Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick (Creme) - Rose Velvet

image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.5

on 6/15/2016 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great lipstick.......for someone else! For a drug store brand it is hard to beat Revlon, especially considering all of the options they offer. This color just doesn't work for me. It pulled very "orangey" on my NW20 skin. So disappointed after all of the glowing reviews here. I used to wear this and Smokey Rose when they first came out, and back then both had a lot more pink in them. I probably won't toss this, I will just mix it with a cooler lipstick or liner...just too warm for me!

One of my favorite, if not THE favorite lipstick that I have ever used.
There aren't enough superlatives to describe this product: Goes on like a dream. Fantastic pigmentation. Moisturizing. I even noticed that it appears to make the lips a bit more plump.
I adore the shade Rose Velvet,which is a dusty,yet earthy shade on me. It goes beautifully with my fair to light skin tone and I just apply,blot and reapply to extend the wear.
It's neutral so it will work with any skin tone but especially works well with fair to olive shaded women.

To Read all 108 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/24/2016 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A creamy and lovely texture that is highly pigmented and lasts a reasonable times on my lips. The color is a great choice for a everyday and everywhere wearing shade, adds a bit of spice on your lips. I'll definitely buy it again and again.

on 3/24/2016 2:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I recently pulled this out of my stash but I don't really like it. The smell is awful. It was kinda messy and I don't like the look of it after it wears down. I like Maybelline's Warm Me up much better.

on 3/5/2016 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Exquisite lipstick for under $5 at Target. I am NW45 in MAC and this is my perfect MLBB color. I am just thrilled that things like this exist in the world. My lipstick collection is 99.9% high end so imagine my glee at finding this gem when I am used to paying $20 + per lippie. Anyway, this is the perfect amount of creamy, a dusty mauve color with some brown in it with no shimmer. I can slap this on, no lip liner and no gloss and feel perfectly put together. I will be purchasing this again and again. Very well done, good quality product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The texture of this lipstick is just right, not too greasy, but not too dry, and it lasts a reasonable enough amount of time. The color is a pinkish nude color that looks perfect with my fair skin. The brown lipstick trend never really worked on me, and just looked way too strange with my complexion, but this is a really great your-lips-only-better color.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Darn, this color was just not right for me. Against my NW20 skin tone Rose Velvet looked like a very light butterscotch color, it drained all the color from my face. I thought it was going to be like Maybelline Touch Of Spice but it wasn't even close. It looked very light, warm and blah. I'm still going to give this a good rating because as most of us know Revlon lipsticks are fabulous. They have tons of colors to choose from, different finishes, full coverage, comfortable on the lips, they last for at least a few hours with no touch-ups even if you were to eat something they still stay on and they are fragrance free. For under $6 a tube (in Target) it's a bargain. Rose Velvet just didn't look good on me but may on you.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is my first Revlon lipstick purchase, Im not a lipstick girl so I hiave maybe 10 or less.
I must say Im impressed with the quality, all my other lipsticks are high end brands like Chanel, Lancome etc.....I must say that the quality is just as good as a $30 plus lipstick.
The color- a beautiful neutral rose brown. Im very pale and cool toned and so I stay away from orange and warm tones. This look will be a great fall look, I think the color is suitable for most if not all skintones.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is such a pretty MLBB for WOC. It is a gorgeous mauve that works amazing on olive skin tones. I reach for this so often. The formula of the super lustrous lipsticks is really worth a try.

Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Rose Velvet has quickly become a staple for me. I purchased it about four weeks ago after I saw it featured in a YouTube video, and I've been wearing it almost every day since.

Rose Velvet is the first lipstick I've owned from the Super Lustrous line, and after trying it, I'm sorry that I haven't purchased any of these lipsticks sooner! It's the best formula I've found from the drugstore: a little bit creamy without being moisturizing, but not too drying either. My lips are almost always dry enough that I have to exfoliate before applying lipstick anyway, and I haven't noticed this one being any more drying than others I've used. The staying power is quite good. Someone asked me if I was wearing a long-wearing lip product one day, and I said, "I don't think it's supposed to be, but it seems to be on me!" I touch up after meals and periodically throughout the day, but the color seems to stay pretty true, even through my drinking water all day.

Rose Velvet is a gorgeous brown-pink, perfect for the season's 90's-inspired lipstick trend. I hadn't really thought about purchasing a lipstick in this color range until I saw Rose Velvet swatched. I am very, very fair (I habitually buy the lightest warm-toned foundation I can find) and didn't think I could pull off a shade that was so brown, but this has just enough pink and is just the right intensity for me to wear.

I'm sure I'll continue wearing Rose Velvet all through the winter months and adding more Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks to my makeup collection!