Conair ConairPro Plimatic 2000 Hair Dryer

4.5

on 12/6/2009 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

OMG this is the best dryer. I am on my second one and now shopping for a third. My husband sorta beat this one up and had to tape the end with electrical tape to get the nozzle to stay in. I has unbeatable strength. Mine is over 4 years old and I am afraid I won't be able to find another one.
UPDATE: I bought the T3 Evolution. HATE IT. My goodness the air comes out so slow. I need the force with witch the plimatic supplies. I have been doing some research and I may try the Conair Professional Tourmaline Iconic styler. If anyone has this dryer, please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks

on 8/4/2005 7:56:00 PM

I've been looking for a replacement for my Conair Yellowbird. I love the fact that my Yellowbird dries my hair really fast without making it a frizzy mess, and also the fact that they last for years (I've had mine for at least 5 years, maybe more). The negatives are that it's a rather heavy dryer, and I get tired of holding it over my head every day, it doesn't have a cold shot button and the filter is not removable, which makes it a pain to clean. So I've been looking for something that performs as well but without the negatives.

This is a rather pricey hair dryer, regularly $60 at Sally's though I got it on sale for $50. So far I'm quite pleased with it, though, and if it lasts as long as the Yellowbird I feel it's a good investment. This claims to use ceramic ion technology which supposedly makes your hair dry faster and look shinier. I haven't noticed any difference, to tell you the truth. It does dry my hair fast, it's pretty lightweight and it has a cool shot button and removable filter. As for other features, this is 1900 watts (I'd prefer 1875, but 1900 seems ok) and it has 3 heat options and 2 speeds. The heat/speed buttons are on the inside part of the handle and are fairly easy to inadvertently change, which is the one thing that bugs me about this dryer. Overall I am quite pleased with this. I would note that Sally's sells a cheaper Plimatic model (about 20 bucks) that I passed on because it doesn't have a separate heat control. If you don't mind that, it might be worth looking into.

Popular Hair Styling Tools