LUSH Cosmetic Warrior Mask

LUSH Cosmetic Warrior Mask

3.5

Kaolin , Fresh Green Grapes (Vitis vinifera) , Fresh Free Range Eggs , Honey (Mel) , Cornstarch (Zea mays) , Glycerine , Fresh Garlic (Allium sativum) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , *Limonene , Perfume

After seeing so much praise that this face mask gets, I've decided to give it a try. I have a sensitive skin that's not very prone to breakouts, but I get a pimple or two before my period starts and that's why I purchased this product, because at the age of 24 I am tired of pimples for the rest of my life.
After applying the mask at first I felt a burning sensation, but I thought it's normal so I kept it for 15 minutes as I was instructed by the Lush employee, and after rinsing it out my face was red and covered in lumps that later resulted in a complete pimple disaster, my chin and forehead looked like a minefield. I couldn't believe the disaster I was witnessing, after all the good reviews I've seen online, this was my first and last Lush product I will ever try.
To conclude, if you have a sensitive skin, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T BUY THIS FACE MASK!!!

on 8/18/2017 1:13:00 PM

I love this mask and regret not repurchasing it immediately. For me it definitely reduced pimples, brightened and just flat out worked wonders. I kind of love the smell, kind of don't. It reminds me of the smell of an old basement and of course, garlic. I feel like people should stop judging Lush skin care so much by the smell because the products aren't initially made for sniffing, although many of them smell amazing. I also don't know if some people realize that the fresh face masks are supposed to be stored in the fridge; this one for example contains fresh eggs, so no wonder why some people's face masks seem dodgy.

This worked great for my hormonal acne breakout and I hope to repurchase it as soon as possible. I've tried about 7 different entire Lush face masks and this is in my top 2. All of them are made for different purposes but I feel like this really helps calming down pimples, cooling, feeding and freshing out the complexion. I feel like after a few weeks of not using it my skin's gotten worse again, so I can't wait to get my hands back on Cosmetic Warrior!

on 6/26/2017 4:15:00 AM

The smell was overwhelming.. couldn't put on my whole face so tried to use it as a spot treatment overnight. Did nothing to shrink the pimples so wouldn't purchase again..

on 8/2/2017 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This mask smells bad.

If you can get past that, this mask is great! With consistent use I saw an overall brightening effect with my skin, with a dramatic decease of any pimples I had. Since it's brightening it has also helped with my hyper-pigmentation from acne scars, it's a staple in my skin care routine despite the steep price tag.

on 6/28/2017 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So, I'm currently on my second trial of this mask. I first tried it back in April of 2015, and I loved it. It worked wonders for my skin and helped with my acne dramatically. Now, I'm trying it in June 2017 and it's really not cutting it for me. I'm not sure if the formula changed or if maybe I got a bad batch, but it isn't helping my skin at all to justify the price. It's near $10 for about 10 uses of the mask, which is really expensive for me. Not worth it.

on 4/16/2017 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i think i must have gotten a werid batch bc mine smells MUCH more like tea tree than garlic..

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite lush mask ever! I've had a very oily skin with bad acne and this worked really good for my problems, It calmed down my oily skin and really minimized pores, especially after using this for a few times. The bad smell is defenitely worth the result. I keep repurchasing this and it never lets me down.

on 7/21/2016 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First of all, I just need to mention that I can never be 100% sure what improves my skin and not, since I use so many different products in my skin care routine. But this is what I believe, feel and think about this product!

The big elephant in the room is the scent. It's not pleasant at all... To me, it smells like raw eggs. In the beginning it smelled more like tea tree, but at the end of the jar (like the few days before it got old) it smelled eggs. But since I have had acne, and I know how much it sucks, I would literally put something that smells like vomit on my face to get those zits away.

I really like that you keep it in the fridge, it feels so soothing and calming when you apply it to the skin. Personally, I apply all my face masks with a brush because a) it feels more luxurious b) it doesn't get as messy c) it's much more sanitary. It looks kind of grey in the beginning but then it dries down to a more transparent look (you can still obviously see it). It's easy to rinse off and it doesn't leave my skin irritated or red in any way, shape or form. I use this almost daily, because it's so gentle that I don't break out and also it has such a short date and I don't want to waste any product.

My results: I really like it! I don't know why this isn't hyped. I mean, the mask of magnaminty is soooo super hyped, and that did absolutely... nothing for me. It just sat on the skin and didn't improve it at all. But I feel like this mask really helps me with keeping zits away, and just makes my face look a bit more healthy and glowy. My mother, who has mature, normal skin with out any acne at all also thought it gave a nice finish to the skin, but she only used it once. When I travel I can't bring this because it's fresh, and I feel like that is part of the reason why I break out. Try it! It's not that expensive and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't break anyone out.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Let me get this straight before I begin the review - the stench of garlic is so strong, you can literally ward vampires off with this mask on, seriously!

Now like the many, many, many other reviews on here that said that the stench is unbearable and it is gross and disgusting, I agree. However, the benefits of applying this mask for as long as your nose can handle does wonders for your skin!

So last week around the 3rd of September I tried the GlamGlow Super Mud treatment, hoping that it would help me clear out some of the excess oil from my skin (combo, acne prone skin here) - and the immediate after effects were great, loved it. Fast forward to the next day and the break outs start happening, fast forward to the Wednesday just past, my skin was blotchy, irritated and also covered in acne. Not whiteheads, and not cystic acne, but the ugly red ones that look like little volcanoes filled with puss if you burst them and can leave some ugly ass blemishes after they go away, sort of like a sign telling you "I will be back".

I was pretty devastated because I had this intensive skincare routine that was doing wonders for my skin and my skin was SMOOTH and acne free, I only had those blemishes to deal with. I was and still am literally kicking myself for trying something new and then *beeping* ruining my skin and bringing it back to square one. ANYWAYS I went to Lush and was explaining to one of the girls my dilemma, and she recommended Cosmetic Warrior. Having garlic and tea tree extracts as the main active ingredient, I knew it would be great for my skin, and I was anticipating that the smell of it was going to be bad, but I was like "what the hell, what do I have to lose?" So I tried it.

I have been applying a copious amount of the Cosmetic Warrior all over my most troubled areas (all of my cheeks and my temples) and also on my nose for safe measure every night since I purchased it (Wednesday just past) and that today (Saturday, 10th September), exactly one week later, MOST of my acne is almost flat, the pigmentation is there, but I am not worried about that (yet). One at a time is my strategy and I am immensely impressed of how this disgusting smelly mask can help combat my stubborn acne in such a short period of time. It has also helped calm down my skin and my blotchy red parts are now gone (but I think that is also partial to the serums I apply at night - Chanel Le Blanc and also the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair).

Overall, this product is EVEN better than my Mario Badescu Drying Mask and that if I am visited by the lovely face demons coming to haunt my ever so sensitive skin, I will bel stampeding back into Lush and getting Cosmetic Warrior and fight those pesky buggers away and banish them (for a short period of time) out of my skin!

A bazillion stars from me on this product. Everyone should try it, despite the stench.

on 1/3/2017 6:39:00 PM

I've only started using lush face masks recently, and I currently have four that I've used, but this is my favorite!

The smell is admittedly bad, like garlic, but it works wonders. It helps with the oily parts of my face and calms down acne breakouts super well, along with preventing them. For skin types that aren't SUPER oily, you shouldn't use this mask more than 3-4 times a week or it could cause some serious drying, but it's amazing for cleansing and tightening pores.

Lush is my favorite skincare brand because I have sensitive skin, and I love how they use no harsh chemicals and very few ingredients but still work very well. Their products never make my skin worse, like many brands that use more chemicals can.

The packaging is great, would buy again!