Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

Smashbox Lip and Lid Primer

2.2

on 8/17/2010 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received this as a deluxe sample with my Smashbox gift kit, so I have no idea how much it costs. My HG is TFSI, but this performs the same on me (I have slightly oily lids, e/s creases on me by itself, but with a primer, I don't have any problems). It is lighter in color than TFSI, it has a good grip on my e/s and makes it look brighter and stay until I take it off.
I will rebuy if it's cheaper than TFSI, since I kind of prefer primers that have wand applicators, if not, I'll probably stick with the same old, but bottom line is that I like this primer and I have nothing bad to say about it.

on 10/14/2009 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I got a deluxe sample of this lid primer in a smashbox kit. I am an Urban Decay (UD) primer girl, but decided to try it. It works very similar, this one is more nude in color. It held up just as well as the UD primer. My lids are pretty oily but I wore this all day without any problems, and my lid color looked radiant even at the end of the night. I actually dont notice any other difference between this and UD based on performance. However, this primer is .1oz for $20, and UD primer is $17 for .34oz. Still I think this works just as good as UD. I'm actually surprised by the bad reviews because i think its a good product. I would recommend either one.

on 7/24/2003 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

LOVE THIS! Let me say first that I have only used the lid primer, and I love it enough that even if the lip primer didn't exist, I'd still buy it for this! Wow. MUCH better than L'Oreal DeCrease, and dare I say, up there with Benefit FY Eye!! Kind of hard going on (seems to tug a bit) but just smooth it out with your fingers and you have a base that does not budge! This even works to keep BE glimmers on! Only negative so far with the Smashbox Lip & Lid Primer is that the size is incredibly small ... when it first arrived I actually thought they had sent me the wrong thing. VERY small, not a ton of product for the $20-ish bucks or so on QVC. I see now that they have two colors, a dark and a light, which is nice.

on 12/22/2007 7:52:00 PM

I like this product because it keeps my eyeshadow on longer but the lip primer doesn't work that well. It cakes up and sucks out all the moisture on my lips. I would only buy the lid primer again if it was sold seperately.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Since I have oily, dark eyelids, i liked the lid primer. My eyeshadow lasted longer and also showed up better after i used it. The lip primer was also good... again, the lipstick color came out truer and stayed longer. However, I can see how this would be drying and sticky for someone with normal to dry eyelids and lips, or with someone with fair skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

SA recommended this to me after I complained about makeup always smudging after a night out, leaving me to look like a raccoon. She put this on my lids on top of Anti-Shine and then did a smoky eye with tons of eyeshadow/mascara... It looked great! I went out for my 21st birthday that night and at the end of the night, my makeup wasn't perfect but I didn't look crazy & raccoon-eyed. Never do my eye makeup without this now.

edit: decided that it wasn't worth it to purchase this again since I never use the lip side, found similar primers that do the trick. continued >>

on 4/19/2007 12:48:00 AM

After I looked at all the negative reviews on this site, i still decided to give this a try. The result turned out great! The lip part reduced the color of my lips so when i put lipgloss on my lips just looks like the color of the lipgloss. The lid part can be used as a consealer because it has a yellow tone to it. It also keeps eyeshadow in place really well. This product takes a little time and patience to try out all the ways you could use it to achieve the full effect. The quantity is very little but it lasts really long. And! I love the pakaging of all products from smashbox. So professional!

on 10/26/2004 3:45:00 AM

This is double ended - one side is an eye base, kind of like Benefit's FYEye, and the other a lipstick base. Both are skin colored, and I haven't really use the lip part, but the eye base works beautifully! It really makes your shadow stay on all day, even through my workout!

on 5/15/2003 6:42:00 PM

I'm actually liking this product! For both the lip and the lid, I put some on my finger then smudge on (luckily a nice lady that was also making a purchase recommended this to me AND said the lip side goes a long way, so just apply a teeny bit). The lid primer makes my e/s last all day, and evens out my skintone nicely. I don't use the lip side as much, but it does help my glosses stay on longer. Not bad stuff, plus it's very compact, which is a huge plus for me.

I used the lid primer as it's supposed to be used, spread in a thin layer with fingers and set with a fine dusting of powder before applying eyeshadow. I have oily eyelids and so this didn't work that well throughout the day for me. I'll have to use a mattifier first, then the primer and see how it holds up. I'll come back and edit for that part.
The lip primer is a different story; I love it! It's great in lieu of a lip liner, or if you want more drama with a dark lip, you can still use a liner and it's not mucked up nor clownish. I just apply a thin layer around my lip line, then use the pad of my ring finger to gently blend the product over my lips, gently pushing the product into my lip lines. That way there is the thinnest amount of product and the most natural effect. It keeps my lip color on with no bleeding and gives me a soft looking lip.