Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/5/2015 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently dyed my hair blonde, and after using a blonding kit, my hair was a bit yellow and they recommended putting a dye on top of it. This was the first dye I used, Light Ash Blonde. It was in between this and the regular ash blonde, but I was worried I would make my hair too dark. However, I used this and I didn't see a difference in colour. My hair was still yellow and a bit brassy. I think it's too light to cover up any brassyness, so if that's what you're using this for, use Garnier's Belle Color in Ash Blonde, or even the next darker shade after that, whatever that may be. That's what I used after and my hair is now a really nice regular ash blonde colour. It's still a little yellow in some areas which is why I would recommend going for an even darker blonde if your hair is really brassy. So unfortunately this particular colour didn't work for my situation.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I dyed my hair with Garnier Belle Colour in Light Ash Blonde. I used ash blonde to dye my black hair to a dark chocolate brown. The colour does not show well. Honestly, the back of my hair looks just like my natural hair colour. The top of my hair definitely shows a medium dark brown colour. I will not be repurchasing this :(

Edit: So, my take is if you want a very natural hair colour, go for Belle Colour. I wanted something a little more than that. I've heard your new hair colour may fade in the beginning so maybe my hair will even out. Will update.

Edit April 23, 2014: I ended fixing my hair with their Garnier Nutrisse line, it works more intense than Belle Colour :) The colour is called very light ash blonde and my hair is a milk-dark chocolate colour <3

on 9/5/2012 8:34:00 PM

I used this brand for the first time with 7.1 (dark ash blonde) on my uncoloured, medium blond hair. . I do not know what it is, but all of the companies that make hair colourants, seem to struggle with a definition of the adjective "ASH". They all say that is a cool colour, will erase yellow undertones, etc. But none of them does it. Instead, they all give you plenty of yellowishness, orangeness or redness - depending on a tone of blonde you choose. And it's the same with Garnier. Straight after colouring, mu hair looks like...nothing...just a dark, no tone, no gloss. The best way to describe it, is, it's that what you see if you put a mushroom upside down. After a third wash, it looks like in the picture from the box, which would be fine, if not the fact that it is nothing like ash. But if you like the colour, despite misleading description, there are some good news - it'll stay like this for ages. Good or bad for Garnier? Well Overall, very good product, long lasting effect, but they should update their definition of "ash".

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not nearly enough conditioner ... the result was that dying my hair darker (i.e. no lifting agents) actually fried my hair! Bullcrap.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was in Rexall and saw that this was on sale for $5 CA so I got two in a mahogany brown. My hair is naturally dark and I didn't expect much but I thought I'd give it a shot for being on sale. I'm aiming for a lighter, summery hair style.

My hair is quite thick, so two boxes did the trick. I waited the allotted time and took a shower.

All this did was lighten my roots and I look pretty silly (I think so at least). NEVER buying this product again, no matter how much it's on sale for.

on 3/10/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used 110 on my mousy brown hair and it turned out beautifully. The colour turned out very similar to the model's on the box. It actually has variations in the shades of blonde. The smell wasn't as overpowering as some other dyes I have used. I bought 2 boxes on sale for 4.99 each and my long hair was fully saturated.

on 1/24/2011 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I used the Light Terracotta Brown over the weekend and I absolutely love the result itself. My hair is naturally black but because of a previous dye, it was more like dark brown before I colored it.

I was afraid the color would not show on my hair or worse, that my hair would turn orange. But the result is quite nice. Right now my hair is more like medium golden copper brown. The end result is very close to the chart on the box, maybe even a bit lighter.

However, I do feel that my hair is much drier after washing the dye off which makes me a bit worried now. The dye itself does not smell, which is a good thing. It did not stain or drip and can be washed off quite easily. Although, the box marked this as double highlight, I did not see any highlight effect at all. The color is very even though.

I would buy it again because of the color itself together with tons of hair nourishment products just in case. The price is quite affordable too.

on 9/24/2010 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i really liked this hair color. i was surprised, because the price was so low and the product is great. i chose one of the 'new' colors, it was Dark Brown i believe. i was a bit worried because when i first emptied it into a plastic container (i put it in a separate container and use a tint brush, not the bottle) it was sparkly and orange. after a few minutes it started to darken into a dark muddy brown. again, i was worried. in my experience, dark brown hair colors like to turn almost black, and medium brown hair color likes to pull brassy in my hair. this dye did neither. it turned a nice dark neutral brown, and it looks quite natural. i think it's cheap because you don't get the 60 mL conditioner tube with it, you just get a packet. that doesn't bother me.

oh i also should mention, i poured out a bit of the developer, maybe 15-25mLs. i don't like to use a lot of developer when i mix my hair color

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

So disappointed with this. The colour on the box looked so nice (macadamia brown - a natural golden dark brown) but it looks nothing like advertised on me. It barely deposited any colour and despite covering each strand of hair thouroughly, it still came out uneven. Colour fades super quickly and becomes dull. I do not like this dye at all, but the conditioner it comes with is very good.

on 1/19/2009 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was tired of highlights and wanted to cover them up so I bought this in light golden brown. The smell was about as bad as any other brand, but the conditioner smelled yummy (peach/fruit). Anyway the colour itself was okay but I found this brand very blah and just meh. It often goes on sale quite cheap at SDM one or two day sales (got this for $4.99) but not worth it (no shine, just blah, boring looking colour). I ended up using spiced tea (a pretty auburn colour) from Natural instincts to cover it up and give it some oomph.