yet. On the other hand, Paper Doll looked good but wouldn't come out of the tube. I thought it was stuck, but soon found out that the gloss was hard like balm. Imagine squeezing hard thick balm out of a tube. Maybe this gloss was a fluke, but still. And there were chunks of glitter in it since it was so dry. I think there was just something wrong with the specific product that I purchased. I would give it a three, but...you don't know how horrible the one I have is. I was looking forward to the pink glitter, too...

EDIT: I tried using this product again, and it wasn't as dry. It got a little creamier. I put on a little but the scent of berries was too strong. Overall, I could take the scent, but that day I really didn't feel like it.

2nd EDIT: I've finally tried chandelier. It's liquidy, but a little two much. It's a little greasy and the glitter feels gritty on my lips. The shine is that of an ordinary lip gloss, and I've got plenty of those. It only lasts about half an hour. Only one more l/s because of Chandelier being an "okay" and "could've been better" gloss.

I really wanted to like these more, because i love the packageing and the color (i have ballerina) is very pretty and looks wonderful on me. But the sad fact is that the glitter is just way to big! It feels like i have chunks of sand on my lips!

The prodcut also seperates in the tube and then smells like a chemical after a long period of time.

I WOULD buy this again, because i have a love hate relationship with it, but in a different color.

on 1/2/2004 10:45:00 PM

I have this in Chandelier, which is clear. I'm not a big fan of fruity scents/tastes so I guess that's why this makes me kind of sick. The glitter is also pretty gritty, it makes me feel like I have sand in my lipgloss. I'm a fan of Jane, not a fan of this.

This is just an ok product. The price is great like all of Jane cosmetics. I bought "ballerina" (Im a ballet dancer...) The color looked beautiful in the tube!!! Now, I had an idea it might not be so great because I read these reviews before buying- but it was just SO tempting cause it looks soooo peeerttyy in the tube! It just doesnt show up like that! The glitter is very gritty too. But I DO like the taste!! (Maybe Im weird!) It reminds me of that liquid bubblegum stuff I used to eat when I was little... I cant remember what that stuff was called!

on 4/29/2002 11:36:00 AM

i bought this in It's Darlin' [sheer mocha shade] & in Stop Wineing [sheer wine-berry shade]. Both have a slightly overpowering mango scent/taste. They feel kinda greasy/slimy when applied and do not last long at all.

I have this in paper doll and chandeler. I like paper doll better which has a clear pink tone and glitter. I lasts long and is very thick. A+

I really like this in Paper Doll.It smells better than any lip gloss I have ever tried,and is really glossy.The only thing I would change is to take the sparkles out b/c it really does make it gritty.Tip:If you keep it warm,like in your jeans pocket,it comes out easier,glossier,and is not as gritty.

I this product on sale for $2.15 at a nearby walgreens. I was ecstatic to see that they sold them that cheap! I had just heard reviews about Megabytes glossy gloss, and thought I'de take a look at em'. I purchased mine in "Pineapple". It smells delicious! The color is a extremely sheer gold with small golden flecks. This product rocks! I'de definaltly recommend it anyone..It looks great on all skin tones! Its sells regularly for around $3.50 USD.

I'm impressed! I have Ballerina and Shhy. Ballerina is a nice pink color with glitter and it tastes like cherries. Shhy is a light brown/nude and tastes like pineapple. I love the slant tip applicator and realistic scents. Have to get some more!