LipSense Lipsense Color

LipSense  Lipsense Color

3.4

I was leery about trying lipsense because i had heard a couple bad reviews. To my surprise i love it! It really does stay on all day long. A tip i received was to gloss before eating and that will prevent it from coming off. Ive bought several colors and love them all. The only downfall is that the application process takes a little longer than just applying a coat of a regular lipstick or gloss, but to me its worth it because its not going anywhere the rest of the day.

on 5/31/2018 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm sorry but I just can't deal with the huge amounts of alcohol. I caved and bought 2 of these (and a gloss, which I like) from my cousin who, clearly, has been brainwashed by the Senegence company.

It' is not a tingle. It BURNS.

I tried Fire Opal and Bombshell - lovely colors, horrid formula.
I wish they were "regular" lipsticks so I could wear them without drying the f-outta my lips.

FAIL.

I was very excited at the chance to have a lip colour that wore all day as I struggle to find any that doesn’t fade with in a few hours. This however did not stay on my lips for more than an hour or so and was completely removed when I ate. This is with following the instructions and using all the suggested products. Furthermore, I used it for a few days in a row and my perfectly happy lips turned into a dry mess. I even started to develope sores on my lips! I haven’t had this issue since 4 years ago when I took accurate, and this product made my lips even worse than that did! Definitly not worth the price. I find the long-wear matte lips by maybelline perform WAY better, feel nicer on my lips and don’t cause any where near the same dryness.

I was very disappointed as the two colours I bought were beautiful and I’d heard so much about its staying power :( I even looked up vids on YouTube on how to make it stay longer and nothing worked! DO NOT BUY

There was so much hype with this product in my friend group that I of course had to try it.

I bought the top coat and the color "Nude". First off, I do love the color. The application though is not entirely enjoyable. There is a burning/tingling when applied to the lips. You will need about three coats to achieve the color, or mix and match with other colors as well.

The closest thing I can compare this too are alcohol activated palettes, such as the ones by skin illustrator for SFX makeup. Parallel between both: it does not come off until you want it to come off. The nude however since it is a neutral/brown color needed to be reapplied at points.

There is a special remover that lip sense offers, making this purchase a trio. Personally, I did not believe I would need it, and I did not. If you have a good make up remover, it will come off. It may take an extra few minutes. Save yourself an extra $20.00.

I only use lip sense when I go out to events where I won't really be able to reapply my makeup and rather not have to worry about it. You can eat and drink with it and apply the top coat every now and then to keep your lips hydrated.

Since this is an alcohol based product, it is important that you apply this top coat to your lips or they can potentially dry out. I made that mistake a couple weeks after the purchase and needed to use medicated chap stick to bring them back to health.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

WORST lipstick ever.. Will destroy your lips. I had chemical burns and chapped lips for a while after using this product. Not worth the money AT ALL. Don't fall for it :(

on 2/26/2018 11:52:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I loved the staying power of this lip color, but it ruined my lips! I followed all of the directions, and I used only their lip gloss, applying it constantly over a several week time period since that was supposed to cure the chapped, peeling, burning lips. I finally decided the staying power of the color was not worth my lips hurting and peeling like they were.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wish there was "Maybe" button when asking if I would buy again. I would use it for this product. I finally tried the Social Media famed Lipsense yesterday in Blu-Red. So far, I really like it. It definitely stays & I love the color! It smells pretty awful though & if you don't keep the Glossy Gloss on your lips, it also tastes pretty icky...like a bitter chemical taste. Thankfully, I haven't had any peeling issues. I'm not sure if it's because this is my first time using it or maybe it just won't be a problem for me. I have heard others complain about the peeling issue though & apparently the company & its distributers claim your lips go through an "exfoliation stage" due to the wax based products people use on their lips. That's a load of crap. The peeling is due to the alcohol content & anyone who understands the basics of anatomy will know that our lips are designed to exfoliate naturally. Wax can not stick to your lips for years. That is just a marketing ploy to lock customers into buying ONLY Senegence products.

Having said all that, I still really like this lipstick. A lot. If you can get past the extremely steep price, then it is definitely worth trying. I have found that people's opinions on this product are quite polarizing. So far, I think it's pretty great, but perhaps after wearing it longer, my opinion will change. Despite the homely packaging, smell, taste & steep price of this, I'm still giving this 4 lippies, because the lasting power makes up for all of that. Well, I don't know...maybe not the price. It is so expensive! :-( Anyhoo, I will update in a week or two to see if my rating still holds up.

*********************"UPDATE************************
Well, it's been about a week since I made this review & I am sad to say, my lips are a peeling, raw mess since I used this stuff. I have always had extremely healthy & soft lips and I have always taken good care of them. Just earlier today, a small piece of skin on my bottom lip peeled off & it is slightly raw underneath. I must say, I'm feeling quite a bit of discomfort at the moment. I'm trying not to smile, so my lips don't crack open any more than they already have. Ouch! This kind of thing has NEVER happened to me before & I'm really regretting ever trying the stuff. Yes, it has amazing lasting power, but if it destroys your lips in the process, then it probably isn't worth it. I'm really bummed out about this, but I won't be touching the stuff ever again. I'll just be over here nursing my poor lips back to health. 😔

on 1/21/2018 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

No way. I would never repurchase nor recommend LipSense to anyone. Not only did it dry my normally very well-moisturized and healthy lips to raisin-like texture, it irritated the skin around my lips to the point of stinging and redness. To add insult to injury, the color flaked off after 15 minutes. Before you hand over your hard-earned cash to that chick you knew in high school who’s selling this stuff on Facebook, ask yourself, “does it sound too good to be true?” Then, it probably is.

Please note that some of the highly rated reviews may be from Reps who sell Lipsense. For those who don't know, this brand is a multilevel marketing company. They often exploit those who sell and put a lot of pressure on reps to make a certain amount of money and keep a huge stock of products that may not sell.

The burning sensation of this lipstick is awful. There is no such thing as a product that takes off "years of waxy build up!" Using a sugar scrub will take away any sort of dead skin or product on your lips without spending $60 or burning your skin. I, personally, do not think a good lipstick needs all these weird claims.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Please don't waste your money. The packaging is a joke, looks like it came from the 90's. This formula is found in almost every alcohol-based lip product, that you apply a balm over. It'll burn your lips if there's any exposed sensitive area because of the alcohol, and if there aren't any exposed tender areas, then it'll just melt through that top layer to "stain" that lower layer of your lip. This kind of formula is TERRIBLE for your lips. Even if you do use the gloss, it's just to mitigate the awful process.

The worst part is how the reps call it a "process" and act like it's the products that you've been using your whole life that have caused a wax buildup and now Lipsense is "freeing you" or whatever. No. It's a frick-ton of alcohol. Destroying your lip tissue.

Even with all that said - the lip color might work flawlessly in the videos, but in real life, often it doesn't hold up. It performs pretty much like Rimmel's Provocalips. Which is a fraction of the cost.

Honestly, this Lipsense thing is such a huge scam, and I can't wait for the trend in selling this utter garbage to die. 0/10