4.6

$19.00 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

3 months ago

This red is a godsend on my yellow undertoned skin. I’m fair skinned with yellow-neutral undertones but I definitely pull more yellow when it comes to red lipstick. It took me forever to find my perfect red because I kept trying to make blue reds work for me but they all pull so pink on me - I remember trying Ruby Woo and Russian Red in store and they looked absolutely horrendous on me. A very helpful Mac employee tried Chili on me after none of those worked, and although it looked very intimidatingly dark orange in the tube, on me it’s the closest I’ve ever gotten to a “true red” lipstick. I haven’t found a red lipstick I’ve liked as much as this one.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

3.0

3 months ago

This is nice, intense and on me terribly dark. I'm not big on dark lipsticks and this is the darkest one I've ever owned. While I love a good brick red, I can't see myself in public with such an intensely dark brown/red. I was sorely disappointed when I put this on. I love the formula of the matte lipsticks even though they make my lips dry as the desert. I also have dark pigmented lips and pale beige skin and usually look best in warm tones brownish or orange lipsticks and had high hopes for this one. I got the mini version but I may give this away. It's just so dark! I want a lighter version of this shade.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

from

5 months ago

This MAC staple has been around a while and I really didn't need another lipstick but bought a mini and i love it. Its a medium browny/red and it allays my fear of red (special occasion) to an everyday professional look. Like all MAC lipsticks, it is drying.

About reviewer (238 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Medium

EyesGreen

7 months ago

A good light orangey red listed as "copper" but can go on as red if you have pigmented lips. It ranges from light dull orange on some to brick red (on me.) Flattering even if you have neutral or cool tone skin. I don't look good in blue reds. I can wear brown reds like Viva Glam 1 and this looks great on me too. It will make your teeth look more yellow (hence one lippy off) but if you can't wear bright reds, try this one. Probably one reason it's a best seller. Lighter and duller than Lady Danger and less dark red than Russian Red. Less brown and lighter than Viva Glam 1. Says "matte" but it's a satiny matte and not drying, compared to Ruby Woo which is very dry.

About reviewer (246 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

a year ago

If you are warm toned and light-medium, medium, or medium dark, then please stop what you are doing and go order this lipstick. I have at least 25 different MAC lipsticks, but for whatever reason passed up Chili time and time again. Last week I finally ordered a tube last minute with my Nordstrom order. I WISH I had purchased this last year for Fall because it is the perfect autumn shade of red! I mean, I'll wear this any season, but it definitely screams October pumpkin spice latte to me. I'm NC25 and I swear this shade brightens my whole face. I love a bold red lip, but what's so odd to me about Chili is it doesn't seem so bold. Most red lips demand a night out or a party or something dressy, and yet Chili doesn't seem so formal. Hopefully you understand what I mean. Like Ruby Woo is attention grabbing and sexy (can lipsticks be sexy??). Lady Danger is BOLD and IN YOUR FACE. Diva and Retro are vampy and femme fatale. But Chili is like nonchalantly saying "yeah I'm here, you see me, and you know I look good". It doesn't require a particular look or attire or setting. It's so complimentary to my skin tone that I feel like I could wear it with jeans or with a dress. Chili is a matte, but it isn't as matte as Ruby Woo or Relentlessly Red (both can be drying). It's consistency is more like Velvet Teddy, Mehr, and Taupe. It spreads evenly and smoothly, is quite opaque, and doesn't require a lip balm, although you'll probably use one anyway. I never thought I'd like a MAC red lipstick as much as Ruby Woo (which looks good on pretty much everyone) until I purchased Chili. If you're cool toned or very fair-skinned, I'm not sure Chili will be complementary. However, for warm tones, especially in the medium skin shades, this is such a great brick red that isn't too dark and isn't too orange. I believe Chili wouldn't be too light to wash out ladies with brown, ebony, and chocolate skin tones, but I'm not completely sure. I definitely recommend! Wish I purchased sooner!

About reviewer (68 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

I thought this would be a nice orangey red but I guess it depends on your skin tone, on my olive toned skin it appears to be a bright red not much orange! Formula is nice, creamy, sets to a matte but not drying but I prefer glossy lips so I tend to top it up.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

Chili is Mac's best-selling lipstick of all time--11 are bought every minute globally. (I love trivia, especially about makeup.)???? I think the other famous Mac reds--Ruby Woo and Russian Red-- are beautiful on other people, but they just don't look great on fair-medium, warm, blond moi. But enter Chili and I am in burnt-orange heaven. (Go Longhorns!) I find it easy to apply from the tube with no liner and can't believe that I can pull off such a bold lipstick. Chili is just perfect. Everybody needs a red hippie in their stash and Chili is my holy grail. As many bold/dark colors are, it is a matte and applies smoothly and wears well. But if it didn't I would love it anyway and just have fun reapplying. Chili is a real winner! You probably need it. ???? Respectfully submitted, colormepink

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

A very special '90s-flashback matte rusty red that's still relevant as hell today. The only reason I'm not giving this 5 lippies is that orangey shades like this make my teeth look yellower than they are. It's not MAC's fault-- but it's the reason I only reach for Chili every so often. Other than the teeth thing, Chili looks fantastic against my light golden-toned skin and auburn hair. Would not recommend this shade at all for cool-toned ladies-- it's for yellow undertones only! It is the classic MAC matte formulation, so it is extremely opaque, does not bleed outside the lipline, and does feel pretty dry on the lips once it sets. However, it's not going to give you that parched, pucker-mouth look some matte lippies can. Ultimately, I find Viva Glam I just a tiny bit more flattering overall, so I tend to prefer that one for my matte red lip look. For comparison, VGI is about the same level of "darkness" as Chili, but has more neutral undertones (ie, brown but not orange). But, if you have perfectly white teeth and warm skin tone you may absolutely FLIP over Chili!

About reviewer (229 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

2 years ago

A red that’s not garish on fair skin

About reviewer (8 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

Of all my MAC lipsticks, this one is my favourite. I was surprised because I don't gravitate toward brick red or rust shades. This is so unique that it's hard to describe but I'll just say Chili is a perfect name for it. It is reminiscent of red chili powder. It's more brown than red or orange. The texture is both creamy and substantial so it stays perfectly applied for a long time. I used to want only wine colours and wore Dubonnet for years. Recently I wanted something reminiscent of the brownish hues of the 90s and I got both Paramount and Chili. I love them both but this is slightly less dramatic and brown than Paramount. I alternate them. MAC lipsticks are so excellent. By the way, I am always complimented when I wear either Chili or Paramount. They are so very flattering. I may wear other shades and other brands, but if I look at pictures of myself wearing these I can easily see why people think they are so beautiful. They definitely are!

About reviewer (242 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool