LipSense Lipsense Color

LipSense  Lipsense Color

3.8

on 3/22/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, let me start off by saying I have the worlds dryest lips. Kat Von D is my go to liquid lipstick but my lips shrivel like a raisin. I got 1 color of lipsense (Bella), glossy gloss and oops remover. Now it did burn the first 4 days I applied it. But my lips were so dry that I wasn't surprised. My color lasted about 4 hours and would fade in the waterline. No problem touch up and glossy gloss and go. No transfer to anything. My lips did peel starting the 1st day minor nothing major no clumping and after about 2 weeks it stopped. Now my lips are not as crinkled, not chapped and feel healthy. My lipsense now last 14 hours without touch up. I continued using the glossy gloss and I use it every night before bed. I did use sugar scrub to help with the dead skin coming off my lips and I use the neutrogena bar to take it off at night. I would recommend this product. Their claims are real. There is definitely an exfoliation process. But if you can be patient and let it do it's job it is surprising how good my lips now feel. I was very iffy at first and very disappointed when my lips were flaking but now I won't use anything else. Plus if I use it every day it is supposed to last 4 months. These prices are on target with high end brands and I could buy 4 drug store lipsticks and pay the same price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I have been testing two colors out for about 2 weeks now and I STILL don't know how I feel about this lip product!

The two colors I own are Blu-Red and First Love. They are heavily fragranced and smell/taste like honeysuckle to me and retail around $25 USD each.
Blu-Red is exactly that, a classic blue based red.
First Love is a nudey/pink that is a very pretty everyday lip color on me.

Let's begin with First Love. For some reason, this color does not completely dry/set on my lips. I follow the directions too! I begin with clean, dry lips, shake the product well, and apply 3 thin layers; one swipe on the bottom lip, and then one swipe on the top lip in one direction. (I allow to dry for at least a minute in between each swipe and I do not rub my lips together at all during this process - because if I do, my lips end up looking like a wrinkled mess!) I then finish with Glossy Gloss. AND no matter what, this color does not like to fill in my lip creases! So once it "sets", it leaves empty patches where you can see my actual lips peeking through. Now as for the claims of 12-14 hour wear....that's not true for me. It lasts around 4-5 hours on me depending what I eat or drink. It does not smudge or wear off on my cups, or silverware which is nice, but it does wear off quickly around the center of my lips. Which thus leaves me with an almost impossible to remove ring of color on the outside rim of my lips. A syndrome sadly called "butthole lips" (which is terribly unattractive).

Blu-Red has a thinner formula so it actually does dry/set on my lips. The thing with this color's formula is it may be too dry? It sets very quickly in between swipes as opposed to First Love, but as the day goes on, I notice that instead of my lip's inner rim just fading quickly throughout the day, this color actually flakes off! Again, it doesn't smudge or bleed but still only lasts about 4-5 hours on me before "butthole lips" syndrome takes over again.

Final thoughts? A lot of work for 4-5 hours of wear and also very expensive.

I thought this was really gimmicky at first and when I first tried it, I felt like everyone else. I couldn't believe it! It truly lived up to the claims. It is long lasting, it doesn't transfer, and it IS kiss proof! However, I was weary of this product because it seems too good to be true which is the reason I do not like it. The product does taste bad to me, which is a big con. I also do not like the way it made my lips feel after a couple uses. I do not buy for one second that it is exfoliating months of wax buildup. Ladies, let's be smarter than this! Don't believe everything companies tell you! This product is overhyped, expensive, and not worth it. Have you ever thought about how all of the prestige makeup brands spend a lot of time researching how to make lipstick long lasting, kiss proof, and smudge proof and none of them have done it? But LipSense comes out of nowhere and was able to do it? There's something fishy there.

on 3/13/2017 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff just burns and isn't completely smudge proof like all the distributors say it is. it wears off weird and unevenly. Save your money and just buy those 2-step liquid lipsticks at the drugstore.

Let me start out by correcting Marmbrister's review. Ladies, the Material Safety & Data Sheets (MSDS) are for generic type information on chemicals you encounter in your work environment, not for the small percentage amount used in a cosmetic. The MSDS is not an appropriate reference for lipstick.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) state that denatured alcohol, which is alcohol rendered incapable of drinking is safe because dermal application or inhalation of cosmetic products containing these ingredients will not produce significant systemic exposure to ethanol,& the CIR Expert Panel concluded that safety of the ingredients should be predicated on the safety of the denaturants used. This means that there is no possibility with the percentage of denatured alcohol used, that it will harm you in any way.
Denatured alcohol has long been used in many cosmetics without problems.
Don't read reviews, mine included, and blindly agree with them! Use your brain! Research and make your own conclusions! 🤗

on 3/12/2017 3:36:00 PM

I so wanted this lip color to work, but it just didn't. I could wear it for about 30 minutes and then it globes up, peeled off and transferred everywhere. It also made my lips look old and scaly. Just yuck and so expensive!

Incredibly painful. Ruined my lips, they cracked, peeled in chunks, and felt like they were on fire.

Best long-wear lippy on the market, hands down. It does what it advertises. At the end of a long day, the product on my mouth feels a little dry. But I find that that's the product getting tired after 12 hours and not my actual lips. Once I remove the old color my lips are super. I also like that one $25 tube lasts longer than anything else because I'm using it once a day instead of 16 times a day like with other glosses. Total deal in my book. And I love not leaving lip marks all over my coffee cup or wine glass or baby or husband or..... Fair trade any day.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I have very mixed opinion on that. After trying it for about a month I still have love / hate relationship with it. In general I hate lipsticks because I never know when they start to look gross and I'm continuously drinking water through the day so no wonder I was super excited to get LipSence.

Pros:
- it really stays! Not for 24 hours surely, but for honest 6 before it needs to be retouched with color itself.
In the mean time it will survive eating, drinking and snacking :) First couple of days it stayed way less and my lips were tingling upon application. I believe if I use it every single day it might really stay all day long.
- no lipstick traces on any object my lips are touching. Big win for kissing!

Cons:
- there are no stores that sell it and colors looks very different on different completions (I've ordered color that doesn't flatter me and I've spent entire day watching swatches)
- it's difficult to apply evenly. I'm usually good at it. I don't do thick layers and I do not move wand back and forth, I let some time for each layer to dry / at least I feel it been dried... Still most of the time I will remove part of the first layer when I apply the second one, Imagine you've painted your nails and accidentally touched something with one of them. That's exactly the effect I get on my lips!
- it seems that my lips are getting dried out by constant use of this product (each day I use it they get more and more flaky)
- the packaging sucks a big time. It's cheap and it leaks.

I might buy couple more colors (Kiss Me Kathy doesn't flatter medium warm skin tone, it'll be good on cooler completions), I will try to wear it on everyday basis at least for 10 days and see how it goes.
I will recommend it to people who are looking for non smuggling result and okay to toss away other lipsticks and use LipSense only.

UPDATE (Feb 16th): I won't recommend it. It's awful for my lips, it destroys them deeply and it doesn't stay more than six hours. Don't waste your money.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I'll start by saying that this is very expensive for me. I don't wear lots of lipstick, normally use aquaphors, so when I saw a girl eating a BBQ sandwich and her lips were still beautiful I had to find out what she did. The sales lady told me it would sting at first and my lips would exfoliate from the alcohol and drying, not a problem because I had just done a lactic acid peel and my whole face was flaky. It tingled a bit when I first put it on and my lips did not feel dry at all. The color did last all day and didn't transfer to my wine glass. I hate trying to clean the lip stains from my wine glasses. I have not had any flaking from it and I think I might add another color but it will be a while because I just can't justify the cost. I can see that it could irritate some lips, but I have only had a good experience with the product.

Popular Lipsticks