Amphigory Special Effects Iguana Green

No Image

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Best of the best of the best.

This green is absolutely stunning. Let me state for the record that I've been dying my hair various unnatural colors for well over a decade. It's been every color of the rainbow (sometimes all at once!) and I've tried just about every brand of unnaturally colored dye on the market. SFX is far and away, *the* best, as far as depth of color and tenacity of the dye are concerned.

Iguana Green specifically is a truly stunning color. It's a vibrant, mid-tone, kelly shamrock green, and doesn't appear to have any overtly blue or yellow tones to it. (If you're looking for a blue-toned, teal-type green, try Sonic Green, also by SFX). Iguana green is, like most SFX dyes, multi-dimensional and almost shimmery when applied to bleached hair - it is not at *all* flat, dull, or reminiscent of a cheap wig, as many oddly colored dyes tend to be. That being said - you *do* have to bleach your hair first if it's not naturally light blonde. Some of the darker SFX colors, such as those in the purple spectrum, can be applied to dark hair for a beautiful lowlight effect. Do NOT try that with this color - you will look like a witch who spent too much time in an overly chlorinated swimming pool! Lift your hair to at least a mid-tone blonde. Applying this green over golden or honey blonde hair will give you more of a yellow-green, since the green will mix with the gold of the hair. Lift all the way to ash blonde for a true kelly green. On hair lifted to ash blonde, the kelly green gradually fades to bright spring green, and then finishes off as a pale mint green when nearly all the color has been washed out. Using a sulfate free shampoo, washing your hair in luke-warm water (as opposed to super hot), and only shampooing on alternating days as opposed to every day will greatly extend the life of the color.

on 12/10/2011 3:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love all SFX colors, and this is no exception. over bleached hair, the green turned out a slightly deep, really pretty green. It was a really nice color, and I coupled it with atomic pink so as to look like a watermelon :) Anyway, great color, would definitely recommend.

on 5/1/2006 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best. Green. Ever. 'Nuff said.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is a great, bright green colour, but your hair must be bleached first! or at least lighter than brown...i have thrown it on top of pink before and it turned a lovely deep forest green. over bleached hair it comes out brighter. special effects are the best semi-perm veggie dyes. and i have access to just about anything. they just have the best colour and last the longest. see my profile to see how this and other colours come out.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Aight so i bought this knowing that i should bleach my medium brown hair first but theres just no way i can do that. So I decided whatever ill just try it. So i bought one for 15 dollars which is pretty damn expensive. I didnt have a " tint brush" or gloves. So i put sandwhich bags on my hands and just smeared it on with my fingers. Then i put a shower cap over it and waited fior about an hour. I wanted to leave it on longer but my parents came home and i hadnt exactly told them yetr. So i rinsed and blow dried. I dno its not that great. Its a subtle green tint that you can only see at certain angles and in certain light. but im just not sure if i like it. Im planning on getting another bottle and leaving it in all night and hopefully getting the temporary awesome green color ive dreamed of. but im thinking this wont happen. Oh well, when i come across some money ill get a nother bottle probably. Oh and its real hard to squeeze out

on 5/7/2008 10:54:00 PM

I LOVE SPECIAL EFFECTS HAIR COLOR! I've never had an unnatural color that lasted so long, and it was great. It lasted a good 8 weeks in my hair without fading. I used Sonic Green, not Iguana Green, but the colors that I've seen form this brand come out so vibrant it's awesome. It's near impossible to mess up if you're putting it on bleached hair.