Ivory Soap

Ivory Soap

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients: SODIUM TALLOWATE AND/OR SODIUM PALMATE, WATER, SODIUM COCOATE AND/OR SODIUM PALM KERNELATE, GLYCERIN, SODIUM CHLORIDE, FRAGRANCE, COCONUT ACID*, PALM KERNEL ACID*, TALLOW ACID*, PALM ACID*, TETRASODIUM EDTA.

on 10/22/2016 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I really like this soap. I've been using it for a year and switched to this because Cetaphil made my skin flake. I looked like I had dandruff on my face, but now my skin is back to normal. Ivory is cheap and I find that it cleanses my skin very well.

on 6/1/2016 10:44:00 AM

I used for many years switched to Dove last year now going back to Ivory my skin on my face feels horrible now and Ivory did not do that at all. Great product for my 69 yr old face. Never switching again.

To Read all 125 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/16/2016 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I actually use this soap to clean my makeup brushes. Not on my face or body so I can not give a review for that but they leave my brushes really clean and soft. It doesn't dry them out at all.

Even tho I like it I'm still looking for the best cheap soap for my brushes so I'm gonna try the Zote pink bar and the Dr Bronner one next and then revisit this review once I've made my choice.

I bought a three pack of ivory soap for a 1.30 because my friend uses it to wash her face and her complexion is amazing. I only used it once, and my face got really red (especially on my cheeks) and sensitive to touch. It looks and feels like I'm sunburned. However, I have extremely sensitive skin. If you have really oily skin or bad acne, I would recommend this (don't use on all your face, just acne zones). If you have fairly clear, sensitive skin, I would say it's best if you pass. However, with the price, you really aren't losing much money if you buy it and it doesn't work quite right for you.

This is my baby. I love it. But I will be honest: if your skin is dry, this will not be your friend.

I find that it lathers perfectly, smells lemony and clean, makes me feel clean, and doesn't dry out my skin. I wouldn't recommend this is if you had dry skin, but this works wonderfully for my sensitive skin. My favourite part of this is how nice and clean I feel afterward, and how smooth my skin is. The smell is very lemony, and it always seems to make me feel happy. Did I mention how delightfully cheap it is?

I don't use this as a hand soap, as it is a little too harsh for my hands. My hands are pretty trashed by the job I do, and this will just dry them even more.

Tip: Don't use this soap on a discoid rash, and don't get it in your eyes.

on 3/24/2015 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I adore Ivory soap! It has a very light, clean smell and you get tons of foamy bubbles when using a shower puff. I don't use it on my face, but I use it everywhere else and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I prefer to shower when using the Ivory bar soap because it leaves a type of scummy residue around the tub edges when you bathe with it. The scent reminds me of my childhood and I also use it when making DIY laundry detergent

on 1/18/2015 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this soap. Especially the scent. It has a fresh clean scent to it. The only downside to it is that it's not the best as far as moisturizing, which is why I don't use it on my lady parts. But overall I love it and it's super cheap...you can get a 3 pack at Walmart for about a dollar.

on 1/5/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've been battling acne for most of my adult life. Finding a cleanser that doesn't exasperate my acne, irritate my skin, that will play nice with my acne meds and remove all my makeup has been somewhat of a challenge. Ivory fits all the requirements. It lathers nicely, smells clean, removes all my makeup and doesn't break me out. Is it the sexiest cleanser out there? No. It never leaves my skin feeling tight and dry; just clean. And for the price it can't be beat.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

My mom swears by this stuff, and although I like it too, I can assure you there are far more better soaps out there.
It is very lightweight and not harsh on the skin. It doesn't have any exuberant properties from what I've read on the ingredient list so this doesn't target bacteria or anything; it is good for maintaining your skin's natural flora balance, which means this soap may not cause yeast infection in women after frequent use, (unlike Protex soap) which is good.
It has a faint fresh scent and it is NOT moisturizing at all. Every time I have used this soap my skin feels kind of dry so moisturizer is always necessary after showering.
For the cheap price this very basic soap is not that bad at all. You should give it a try!

on 11/19/2014 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This soap is very harsh on my dry skin. It exacerbates my eczema and leaves my skin very dry and itchy. It may work well for those with oily skin on their chest and back.