The Body Shop Loose Face Powder

The Body Shop Loose Face Powder
Loose Face Powder

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Silica, PTFE, Boron Nitride, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

The shade I use is 03 - not sure how dark it is in the original shade range, but I think it would suit most Asians with light-medium skin tone & warm/neutral undertone.
Originally I bought this to test if it's gonna stand HD Photography - and somehow it succeeds. It may not give a smooth look like MUFE HD setting powder, though, but the coverage on camera is okay. It's also useful for daily touch-up.
The powder texture is light, and it looks rather pinkish when I first tried. However, once applied, it blends well with your skin tone, so you don't need to worry. It helps reduce shine in my T-zone during sweatiest days, but it would wear off as soon as you start sweating again, so you'll need to apply this powder frequently.
Definitely not my favorite, but it's quite handy.

on 6/17/2014 3:28:00 AM

I've been using this product since I was in early high school and now I almost get my bachelor degree. I always use shade 02. Bought this from time to time and the last time I bought it costs around US$25. I actually always feel guilty to my mom for demanding this product regularly due to its price but I secretly sure she understand that I already can't move on from this loose powder. When I was 15 my mom's beauty advicer told me that I shouldn't use a compact powder because of my skin type, and because I was so young, she recommended TBS as the product I should try because she considered it as the safest one.

This product is a daily need for me now. I can't go outside without this. I don't mind it's shimmering but one thing I still being uncomfortable for years is that sometimes it can spill when you open it, especially when it's new. I always need to work with my sticky tape about that :)

But overall for me this product is great.

on 11/6/2013 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I tried this product first time and very impressed with the quality.

on 9/19/2013 1:10:00 AM

This loose powder had quite large holes which made it deposit large amounts of powder if i shook it (i simply closed all the other holes except for one with clear tape to fix that problem), it gave a nice very very very subtle effect that made you look like you had healthy glowing skin, although i must say it doesn't last very long on oily/combo skin (around 3 hours) and it doesn't give coverage (so it's more of a finishing powder or a powder fit for people with great skin conditions) at around $19 for 14g this product is quite pricey, but it's worth it if you're looking for a natural, not cakey, subtle healthy glowing look- i got this product in shade 03 (another con is how little range of shades they have of this loose powder)

on 5/27/2013 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Unfortunately just found out this broke me out. Whether it's powder or dust, it broke me out terribly even with intervals. It's sad cos it is only 1/4 used. But packaging was hell. Powder flew everywhere. I tried shaking abit, still rained on me. Tried lighthandedly with my brush, still as messy. Sad. :(

on 4/18/2013 7:03:00 AM

It works perfectly well with my liquid foundation. It doesn't make my makeup looks cakey,it absorbs oil well,makes my skin glows too. The price is suitable with its quality.

I am not a big fan of foundations, I only conceal my dark circles and put loose face powder on my face to cover especially my t-zone coz this is where my face gets oily most. This powder doesnt last more than an hour or two, then my face starts to shine and gets oily. It has a medium coverage which feels light on your skin.
Overall I would buy this product again IF it would keep my face from getting oily, coz I like the medium coverage and the lightweight of it. I also like the packing, since I am quite clumsy and the powder fell down a couple of times but it didnt break. Also the lid can be used as mirror.
But since it doenst stop my face from getting oily and the Body Shop products are quite pricey, I will not repurchase this powder coz for that price, the product didnt convince me and I believe I can find a powder which works better for me for a cheaper price.