Ivory Soap

Ivory Soap

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients: SODIUM TALLOWATE AND/OR SODIUM PALMATE, WATER, SODIUM COCOATE AND/OR SODIUM PALM KERNELATE, GLYCERIN, SODIUM CHLORIDE, FRAGRANCE, COCONUT ACID*, PALM KERNEL ACID*, TALLOW ACID*, PALM ACID*, TETRASODIUM EDTA.

on 8/25/2017 10:18:00 AM

I've switched from Dove to Ivory. It smells so fresh and keeps my face clear without drying it out. A lot of people have said it is drying but I don't find it any more drying than Dove. My face broke out one day after using a different soap and I used Ivory that night and woke up without any acne. At $1 for 3 bars, this is a great bargain !!!

on 5/23/2017 10:03:00 AM

I have very sensitive skin, so sensitive in fact, that I'm typically chained to using baby products. I have tried just about every soap/cleanser recommended for sensitive skin, including Dove, Cetaphil, and just about every baby soap/cleanser on the market, and most either broke me out, or irritated my skin! I like to stick to Johnson & Johnson for all my shampoo, body wash, and lotion needs. However, I do like to have a good bar soap for the shower, and next to every sink in the house. That soap is Ivory! Ivory is gentle enough to use as a body wash, and even for facial cleansing on those sticky Alabama summer days. I love the fresh scent, how well it lathers, and the price is hard to beat! It can be a pinch drying, but I always slather myself with baby lotion as soon as I exit the shower, so that's not been an issue for me. If you are looking for a good, basic soap for the whole family, Ivory is your soap!

on 4/16/2016 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I actually use this soap to clean my makeup brushes. Not on my face or body so I can not give a review for that but they leave my brushes really clean and soft. It doesn't dry them out at all.

Even tho I like it I'm still looking for the best cheap soap for my brushes so I'm gonna try the Zote pink bar and the Dr Bronner one next and then revisit this review once I've made my choice.

on 3/26/2017 8:37:00 AM

Im trying out ivory and ivory with aloe and so far the regular ivory dries my face and leaves red patches on my cheeks but for my body its good i like how it lathers and has a clean feel. I like the ivory with aloe even more for my body. I get very itchy and ivory with aloe calmed that issue for me. I haven't used that one on my face yet though. I used to use olay bar soap for my face it was good but drying so now im trying out kirks castile soap and ivory for my face and so far kirks castile is winning. Both are drying but ivory dries my face more and kirks lathers with ease so face wise its kirks and body wise i think ill go stock up on ivory because its something about the bars that i like maybe the light airiness and the rich lather in the shower idk but it is a soap i overlooked all these years but its cheap price wise and good quality.

on 6/1/2016 10:44:00 AM

I used for many years switched to Dove last year now going back to Ivory my skin on my face feels horrible now and Ivory did not do that at all. Great product for my 69 yr old face. Never switching again.

on 10/22/2016 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I really like this soap. I've been using it for a year and switched to this because Cetaphil made my skin flake. I looked like I had dandruff on my face, but now my skin is back to normal. Ivory is cheap and I find that it cleanses my skin very well.

on 3/24/2015 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I adore Ivory soap! It has a very light, clean smell and you get tons of foamy bubbles when using a shower puff. I don't use it on my face, but I use it everywhere else and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I prefer to shower when using the Ivory bar soap because it leaves a type of scummy residue around the tub edges when you bathe with it. The scent reminds me of my childhood and I also use it when making DIY laundry detergent

on 1/18/2015 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this soap. Especially the scent. It has a fresh clean scent to it. The only downside to it is that it's not the best as far as moisturizing, which is why I don't use it on my lady parts. But overall I love it and it's super cheap...you can get a 3 pack at Walmart for about a dollar.

This is my baby. I love it. But I will be honest: if your skin is dry, this will not be your friend.

I find that it lathers perfectly, smells lemony and clean, makes me feel clean, and doesn't dry out my skin. I wouldn't recommend this is if you had dry skin, but this works wonderfully for my sensitive skin. My favourite part of this is how nice and clean I feel afterward, and how smooth my skin is. The smell is very lemony, and it always seems to make me feel happy. Did I mention how delightfully cheap it is?

I don't use this as a hand soap, as it is a little too harsh for my hands. My hands are pretty trashed by the job I do, and this will just dry them even more.

Tip: Don't use this soap on a discoid rash, and don't get it in your eyes.

I bought a three pack of ivory soap for a 1.30 because my friend uses it to wash her face and her complexion is amazing. I only used it once, and my face got really red (especially on my cheeks) and sensitive to touch. It looks and feels like I'm sunburned. However, I have extremely sensitive skin. If you have really oily skin or bad acne, I would recommend this (don't use on all your face, just acne zones). If you have fairly clear, sensitive skin, I would say it's best if you pass. However, with the price, you really aren't losing much money if you buy it and it doesn't work quite right for you.