4.3

Reviews

3.0
from

a month ago

This soap was gifted to me by my boyfriend. I wished I could give this more than an average rating. It could be my skin is too dry and sensitive to use this soap on a regular basis. I don't think the scent resembles the Coco Mademoiselle parfum, but it does have a nice lingering scent. I couldn't give it a terrible rating, because it seems to work for others. I say give it a try and see for yourself.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

3 years ago

This is the best soap. I've had mine for like a year & it is still going strong. I have No. 5 & coco in the cabinet as spares but I shouldn't have gotten them as the soaps i have, have lasted so long I won't need them for a couple of months still. The soaps have cracked & dried out some but they still lather up just fine & smell divine. My fave soaps, these last such a long time & cleans so thoroughly I feel clean after I've used it. I wish I knew how to keep them from cracking but it's just aesthetics it does not affect the soap's performance. I'm a big chanel fan but I don't want to shell out the cash for shower gel but this is $27 & it truly is cost effective. I can't believe how long the soap has lasted. It still smells good!

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

6 years ago

If you think this is just a soap with a bit of perfume - meh... you're wrong. I bought it (Coco Mademoiselle) just to be a bit flash flash and splurge. I had the guts to use it the other day. My regular heavy duty bar soap, took about 4 washes to get a number of hair oils out of my hands and still felt like there was residue. Chanel did it in one go. This soap is not just a perfumed soap, it will give you the best clean feeling so I totally will believe there is a good reason for the price tag and must also contain some kinda magic stuff for your skin that they tell you it has. It also has tiny shimmers in the soap to satisfy your aesthetic desires, so pretty :)

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Kinky, Fine

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I own this in coco mademoiselle scent and was surprised... To me it smells quite different than the EDP. I had to get used to it, as it smells more like a waterlily, which the EDP only has a very faint note of this! I don't know if CM actually has waterlily notes, but thats what I get from this soap bar. it lathers up very rich and creamy and oh my, the same shimmery sparkle as the body lotion...mmmm! it leaves my skin pampered and fresh and makes me feel so luxurious. Totally getting this in the original Coco too.

About reviewer (172 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

7 years ago

I won't use this soap in the bath. I bought it abroad in a Chanel store, so for me it is kind a remembrance. It's in my wardrobe and every time that I open it comes a nice smell of Coco Mademoiselle perfume. If I leave it somewhere in my bedroom after a few hours my bedroom is lightly scented. Sorry I'm not able to assess its quality as a soap for bathing, but I love the way how it scents my wardrobe.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Other

EyesHazel

3.0

10 years ago

I have this soap in the Coco Madmoiselle fragrance. For the money I was expecting more. The soap feels very nice and creamy and does not dry out my skin. However, the fragrance fades so quickly and does not linger on my skin. Also, I wish this came with a dish so that I can store it when I'm not using it in the shower. I won't buy again.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Other, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBrown

1.0

10 years ago

I had high hopes for Chanel #5's soap. I read reviews that is was lovely and long lasting. I am thinking I got a bad bar, mine smelled like plastic from the beginning. Thinking, possibly it was the crummy plastic wrapper that it was in, I suds it up a few times and the nasty smell got worse. Possibly, it was just mine, but I wouldn't waste the money on this soap.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

11 years ago

This soap smells like heaven. It doesnt do anything special for you skin but I would repurchase just for the smell of it. It smells so good. My mom use to put this in her car to make her car smell good and now I can understand why. I just recently found discovered this soap in my drawer and I've had it on my desk for about a month. For this month, my desk area smells so good. I also use this as a regular soap but again, theres nothing special about that. Just a regular soap that gives an amazing scent. Great scent and practical.

About reviewer (177 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlack

11 years ago

I adore this soap in No. 5. It is substantial in size, very chic, smells wonderful and has a dense lather. It is a splurge but it really lasts for a long time. I have repurchased this item several times now and will continue to do so.

About reviewer (167 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther

HairOther

from

12 years ago

Love it!!!! It is a nice size bar of soap. It is a light pink color and it smells wonderful. It lathers so well to. Makes me feel very clean and pretty. Wonderful product and would always buy again.

About reviewer (175 reviews)

Age30-35