The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Rescue Treatment

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Rescue Treatment

4.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/29/2018 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favourite foot lotion in the summer, as it's so nice and cooling. Smells and feels great. Only downside is how quickly I go through it! I wish the tub were bigger.

I've changed my mind about this product as my heels are starting to feel smooth!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Claims - True or False?
1) Softens and revives rought, tired feet: Mostly true
2) Cools skin: Mostly true
2) Deodorizes feet: Undetermined

Packaging:
Comes in a small tub with a screw-off lid. I generally like TBS body butter packaging, so I do like this product's packaging. Easy to unscrew the lid, screws back on easily, good for travel, a cute design, ingredients are listed on the bottom.

Formula:
A light whipped pink butter, feels cool to the skin when applied and has a slight cooling sensation due to the peppermint, but this effect is very minor. I'd supplement with extra peppermint essential oil if looking for a more soothing minty tingle (otherwise, a larger quantity needs to be applied to really feel it, which can be overkill and a waste of product). The smell is fantastic, a nice menthol that is not too strong but still obvious. Slightly greasy and a bit heavy but on par with their lighter body butters; ideal for night wear.

Performance:
I like this product, not love. It's not moisturizing enough to really make a lasting change in my skin unless I use it often, although a proper exfoliation of my feet to soften callouses might allow for better results. It does feel nice on sore feet but the tingle isn't strong enough for my liking. I can't tell if it helps with foot odour because this usually isn't a problem with me unless wearing shoes without socks (deodorant on feet when wearing such shoes helps). It's a fun experience though of applying it at night, especially after giving oneself a nice foot spa experience. Usually absorbs over night but some can still be left over in the morning. Does make my feet greasy and slippery so I try to make sure I pair it with socks if I'm going to walk around with it on.

Bang for your Buck:
This is a 100ml tub and the website lists it at about $18. I don't know how much it costs as my mom usually buys it when there are overall sales; this is the only time I'd personally buy it. If used daily it will run out quickly, but if used just a few times a week or just when feet need something extra, it will last longer.

Final Consensus:
Not amazing but I do like it enough that I would repurchase, as I enjoy using it. If I find another product that provides the same type of results or better and for a better price I would definitely replace this with that instead, but it's a nice treat to use on sore feet or when pampering your feet.
* Overall Rating: 3.5/5
* Price: 3/5
* Packaging Quality: 4/5
* Repurchase: Yes

on 2/12/2011 10:42:00 PM

As a moisturizer, this is ok but not the greatest. It is a wonderful foot treatment though! Walking the dogs nightly in this weather means wearing heavy boots while I trudge through the snow and over the ice. By the time we get home, my feet are sore & tired. After applying this peppermint foot cream, my feet feel refreshed and relaxed. I would buy it again for that reason alone.

on 9/6/2010 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is so refreshing, and i think thats saying alot since it goes on your feet =p I love how long it lasts i put it on once a day and my feet are good even when i work an 9 hour shift. It's replaced my bi-weekly pedicure :)

Popular Body Skincare Products