Olay Clarity Daily Scrub

No Image

3.4

on 6/28/2008 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This review is for the Cleanse & Clarify Scrub. I can pretty much sum up this review in two words.... CYSTIC ACNE!!!
I purchased this a couple of weeks ago, and the first few days, I liked the "clean" feeling I had after using it. However, with each day, I noticed more and more zits. I figured maybe it was a "purging" thing or something. WRONG! I have cystic acne everyday now, and I've finally realized it's the scrub.
I don't even want to put on makeup anymore because I think to myself, "What's the point?". I have huge zits thanks to this awful product and I don't even look like myself anymore. Now, I get to spend weeks trying to repair the damage this junk has done to my face!!!!!

on 3/21/2008 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have really become a fan of Olay's products recently. I have acne prone, oily skin. I use a LavoClean wash at night, prescribed by my dermatologist, but it's too strong to use twice a day. Hence this scrub! In the past I've tried Clean & Clear's orange scrub, but this product has a nice smell, and feel. It makes my skin clean and somewhat glowy. The part is the oil control. When I don't wash my face in the mornings, it is greasy and slick by mid afternoon. This scrub really controls it. Will repurchase!

on 11/14/2007 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

my skin tends to really like salicylic acid. so recently, when i started to break out i bought neutrogenas rapid clear SA pads and it was just FILLED with alcohol. it suprisingly didnt dry me out, but it didnt even help to clear anything either. this stuff is GREAT! i dont feel that its helping with much exfoliation, the microbeads are far and few between.but i have other products for that. washes my makeup all off, and i really feel my skin is benefiting from this. its a great cleanser (kinda wish it had no fragrance, but thats hard to find with olay)

EDIT: what was i thinking!? no no no no. olay has GREAT cleansers without fragrence. the one with aloe, and another for sensitive skin. dont opt for this.

on 8/15/2007 7:35:00 PM

My acne-prone, sensitive skin does not have a problem tolerating the salicylic acid in this cleanser, but the scrubbing particles were too harsh and felt like they were scratching my skin too much. Also, they were difficult to rinse off. I prefer St. Ives Apricot Face Wash Blemish & Blackhead Control for gentle exfoliation and acne control.

First of all, the only negative I have is the packaging. After weeks of squeezing, the sides of the tube cracked. Now, the positive: when I use this product, my acne almost disappears, and my pores look smaller because they are cleaner. I like to use a washcloth to apply it for a little extra scrub. No, not everyone needs that much exfoliation, but my skin seems to benefit from it. (Oily T-zone, large pores on nose, dry around mouth and lower cheeks)

on 8/25/2006 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! Gently exfoliates, i love the texture. I also can't get enough of the smell, it's delicious.

on 7/21/2006 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It smelled nice and lathered nice, did absolutely NOTHING for my acne, it just irritated it

6 words for you: Scrubs and acne DO NOT mix.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product left my skin dry and stripped. I didn't like it at all. Sorry not good for people with acne prone, oily/combination skin. Absolutely sucks!

on 10/22/2005 10:18:00 PM

I used this for a few months, but it dried my skin out pretty bad. The beads are also a little more jagged than what I prefer.
I switched to the Anti Aging/Anti-Blemish line of Olay(same amount of salicylic acid, btw), and am considerably happier with the results.
I gave all of my extra bottles of this to my husband, who has much oilier skin(not to mention he's 5 years younger and doesn't need to worry about fine lines). He seems to like it a lot. Be careful to wash it off completely, though. Sometimes he walks out of the shower and has little blue beads still stuck to his face.
Overall, I wouldn't buy again, but my husband will. continued >>