Fusion Beauty LipFusion XL 2X Micro-Injected Collagen and HA Lip Plumping Therapy

3.7

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have used this since back in the olden days when you could buy it at Sephora. Discontinued, so I now try to buy in quantity when I find it on Ebay. But you can mostly find it there in the double tube with the gloss, so not such a bargain. (The plumping gloss is okay but not at all plumping--just a regular clear gloss.)
Here's the deal: wear it at night & the microspheres of collagen really do plump up your lips! At night so it has a good bit of time to work without getting eaten/talked off. Just like your nighttime serums.
It's not one of those horrid pretend plumpers full of mint or cinnamon that simply irritates the heck out of your lips. (And OUCH! Really? Lips are one of the most sensitive, nerve-filled parts of our body).
To check it out, do a before & then after photo after using for a week. Cannot recommend highly enough.

on 5/28/2016 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like the LipFusion XL lip therapy/gloss and have repurchased a number of times.

It is a clear thicker formula. They do help my dry lips and leave nice, healthy, plump lips. They don't offer significant plumping, but do make a slight difference.

I don't love the packaging. The product gets into the cap and spreads down. It doesn't leak out into my bag, but it's a bit more messy than I prefer. Additionally, The packaging is silver, so I can't see how much is left. Transparent packaging, similar to the color glosses, would be better.

Price: $50.00 for 0.29 oz. The price is crazy and it's definitely overpriced. Luckily, you can find these on sale online a few times a year.

Ingredients: Polybutene, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) (Paraffinum Liquidum), Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Silica Silylate, Triisostearyl Citrate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil (Castor), Flavor (Aroma), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Saccharin, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Hexylene Glycol, Menthoxypropanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Flavor Givaudan (UKO18884/00Spearmint@ .25%)

To Read all 217 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/1/2015 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have mixed feelings about LipFusion XL lip gloss. I do love it, but not really for its primary effect, i.e. lip plumping.
I use it at a daytime (as opposed to night treatment) applying a thin layer directly on my lips or on top of some matte lipstick. It is quite sticky and gives a mild tingling sensation for a few minutes (nothing unpleasant for me). Staying power is weak and I do have to reapply it a few times during a day.

The results: it makes my lips look extremely smooth, hydrated, and soft. It does not plump nor make them look visibly bigger, but since the lip skin is so smoothed out, they look GREAT. I have never imagined somebody could compliment me on my lips until I started using LipFusion XL gloss. My friends or female colleagues would sometimes ask what lip gloss I am using! :)
The effect lasts on me only for as long as I have the product applied and just very short after it's gone by the end of the day. I think the hydrating/smoothing effect used to last a bit longer (for maybe a couple of days) when I just discovered it, but after more than a year using it several times a week, the effect is weaker, I think (could it be that my lips got used to it and get less effected by now?).

I am taking one lippie off just because it is SO EXPENSIVE. Will repurchase it though since this is the best lip treatment product I have ever tried.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yikes!

This product is incredibly over-priced but I'll be repurchasing. I'm using this in conjunction with an agave lip mask (not homemade) in the evening as leave-on treatment. I first use chapstick to prime my lips; next I apply a thin layer of this product; lastly, after waiting several minutes, I seal everything with the agave lip mask. When I have woken up for the past week, my lips have been fuller and healthier. The effect has lasted throughout the day, over the entire week. (That being said, if I were to discontinue usage of the LipFusion XL, the results would not remain.)

I wish this were more readily available, and at a more reasonable price point. Contemplating making my own serum using actives. Until then, I'll repurchase.

on 1/21/2015 11:43:00 AM

The name is good. So good that it made me buy this without bothering to check any reviews.
Well, my first question is why bother to make this in different shades when it anyway makes your lips cherry red?
Second question; after the tingling numbing feeling you would expect duck lips, but if it has any visual effect what so ever it cant last moore than 30 minutes, because by the time you can feel your lips again and talk normally and then remember to go check your lips out in a mirror, everything's back to normal again. Except for the cherry red color on your lips, witch should have been a light baby pink shimmering shade.
Now you tell me?

on 11/2/2014 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using LipFusion XL on and off for about 8 years now. Since my lips are somewhat thin, and I do not want to get collagen injections, I looked for a lip plumper that would increase the volume and not just temporarily. I have since re-purchased the LipFusion after a year or so trying other brands. The other brands do not compare to LipFusion XL at all. It takes a couple of weeks of consistent use, but my lips are definitely fuller, softer and smoother looking. I use a lip scrub daily, and apply this several times throughout the day, sometimes over a lip stain, and sometimes alone. It's one product that can definitely make a big difference in the way you look, and my lips feel really soft as a bonus!

ILip Fusion XXL This product is only ok. I find wearing it alone does hydrate my lips. What I really dont like about this product is that it melts VERY quickly. Infact, I can't wear lipstick underneath (or over) this stuff because it will cause your lipstick to bleed and slip all over the place. Not cool. This did NOT cause a plumping effect on me either. Certainly not worth the cost.

on 6/8/2013 2:46:00 AM

I am marking this down because this was quite effective although I am not a great fan of minty, tingly glosses and prefer something more balmy and soothing.

Without warning, the whole BeautyFusion line has been withdrawn from the UK and I cannot buy it from Sephora in France anymore either - incredibly frustrating. If it ever returns I will review more of their products.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought two tubes of lipfusion XL, but one comes with 2 ends; a micro collagen lip plump on the other end--it's a milky lip gloss meant for daytime use which isn't half bad but I seem to be using up the XL therapy faster. U are supposed to use XL before bed to let it work on plumping your lips overnight but I do use it in the day sometimes as a base before my usual colored lip gloss. It gives a slight tingly feeling on the lips which I quite enjoy. I think overtime I do notice my lips getting abit fuller.. and the results are lasting even if I missed using the XL for a couple of days. My lips also feel moisturized in the morning after wiping off any residue of the XL and cleansing my face. Overall it does meet up to it's claims but it's no miracle product and doesn't replace lip injections in the plastic surgeon's office. There are times however I can't be bothered to apply it because it feels kinda weird to sleep with a sticky mouth. Also I am not a fan of the unhealthy ingredient list, which contains paraben.

on 5/20/2013 11:42:00 PM

This is the ONLY product that I have ever tried (I have tried many) that works to hydrate my lips.
After years of reliance on a lip hydrator my lips are often dry and sore and flaky. This product can fix even the flakiest of lips after a 2 or 3 applications.
It goes on well and isn't sticky however I have not noticed any 'plumping' results although when I first started using it I did feel a slight stinging sensation.
I would buy this product if you are like me and like to have a clear gloss on your lips or if you suffer from dry, sore and flaky lips.
It is crazily expensive in my opinion so ensure you look online for the best deal as I have bought it from online cosmetic sites for half the price of what they charge in store.
Even my friend who takes no interest in cosmetics likes this product and says it fixed her dry lips!

Popular Lip Treatments