Vichy LiftActiv Intensive Anti-Wrinkle and Firming Cream

No Image

3.4

on 10/20/2016 6:11:00 AM

A little too lightweight to provide much moisture. I wouldn't call it a cream. Full of silicones, alcohol in the ingredient list. Yes, alcohol in firming cream. ?

on 6/14/2016 2:54:00 PM

I bought this cream at the L'Oreal Warehouse sale at a discounted price so I don't know what the regular retail price would be, so I have no comments on that.

On the cream, it feels great putting on the face. It smooths on really well and does not make me look particularly shiny and I do believe that it smooths out some of the minor wrinkles I have on my forehead.

This cream does not absorb into the skin though, and just sits on top. After putting it on and leaving it for an hour, when I went to scratch my face the cream just pilled up and rolled off. If I wear it in the day then I can't wear makeup over it and if I wear it at night and sleep on my side it will pill up and come off too. I can only wear it during the day when I'm at home and not planning on putting anything on top.

I don't think the anti-wrinkle lasts if I wash my face though...

on 12/15/2014 3:38:00 PM

I haven't seen any changes on my skin while using this cream. It only made my skin greasy.

Lovely product. This Christmas season, Vichy brought out an advent calendar with travel size samples, and there was a 15 ml pot of this cream inside...before I had only tried the Aqualia line and the new moisturizer Idealia from Vichy, and I have to say all their products work really well for me, none ever made me break out and I have sensitive combination skin with very dry cheeks... Liftactiv has a very creamy texture, a pleasant smell and makes my skin feel velvety and nurtured without adding shine, so I would definitely buy again. I cannot say much about any anti-ageing benefits, since I have hardly any wrinkles yet, but in any case I am in my mid-30s so I reckon it can't hurt to use an anti-ageing product...

on 2/12/2011 2:08:00 PM

Pretty good moisturizer. I found it very similar to other Vichy products it texture and scent. Works well enough and it didn't mess up my skin. Good choice for a drugstore brand moisturizer.

on 1/19/2011 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Reviewing the CxP cream version normal to combination skin. It does moisturize, but I have tried vit C creams before and I recall they did more for my skin. With this one, the skin stays away from flawless - like it does with Lierac mat-chrono, f.e., or even from a good improvement. It does not make me breakout though, and it is rare to find something that does not. Anyway, too expensive for what it delivers.
Update: After two months using it, my skin has improved a lot. The large pores almost disappeared and its texture became like the way it was 6 years ago. Nice surprise. However, so far it hasn't been noticeably tightened.

on 3/3/2009 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this together with the C+serum, which I found working well for my skin tone. It is a little disappointing, I have to say. I have it for the dry skin type. It doesn't show any signs of anti-wrinkle or firming, at least not as obvious as the serum. However it does moisturize especially for the dry harsh winter here. It can get a little oily so not recommended for normal skin unless you do need heavy moisturization. I will finish the jar but won't purchase again since I prefer a lighter cream for hotter seasons.

I managed to buy some sample sizes of this cream for less money than this cream usually costs.
Before this, I've been using Myokine cream from Vichy (and I was quite happy about it).
I really like this cream: it is very light (my face can not stand rich creams), yet moisturizing.
I am recommending it to the ones with normal/combination skin in their early thirties.
I wouldn't really recommend it to people with dry skin.

on 12/25/2007 11:34:00 PM

My mother who was 50 at the time (skin type- normal)- found this cream (the regular version- not the one for dry skin) not to be moisturizing enough. Apart from slight dryness- no other visible results.

on 5/24/2006 7:47:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff!!! I'm in my early thirtys, with pretty normal skin, and was worried that this was going to be too heavy or rich, but as soon as I put it on, my face was as soft as silk. Maybe it's my imagination, but my skin does look a little tighter and healthier. I will never use anything else.

Popular Face Skincare Products