no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

Beautiful, medium frosty complex color. Sort of a light bronzed plum. Anyway, looks nice on my NW25 skin and unpigmented lips, not too dark or light. Sexy! But it is drying, like other Stila lippies.

About reviewer (734 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

To me, this color is a metallic, slightly pink bronze. I have fair skin with cool undertones and it actually looks great on me when I didn't think I could pull it off. It goes with just about everything I wear (anything but yellow or orange). It can be very dark or light, depending on how much you put on. During the day I put it on gently to use it as sheer color with some gloss over it and at night I can darken it up and go for a very vampy look. This is a color I hope Stila always carries, as I have to own at least one at all times. I know that a lot of people complain about the cardboard tube it comes in, but of all of the Stila lipsticks I own, none of them have ever got any dents, scratches, or peels. If they're cardboard then they're biodegradable.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

13 years ago

I originally got this because Melissa was in the Blue Orchid palette and I have similar eye and cheek colors. I really liked the color, but not the coverage/texture. Found the key for me is to put lip balm on first so the coverage is more sheer and less frosty. Now I love. Would give a 5 if they changed the texture.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

13 years ago

I discovered this lipstick in Stila's Blu Orchid Palette. It's not a color I would normally purchase for myself b/c in terms of lipstick, I tend to like darker pinkish brown colors. This one is more of a shimmery rose (sephora.com describes it as: a pinky bronze shimmer) that would look good on medium skin tones. I usually wear this color for work b/c it is subtle and polished. I layer it with Stila's Apricot Lip Gloss at night. On a side note, I am also glad Stila got rid of that flimsy cardboard packaging. I went out a bought the full-sized tube last week.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

13 years ago

Melissa is a dense, somewhat dry, frosty rose/bronze/mauve shade. I've had it forever, but I never used it because I thought it was too dark. However, I've recently begun using it every day with light eye makeup, and I like the dry texture because it's long-lasting, even through drinking water and eating salad, and it doesn't smear. I now think this is a beautiful color, and I'm excited to try more Stila lipsticks because I like Melissa and Darcy so much.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

15 years ago

I really like the color of this, but it has a very dry texture to it. I'm also not so crazy about the packaging...it's in a cardboard tube. It really is a beautiful color, but I don't think I would repurchase. I think I can find something similar with a better texture.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

16 years ago

I LOVE this color! It really works with every lip liner I own. If I use a deep pink liner, the color shows up a frosty plum with some bronze shimmer. If I use a warmer toned liner in say a brownish red, the lip color shows up coppery with red hues. Very versatile!

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesGreen

2.0

17 years ago

Very pretty coppery/plum/bronze in the tube, a deeper more bronzey version of MAC "O", but much much too frosty.

About reviewer (378 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry

HairBlack

from

18 years ago

This color has gotten some negative reviews from others like me who have fair skin. I use this color exclusively to liven up other colors. It make a beautiful mix with all sorts of other lipstick colors. This color on top of an ordinary lipstick makes a very nice evening look with lots of glamour.

About reviewer (821 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0

18 years ago

A high shimmer, copper rose...much more copper than rose. I have a fair, neutral complexion and I didn't care for this color on me...too frosty and too warm. Thankfully it was RIS so I didn't blow cash on it, but that is what is great about swapping.

About reviewer (198 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium