Smashbox Transparencies - Expose

No Image

3.8

on 1/12/2008 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The texture of this is lovely, as others have mentioned. It is a very light, springy mousse that comes in a small pot. The concept is similar to NARS' Multiples, but I personally find Multiples more versatile. I've only tried this color, which is a shimmery bronze, but it doesn't look good as a lipcolor, is a little too oily and shimmery for a blush, and on lids it creases almost instantly. As a highlighter I like it, but even then it's not the best I've used. A very cute idea and I'm sure many love it, but I found it to be an unnecessary product.

on 4/22/2005 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

First of all, the texture of these transparencies is the weirdest thing ever. It's like a mix between a sponge and a mousse. Very bizarre, but in a good way. Smashing Expose is a sheer, shimmery (but not frosty), bronze color. Can be used on eyes, cheeks, and lips...however it creased on my lids within an hour and I'm not crazy about it on my lips personally. As a highlighter on the face it is very pretty. I just apply it to the usual places you apply bronzer...cheekbones, forehead, etc. Beautiful spring/summer color. Looks awesome with a coral cheek and lip. I got it in a swap and like it, but probably wouldn't buy it again.

on 3/1/2005 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I'm a fan of these Transparencies. On my NC45 complexion, Expose is a gorgeous, sheer, subtly shimmery bronze shade. I use it alone on my cheekbones for a bronzy "summery" look, or else as a highlighter. The mousse texture sinks right into the skin and doesn't feel heavy at all. I took off one b/c it's a TINY pot for $18. But a little goes a long way, so I don't think I'll run out too quickly.

on 9/18/2004 2:54:00 PM

Absolutely gorgeous! Peachy bronze, similar to NARS' South Beach Multiple in color, but with that cool spongy-mousse texture that only Smashbox has. Retails $18 for a very small pot.