LipSense Lipsense Color

LipSense  Lipsense Color

3.6

on 7/25/2017 8:24:00 PM

Really had high hopes for this product, but was sadly disappointed. It is hard to describe how my lips looked after an application of Lipsense....a raisin that was dropped in semi-dry latex paint?

Anyone who has even a basic knowledge of skin care with regards to alcohol knows that there are good alcohols including glycols, which are used as humectants to help hydrate and deliver ingredients into skin’s uppermost layers.

This products does not contain the good alcohols but the bad alcohols which should NEVER go onto the skin. It is harmful to the skin not just for one reason, but for many.

In addition to being drying and sensitizing, these alcohols can disrupt skin’s surface layers. Alcohol helps ingredients like retinol and vitamin C penetrate into the skin more effectively, but it does that by breaking down the surface layers of skin—destroying the very substances that keep your skin feeling healthier and looking younger over the long term.

Alcohols like SD and "denatured" immediately harm the skin, starting a chain reaction of damage that continues long after it has evaporated. A 2003 study published found that with regular exposure to alcohol-based products, cleansing becomes a damaging ordeal—skin is no longer able to keep water and cleansing agents from penetrating into it, thus further eroding its surface layers.

It also destroyed the substances in skin that help to naturally soothe and defend it against visible effects of environmental damage.

If that weren’t bad enough, exposure to alcohol causes healthy substances in skin to literally self-destruct. The research also showed that these destructive, aging effects on skin’s substances increased the longer the exposure to alcohol; that is, two days of exposure was dramatically more harmful than one day, and that is only from exposure to a 3% concentration (most skincare products with denatured alcohol contain greater amounts than that).

In short, for the healthy appearance of skin at any age, avoiding products that contain high amounts of the drying, sensitizing types of alcohol is a non-negotiable skincare must.

Alcohol in this form is harmful and should never be used on the skin and even if you aren't seeing damage it is most definitely happening under the skin.

Quite simply ANY product on the market that contains this in it should be avoided.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I REALLY wanted to like this, but I just couldn't make it work. I followed the directions exactly and tried all of the tips. It flaked/crumbled off after a few hours every day. I also did not like that I could not try the colors on beforehand. I got roseberry and apple cider and they both looked completely different on me. Also, my husband said it made my lips feel terrible.

on 7/9/2017 12:28:00 AM

I did a trial at a fair they let me put it on showed me I had to put it on 3x then the gloss over it. A few minutes later my lip started to burn, I though it'd go away but it didn't, I took it off and it chemically burnt my lip I have blisters on my lip and it's swollen, I showed the woman and she said it was probably because of a medication I take, I read the ingredients and the fist thing listed that I seen was alcohol, I'm allergic to alcohol! Grrrr wish they would tell people what is in it before using it. I wish I could post a photo of my lips. :,(

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually discovered this on Pinterest...shocking, I know! Jen Aniston supposedly wears the Bombshell color. I admit, that caught my attention. Then when I got to work, I found out a colleague sells it...must be a sign! So I tested it in the ladies room, following the instructions. Tested Bombshell color - loved it. Beautiful, subtle everyday color. Natural but polished. The application didn't bother me at all; I didn't find the smell to be strong (I mean it's not vanilla scented, but...), the texture was smooth, lightweight. My lips tingled for about 2 seconds; the intensity was equivalent to Buxom gloss for me. I did 2 coats because I was worried it'd be too opaque. Then topped with gloss, which I found to be smooth not sticky. High shine. My lips aren't dry to begin with; I use a lip scrub regularly and Carmex. This color lasted from 11AM - 4PM on me! I drank coffee, ate lunch, a plum...LOL...really nice! Here's the only thing I'd do differently: I'd "tap out" the lower lip line, blending it a bit. I noticed I had a bit of a line because I'd been so precise in my application. My upper lip looked gorgeous. I'm definitely buying a kit and will test other colors based on this experience.

on 6/28/2017 3:07:00 AM

I cannot express just how much I hate this product. Following the rather odd directions, I applied THREE LAYERS of the liquid lip color only to discover that it smelled like nail polish remover and the consistency was also similar to nail polish remover. Felt horrible on my lips. A stinging , cold and wet sensation devolving into an incredibly drying feel. Sahara-like, to be honest. Then, as per the rest of the directions, I applied the lipgloss. The gloss has to be the stickiest, cheapest crap I've ever used. I wasted over $50 for the two products and they were both incredibly disappointing. I wish there was a "no lippies" review option, to be honest.

on 6/27/2017 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The only way i can describe this stuff is like applying nail polish to your lips. that is what it smells like and that is what it feels like after you put it on. (Once you put the glossy gloss on it softens up a bit but when the gloss wears off you have to reapply or else your lips feel like you've taken a hike in the Sahara - DRY!). i wanted to love this because I bought it off a friend who is a distributor and of course I wanted to support her but this product is crap. I'll try to finish off the tube but will not be purchasing anymore of this. Thank God I only got one shade.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lip product. It lasts over 8 hours, although it does depend on the formula. The matte lipsense colors do not stay as long on me and do tend to crease. I have found little tricks, I will layer a light frost under the matte and it will not crease, I also make sure to dry the layers with a hair dryer to make sure they are extra dry before applying the next layer. The frost and shimmer colors are amazing and do not budge, smudge or move even after eating. I do apply the Glossy gloss through out the day to keep my lips hydrated and it does help to keep the color on longer. I do not wear any other lip products now after finding it because I hate to reapply and they have every color I could ever need. This is purchased through a distributor.

Awful product -- just look at the ingredients list and do your own research about how bad putting that much alcohol onto your lips is. Don't listen to reps and distributors who tell you the alcohols burning and stinging your lips is "an adjustment period" or a problem with your lips retaining wax from months ago (that's scientifically impossible). This product was originally created for synchronized swimmers to use during performances -- and even they removed it immediately following performances. These products are not over insanely overpriced, they're just straight up bad for you. Distributors and fanatics may tell you that they've never had problems with it so it can't be bad for you, but just because one person doesn't gain weight or have a heart attack from eating fast food constantly doesn't mean that it's still objectively bad from a *factual* **scientific** perspective.

on 6/16/2017 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really really wanted to like these products. And at first I did. My first color was Sassy Z, a pretty summery pink-rose. At first try it stayed on, the gloss stayed glossy and my lips felt moisturized. Then I got Persimmon - a gorgeous summer orange and then Apple Cider - a nice neutral rose. I though I was good, three very useable colors and the gloss along with the pearl gloss. So after the first week I was good, color stayed on well, just reapplied the gloss throughout the day and all was well. And then this week, which would be my 3rd week using them - my lips are chapped, dry and unsightly by the end of the day. And it's been EVERY day this week that this has happened. Does the product exfoliate TOO much? I can't figure it out but I know I won't be repurchasing. I'll stick with my MAC satin lipsticks and gloss. I'll use these occasionally but they certainly aren't my 'go to' lippies.