Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick (Creme) - Rose Velvet

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick (Creme) - Rose Velvet
Super Lustrous Lipstick (Creme) - Rose VelvetSuper Lustrous Lipstick (Creme) - Rose VelvetRevlon Super Lustrous - RoseVelvetSassyMauveSuper Lustrous Lipstick (Creme) - Rose Velvet

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I absolutely love Revlon lipsticks, lipliners and glosses, so it is hard for me to give anything less than a stellar review for one of their lip products, but I would rate this at a solid 3.75. Even though I would probably repurchase, this particular lipstick is never going to be a favorite of mine.

When freshly applied, this color is OUTRAGEOUS. Totally opaque, creamy, ever-so-slightly glossy deeper nude with more of a browny undertone than a rosy or mauvey one. It is definitely on the warmer side, which I can get behind, but just take note if that's not your thing.

Where this gets iffy is in the wearability department. I'm not a hard-to-please lipstick diva, I don't insist on anything unrealistic when it comes to wear times for products that don't explicitly state they'll last all day. If I take in a beverage or a meal I don't expect my lipstick to tag along for the ride. But this particular shade was already noticeably fading not even two hours into application, and my lips hadn't touched anything so...

It is also worth noting, this is one of the very, very few lipsticks I've ever worn that got on my teeth not once but SEVERAL times throughout the day. As opaque as this is, it is the farthest thing from long-wearing as I've ever encountered in a lipstick. If you're someone who has ample time to reapply lipstick throughout the day (or just doesn't care), and the shade is in your wheelhouse, you will love this to no end.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you are an older gal like myself (or really any woman who like a natural-looking lip), you need this in your life! Such a flattering shade that I think many skin tones can wear and can easily be built up. While this is somewhat of a nude-mauve shade on me, but I feel like this goes with many tones and shades of clothing/eye looks. I have seen this described online as a "brown-based dusky mauve." and I agree with that.

I get no settling in lip lines, feels great and somewhat moisturizing, definitely very comfortable to wear, which my 45 year old lips appreciate! Easy to apply, does not turn funny nor funky colors, does not get gummy nor gunky, just behaves very nicely! The only thing I found that might be a 'complaint' is that this shade does not last long at all for me. I get a couple hours of wear time out of this, and if eating, it vanishes completely by the end of the meal. But it is so great in every other aspect, I am okay to have to reapply every few hours or after a meal. Revlon makes some great shades that I feel could pass for lip products that are heftier price tags, and this one is no exception. Already bought a backup because things I really like always get discontinued, so I wanted to have a backup, just in case!! A great shade to throw on when running out the door, grocery trips, lunch or coffee with friends, a trip to the movies..anytime you want something "easy" and goes with just about everything!! This is one I want to always have in my purse and will always take with me on trips. It is so versatile, very comfortable and natural on it's own, and all-around just lovely! Very pleased.

This came in a package, along with a Revlon Colorstay "Nude" lip liner. It's a great neutral shade. Works well with my auburn hair and fair skin. I just wish it had a touch more pink. It's a light terra cotta shade that pulls just a little too much orange on me. It's a "cream" formula but looks pretty matte once applied. I felt like it needed a gloss. A good option at this price point.

on 6/15/2016 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great lipstick.......for someone else! For a drug store brand it is hard to beat Revlon, especially considering all of the options they offer. This color just doesn't work for me. It pulled very "orangey" on my NW20 skin. So disappointed after all of the glowing reviews here. I used to wear this and Smokey Rose when they first came out, and back then both had a lot more pink in them. I probably won't toss this, I will just mix it with a cooler lipstick or liner...just too warm for me!

One of my favorite, if not THE favorite lipstick that I have ever used.
There aren't enough superlatives to describe this product: Goes on like a dream. Fantastic pigmentation. Moisturizing. I even noticed that it appears to make the lips a bit more plump.
I adore the shade Rose Velvet,which is a dusty,yet earthy shade on me. It goes beautifully with my fair to light skin tone and I just apply,blot and reapply to extend the wear.
It's neutral so it will work with any skin tone but especially works well with fair to olive shaded women.

on 3/24/2016 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A creamy and lovely texture that is highly pigmented and lasts a reasonable times on my lips. The color is a great choice for a everyday and everywhere wearing shade, adds a bit of spice on your lips. I'll definitely buy it again and again.

on 3/24/2016 2:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I recently pulled this out of my stash but I don't really like it. The smell is awful. It was kinda messy and I don't like the look of it after it wears down. I like Maybelline's Warm Me up much better.

on 3/5/2016 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Exquisite lipstick for under $5 at Target. I am NW45 in MAC and this is my perfect MLBB color. I am just thrilled that things like this exist in the world. My lipstick collection is 99.9% high end so imagine my glee at finding this gem when I am used to paying $20 + per lippie. Anyway, this is the perfect amount of creamy, a dusty mauve color with some brown in it with no shimmer. I can slap this on, no lip liner and no gloss and feel perfectly put together. I will be purchasing this again and again. Very well done, good quality product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The texture of this lipstick is just right, not too greasy, but not too dry, and it lasts a reasonable enough amount of time. The color is a pinkish nude color that looks perfect with my fair skin. The brown lipstick trend never really worked on me, and just looked way too strange with my complexion, but this is a really great your-lips-only-better color.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Darn, this color was just not right for me. Against my NW20 skin tone Rose Velvet looked like a very light butterscotch color, it drained all the color from my face. I thought it was going to be like Maybelline Touch Of Spice but it wasn't even close. It looked very light, warm and blah. I'm still going to give this a good rating because as most of us know Revlon lipsticks are fabulous. They have tons of colors to choose from, different finishes, full coverage, comfortable on the lips, they last for at least a few hours with no touch-ups even if you were to eat something they still stay on and they are fragrance free. For under $6 a tube (in Target) it's a bargain. Rose Velvet just didn't look good on me but may on you.

Popular Lipsticks