LipSense Lipsense Color

LipSense  Lipsense Color

I have used similar products of a different brand with no problems. This product burnt my lips after two days of use so badly my lips peeled and I am left with a mouth full of ulcers. I have had to limit seeing my patients as it is too sore to speak. Just warning you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I decided to return my lipsense to my distributor and received a full refund so I can say they do hold to the "money back guarantee" . I sent it back for several reasons. 1. It smells terrible. 2. It TASTES terrible. Very bitter. 3. It peels off the outer corners and I found it sticking my lips together. I talk pretty much all day at work to clients and it's awkward to avoid talking so your lips don't peel. 4. It is hard to apply. 5. It burns my lips. 6. I don't like the feeling of greasy lipgloss. I tried the matte and it was not moisturizing enough. 7. It will peel off in some places and stick like white on rice to others. Nothing like scrubbing your lips for 10 min to remove color..and your skin.
I think maybe they are on to something...but it needs improvement and the price wasn't worth it to me. I'll stick to my Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick

To Read all 78 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/28/2016 12:43:00 PM

Color doesn't last all day, not by half. You have to wear the gloss, or the color flakes off. But worse is what the product does to your lips. The first ingredient is denatured alcohol. The tingling sensation everyone feels upon applying it to lips is the alcohol drying out your lips. That makes the color last longer. The product says it will actually plump your lips after continued use. Or so a rep told me. I'm willing to bet that if it does plump, it's from irritation, as in swelling. The colors are pretty, but my lips feel raw at the end of the day, even after repeated uses of the gloss.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Let me break it down this way:

The pros: no smudging, transfer proof, beautiful colors, ability to mix shades to create custom colors, ample choice of gloss types (glossy, matte, pink tinted, silver glitter, gold glitter, opal essence, pearl essence) and over 60 base shades to choose from.

The cons: stings a bit when being applied, must be applied in a specific manner, must use gloss to "seal" the color, does NOT last through drinking beverages or eating a meal, cost .it's a little bit pricey when you must purchase a color AND a gloss at $25 and $20 respectively.

I've been using the product for a few months now, and I find that the color lasts me 2-3 hours if I don't eat or drink anything, it only lasts me a few MINUTES if I do drink or eat anything. That said, I don't mind having to reapply the color after a meal, but after simply drinking some water, I find the color fading, especially closer to the water line so that I end up with "Clown Lips" - that nasty outline of color against bare lips. I find this to be the case more so with the darker colors, which is a bummer, since I really love the Cranberry, Blu-Red and Napa colors.

I had hoped I could use my LipSense collection as my only lip colors, but alas, I find that I have had to seek out other long wearing products to add to my lip collection. I'm a self professed lip product nerd). I now alternate between using my LipSense colors, and using more mainstream lip products (Lancome Rouge in Love, Stila Stay All Day, Revlon and Maybelline long wearing products) each day.

YMMV.

on 6/1/2016 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

A friend of mine became a consultant and I'm always looking for lipstick that lasts forever. I hate the idea of having to reapply, I'm barely motivated enough to do my makeup in the mornings let alone throughout the day.

And it really does work, it stays on for ages (except on the awkward waterline, but I've yet to find anything that can stay on that area) but it does have it's drawbacks.

You need a gloss. There is no arguing this point, if you want the lipstick to stay, you need the gloss. There's heaps of different glosses to choose from, from glittery to shiny to matte. but you need them, and they do need reapplication throughout the day. The final layer of colour can feel really grippy/sticky even when dry, and without gloss it flecks/peels off. The gloss will absolutely prevent it, and it really does add a finishing touch. The brilliant part about the Matte gloss is that it's absolutely a Matte finish, but it's also a silky/slippery gloss texture as well.

I'm also a little upset about the application method. Unlike what I'm used to doing (and what I'm good at), Lipsense colour needs to be applied with a fairly high amount of precision. You cannot swipe backwards and forwards and it's not a good idea to do more than one 'swipe' at a time. There's not really a lot of room for error, the only lipliner available is a liquid lipliner so you need to be fairly skilled in using liquid liners as well, and lipsense doesn't play well with pencil liners (I've tried). So a lot of skill and practice is needed!

And finally, it's greatest triumph is also it's greatest downfall. Lipsense is hard to get off, and that also means that LIPSENSE IS HARD TO GET OFF. It comes with the 'oops!' remover, but even that requires a lot of effort and scrubbing, which is kind of the selling point but it still sucks when you're exfoliating the shit out of your lips for 20 minutes. Which also feeds into the drawback that applying the colour requires precision, because if you DO make a mistake it's hard as fuck to rectify it.

Ultimately, I like the stuff. The colours are lovely, and the staying power is everything they say it is.

on 5/14/2016 12:14:00 AM

My friend gave me the Lipsense and gloss and I am now converted. This stuff lasts twice as long and does NOT dry out if you use the gloss, so the higher price is worth it. It does tingle when you put the color on due to the alcohol, but I don't find it unpleasant. The taste, not so great. Both go away as soon as you put the gloss on. I have been testing it out: not using any gloss on top, other glosses/balms from my other products (I've been using L'Oreal and Covergirl long lasting lipcolors), and other stains. It does not wear as well or last as long without the gloss made for it. Surprisingly, my lips are not dried out. And unlike my other longlasting colors, it doesn't bead up and dry out my lips as the color fades, as long as you use the sealing gloss made for the product. So happy with the product. I just ordered more and trying out the Browsense next. Seriously considering becoming a distributor.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is insane, in a good way.

I had never heard of it until a friend from work bought a tube of it and I tried it for fun. This lasted on my lips for almost 2 entire days. ..yes I slept in it to see the longevity of it. I was shocked. I washed my face before bed, ate ask my normal foods and this stuff did not come off. Nor did it flake or anything during the day whatsoever.

I just find it slightly tingling when I first apply it, I barely notice it but I keep my lips in good shape. I use a lip scrub when I need it and a lip mask (from Bite) every night. I don't personally notice any smell when applying it, but I don't have a sensitive nose when it comes to smells so that is an individual thing.

I don't sell it myself. I've bought most of my colors off Amazon with Prime.

I do use the gloss that comes with it but I'm wondering if there are any other cheaper, drugstore glosses I could use??? I forget to reapply the gloss because I don't find it that drying and I don't really feel it on my lips. I also work a very busy job and don't really have time to be reapplying gloss throughout the day. And no, my lips don't look chapped or dry without the gloss.

Obviously not every product works for everyone, but I'd definitely recommend to try it at least once to see what you think. I think for most people this is an excellent product.

Well I was curious to try out this product but one swipe had my lips burning & the product smelled like alcohol which caused my head to hurt . My friend also agreed with me this product isn't for us . Thank you for your time 🙂

on 2/29/2016 5:41:00 AM

I love the entire line of lipsense lipstick. I own 36 different colors from the line. Some of my favorite colors are Blu-red, Cranberry, Dusty rose , Blush, and Purple Reign. I wear this product every single day and it's perfect for my busy lifestyle. My day starts around 9am and doesn't end until 3am. I apply my color in the morning, and just apply the gloss throughout the day, when my lips feel dry and before and after meals. This keeps my lipstick looking flawless all day through classes, meals, and my waitressing shifts, without having to reapply the lipsense color.
******Senegence's gloss (glossy gloss, matte gloss, rose gloss..ect) is made to be worn ontop of your lipsense color. It's the key to getting the lipstick to last as long as they claim, and keep your lips hydrated. ***** Many individuals who buy this product from other online stores, or fail to look up instructional videos prior to use, forget this crucial step. I can't go back to wearing traditional lipstick or other companies liquid lipstick, because lipsense feels better and last all day.

on 1/29/2016 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Today is day 5 wearing Blu-Red. I love the color. I detest the tingling, and how dry my lips feel. I can only get about 3 or 4 hours wear out of an application of this lipstick before it's worn off even when applying to clean dry lips. It seems to ball-up and fall off even without eating. As for lasting through lunch, it does not. After a meal, I must reapply.

I think the smell is horrid and the taste is even worse. If I lick my lips, it tastes like I'm licking rubbing alcohol. I think this is incredibly expensive for the short time before i have to reapply, I definitely will never purchase this again. And I'm very sorry I spent the money for it since I'm so incredibly unhappy with it. I believe I'll stick to my Lipstick Queen.