MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.4

on 5/4/2017 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Kinda Sexy is a pretty good lipstick, the salmon nude color doesn't wash me out and goes well with lots of different looks. Lasts a decent amount of time too. I'm not a big fan of the matte finish though since it can look uneven on the lips and does tend to dry them out if worn or reapplied often.
I wear it occasionally with smokey eyes over a thick layer of Reve de miel by Nuxe. Also prefer to dab it on instead if swiping since it provides plenty of pigment anyway and looks less thick/more even this way.
Beautiful lipstick but hardly a staple for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The ultimate warm-toned nude, barely-there color that manages to pull a look together without overpowering the face. Depending on your skintone, this color can fall anywhere from YLBB to a pale nude.

On me, it is around the same color as my lips but a bit peachier. There isn't much pink in this, but it is playing around somewhere in there. I generally don't lean toward anything even veering toward orange with my lip colors, but this is a surprisingly natural look, and when I pair it with a neutral lipliner it deepens it a bit and tones down the peachiness somewhat.

Because it is matte, it goes on fully opaque and lasts a decent length of time. It is not drying on me, but for best results apply chapstick first. I think the price is fine for what you're getting, it is a good quality lipstick and wears well. Is it leaps and bounds better than the Revlon or Maybelline matte formulas? No, but it's still a good formula and if you happen to like the color and enjoy MAC, I would highly recommend.

on 3/25/2015 6:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I didn't like this lipstick at first but later when I paired it with a brown lipliner and peachy/light coral eyes I fell in love. I love orangey colors on me and this looks just gorgeous, it gives the right sparkle to my face and makes my green eyes stand out. I also love the matte finish which is together with satin my favourite by mac.

on 1/29/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. First of I just want to say Kinda sexy is a gorgeous colour. What lets this lipstick down for me is the very dry matte finish of it. It looks beautiful when I first put it on but after about 3 hours of wear on me it starts to go sort of clumpy and patchy on my lips and I get the really gross white rim on the inside of my lips (which I don't get with any of my other lipsticks) and it just looks really quite disgusting after 2 or 3 hours of wear. If mac ever came out with a limited edition satin version of this I would buy 5 of them because as I said already I love love the colour of this and it looks amazing with copper hair! On me it is a peachy terracotta vintage nude. I ended up buying Mac's Half n half lipstick (amplified) as a replacement for this one because I just can't wear Kinda sexy due to the matte finish of it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The only reason I'm saying I wouldn't buy this lipstick again is that it's just too expensive, in my opinion. Kinda Sexy is a great name, and the product lives up to it. It's a neutral pink that's very easy to wear. When I got it, it was actually more brown than I was expecting. It looks great when you're wearing reds, greens, or going for a natural look. It's long-lasting, but a little drying. I have to wear lipgloss over it so the cracks in my lips don't show. For a higher-end lipstick, I expect the product itself to be good for my skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This lipstick is great, really smooth to apply, long lasting and it smells really nice too, (quite rare for lipstick). Only downside is when applied the color is a lot lighter than it looks, however I love the color anyway :).

on 9/27/2011 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

For starters i'm super picky when it comes to nude lipsticks and with that being said, I'm really happy that I decided to purchase this color. I think i may be in love :) It looks amazing against my skintone. It shows up as a very flattering light pinky/beige nude shade on my lips. Looks great with smokey eyes or just as an everyday color. I'm kinda surprised with how much i like this lipstick because i'm not one to swoon over pinks.....very rare. I also love the matte consistency...stays on longer..love that. If you have tan to dark tan skin i'd highly recommend looking into Kinda Sexy.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am neutral toned, pale, with medium-pigmented lips, blonde highlighted hair, brown eyes. This is by far my favourite lipstick ever. I've had it for two weeks and have worn it every single day. I would describe the colour as a light dusty pink/peachy shade. No brown. With my colouring, it looks completely natural. It doesn't wash me out, doesn't give the concealer look, and yet is not bright and doesn't jump off my face. I wear a clear lip balm underneath as the finish is matte and can by drying. I usually wear lustres so had to get used to that. After a few days of wear, I had no problems whatsoever. This lipstick lasts through my coffee and morning snacks. I reapply after lunch, and it's still there when I get home from work hours later! As a further reference, my favourite lipstick until now was Hug Me. Others in my arsenal include Jubilee, Blankety, Curtsy, Sweetie, Mellow Flame, NARS Barbarella.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had this lipstick sitting in my make up case for over a year before I gave it a second look. I saw it described on MUA as "Playmate-ish" so I dug it out and gave it a try and I'm really glad I did because its awesome. Kinda Sexy is a combo of equal parts rose and nude that makes for a perfect lip color. I put gloss over EVERYTHING so I was hard for me to just let it sit on my lips all matte and "dry" but when I looked in the mirror the shade had such a nice effect, pretty but not to over the top....basically kinda sexy just like its name. Later I added gloss and that made it look even hotter. Also I have used this as a cream blush and it looks great, since its matte it never makes me feel greasy or anything. I don't find the formula too drying but I always use balm under and gloss over so maybe thats why. Kinda Sexy could become a staple...we will see.