LUSH Cosmetic Warrior Mask

LUSH Cosmetic Warrior Mask

3.6

Kaolin , Fresh Green Grapes (Vitis vinifera) , Fresh Free Range Eggs , Honey (Mel) , Cornstarch (Zea mays) , Glycerine , Fresh Garlic (Allium sativum) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , *Limonene , Perfume

Let me get this straight before I begin the review - the stench of garlic is so strong, you can literally ward vampires off with this mask on, seriously!

Now like the many, many, many other reviews on here that said that the stench is unbearable and it is gross and disgusting, I agree. However, the benefits of applying this mask for as long as your nose can handle does wonders for your skin!

So last week around the 3rd of September I tried the GlamGlow Super Mud treatment, hoping that it would help me clear out some of the excess oil from my skin (combo, acne prone skin here) - and the immediate after effects were great, loved it. Fast forward to the next day and the break outs start happening, fast forward to the Wednesday just past, my skin was blotchy, irritated and also covered in acne. Not whiteheads, and not cystic acne, but the ugly red ones that look like little volcanoes filled with puss if you burst them and can leave some ugly ass blemishes after they go away, sort of like a sign telling you "I will be back".

I was pretty devastated because I had this intensive skincare routine that was doing wonders for my skin and my skin was SMOOTH and acne free, I only had those blemishes to deal with. I was and still am literally kicking myself for trying something new and then *beeping* ruining my skin and bringing it back to square one. ANYWAYS I went to Lush and was explaining to one of the girls my dilemma, and she recommended Cosmetic Warrior. Having garlic and tea tree extracts as the main active ingredient, I knew it would be great for my skin, and I was anticipating that the smell of it was going to be bad, but I was like "what the hell, what do I have to lose?" So I tried it.

I have been applying a copious amount of the Cosmetic Warrior all over my most troubled areas (all of my cheeks and my temples) and also on my nose for safe measure every night since I purchased it (Wednesday just past) and that today (Saturday, 10th September), exactly one week later, MOST of my acne is almost flat, the pigmentation is there, but I am not worried about that (yet). One at a time is my strategy and I am immensely impressed of how this disgusting smelly mask can help combat my stubborn acne in such a short period of time. It has also helped calm down my skin and my blotchy red parts are now gone (but I think that is also partial to the serums I apply at night - Chanel Le Blanc and also the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair).

Overall, this product is EVEN better than my Mario Badescu Drying Mask and that if I am visited by the lovely face demons coming to haunt my ever so sensitive skin, I will bel stampeding back into Lush and getting Cosmetic Warrior and fight those pesky buggers away and banish them (for a short period of time) out of my skin!

A bazillion stars from me on this product. Everyone should try it, despite the stench.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite lush mask ever! I've had a very oily skin with bad acne and this worked really good for my problems, It calmed down my oily skin and really minimized pores, especially after using this for a few times. The bad smell is defenitely worth the result. I keep repurchasing this and it never lets me down.

To Read all 218 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/21/2016 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First of all, I just need to mention that I can never be 100% sure what improves my skin and not, since I use so many different products in my skin care routine. But this is what I believe, feel and think about this product!

The big elephant in the room is the scent. It's not pleasant at all... To me, it smells like raw eggs. In the beginning it smelled more like tea tree, but at the end of the jar (like the few days before it got old) it smelled eggs. But since I have had acne, and I know how much it sucks, I would literally put something that smells like vomit on my face to get those zits away.

I really like that you keep it in the fridge, it feels so soothing and calming when you apply it to the skin. Personally, I apply all my face masks with a brush because a) it feels more luxurious b) it doesn't get as messy c) it's much more sanitary. It looks kind of grey in the beginning but then it dries down to a more transparent look (you can still obviously see it). It's easy to rinse off and it doesn't leave my skin irritated or red in any way, shape or form. I use this almost daily, because it's so gentle that I don't break out and also it has such a short date and I don't want to waste any product.

My results: I really like it! I don't know why this isn't hyped. I mean, the mask of magnaminty is soooo super hyped, and that did absolutely... nothing for me. It just sat on the skin and didn't improve it at all. But I feel like this mask really helps me with keeping zits away, and just makes my face look a bit more healthy and glowy. My mother, who has mature, normal skin with out any acne at all also thought it gave a nice finish to the skin, but she only used it once. When I travel I can't bring this because it's fresh, and I feel like that is part of the reason why I break out. Try it! It's not that expensive and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't break anyone out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't care about the smell! I have very sensitive skin that breaks out if I use the wrong product but as soon as I started using this mask all my pimples cleared up and it was amazing! I have never had a mask work so well on me. I'm currently on my way to buying some more. BEST. THING. EVER.

on 12/29/2015 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have had cystic acne since my teens. I'm 22 now and still get some here and there that time of the month. When I got cosmetic warrior I wasn't expecting it to do much for my acne but a day after using it I noticed even my large cystic bumps calmed down majorly and by two days they were almost gone. I've never see a product do this for my skin, the tee tree oil makes my skin a bit dry but I have vanishing cream which works wonders. Love it love it love it!

My favorite LUSH mask!! This mask does more for me than any other mask out there. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and clean and although I don't usually get pimples, it washes away all imperfections. My only complaint would be the smell, but I've gotten used to it

I was recommended this brand when I went into lush last Friday now I have tried the catastrophe one and it smelled good but did not see a difference especially with my oily skin and acne prone. I have a bad habit of picking especially when I have to wear heavy makeup so I am red at the end of the day. But this mask is a life saver I first use my angels on bare skin my HG Cleanser and then my face mask granted the smell at first is not pleasant but you get use to it especially after you wash it off and see the difference. I have used it every night and normally a face mask is supposed to last 2 weeks and I am getting a new one today so for me its a week I am so addicted to this. It is beyond amazing when I wake up the hugh pimples I had are gone and the redness on my face has calm down. So if you have oily or even combination skin I definitely recommend angels on bare skin cleanser and then cosmetic warrior as your face mask. Today I am going to purchase tea tree toner and the expensive vanishing cream moisturizer I will give you a update.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

SMELLS HORRIBLE! but it works amazingly

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is actually my first lush product, and have been using for about 1.5 weeks now. I went to Lush looking for something hydrating, despite me having oily skin. I was recommended by the staff that this is one of the products that most of the staff used themselves.

First thing that hits me after purchasing, was the smell. It smells really bad, like garlic with raw egg whites (even though they did say that those are the ingredients). I tried it while having a hangover, and boy, the smell made me gag! I couldn't get past the 10 mins mark. However, the smell can be gotten used to, so now, I have no problem with it (not my favourite smell tbh), just don't use it after a night of partying.

I was also advised to use it within 2-3 weeks, since this is made by all natural ingredients, 1-2 times a week. However, I have been using it everyday, slathering it on my face quite generously, I'm still only halfway through it. So in my opinion, really value for money!

In terms of effect, this is not a miracle cure. Meaning if I had a huge pimple, it will not be gone the next day. It does however, seem to soothe it so it just isn't as red. Washing it off is also relatively easy, and you get that really moisturized feeling on your face. Even though this is moisturizing, I would recommend a moisturizer after, since this has clay in it. What I really like though, is that it controls oil like nobody's business! I used to have oily skin, but now, nope. I can say goodbye to midday shine!

Great product, will definitely purchase it again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm surprised that this mask is ranked so low! I love it! I'm new to the LUSH bonanza and purchased this fresh mask because it was described as being ideal for sensitive skin. Cosmetic Warrior makes my skin soft and my oil wells (aka pores) look lighter and smaller. I did notice that it dries quite quickly and the thick consistency makes the application a bit patchy-is that just with mine? Should I be stirring the mask before applying? When I put this on, I always have to add a little bit of water to make the application easier. Not a lot, just a few wet fingers. Oh, heads up- it dries slightly tight but I'm guessing that it's from the egg whites.

I read some reviews on this mask and other LUSH masks that they caused break outs and it makes me wonder if they were being used properly. All masks-from LUSH or anyone else- will cause breakouts if you don't wash your face first. Face masks are thick and sit on the face anywhere from 5-20 minutes (depending on the brand) so it's absolutely necessary to wash your face before use! Wearing a mask without washing your face is like putting on makeup without washing your face. You've got to get rid of the surface pollution first or else that mask is going to impact your pores. Not pretty.