LipSense Lipsense Color

LipSense  Lipsense Color

on 11/22/2016 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I want to say up front that I do not sell this product and I am not affiliated with this company in any way. I am a collector of all lip products and I had not tried this one yet so I gave it a try. It is very different from any other kind I have tried before. I have purchased several of the colors and the glossy gloss as well as the sand gloss. I really like this product because the color does stay on all day but I also like that the gloss is very moisturizing. Also, when you take it off at the end of the day, it does exfoliate your lips. So, ultimately, you are moisturized your lips all day and exfoliating your lips every night. I think that is really the reason why everyone who uses it regularly says it leaves their lips in such good condition. There are a few things you should know about this product. It goes on like a liquid lipstick, but you have to use a totally different application technique and, as others have mentioned, you must wear one of their glosses on top. You cannot combine this with any other brand of gloss (at least none that I have found). I have noticed that several people complained about the smell. I do not detect any smell in the several colors I have purchased and I am fairly sensitive to odor in my cosmetics. Also, for those complaining of the product balling up and/or flaking: I found that occurred more often with the frost colors but not at all with the other colors (sheer and matte). Also, do not forget to shake the color before putting it on or the color will ball up on the lips. Finally, apply in three thin coats, not thick coats to avoid streaking. Watch lots of Youtube videos as to how to apply and how to take off. You can also check out Piniterest to see the colors and how to combine the colors to get exactly what you want. I think it is expensive ($20-$25 per color + gloss $10+ Oops remover $8). Finally, you can remove this without the Oops remover but the remover works best for me. It is a fun product. I like exploring the colors and I like having color that lasts all day and does not stain my coffee cups. So, if you like having fun with your make up, maybe give this a try.

on 10/16/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased my first tube a little over a year ago. I though I could just purchase one and apply it like any other "similar" product, b/c I wasn't told differently. I also did not buy a gloss with it (you HAVE to use one of their glosses with the color or forget it!). So, after not liking it at all, I finally bought the gloss (which I LOVE), but I did not use the lip color enough to get the hang of it. My lips were also exfoliating, which was another turn off. I threw it in my makeup drawer and forgot about it.
Fast forward about 6-9 months, and I decided I was going to use this since I paid for it! I was also tired of seeing everyone else wear it and look fabulous. So, I watched numerous YouTube videos and really got the hang down of applying the color. My lips are chronically chapped, so I do struggle still with occasional peeling, but it has improved greatly. I no longer use any other lip colors or glosses or chapstick, so I no longer exfoliate when I use this product. I do use a lip scrub about 2-3 times a week, plus Witch Hazel on my lips nightly to help the color stay on smoother lips.

Application is tricky. When you apply, make sure to shake the tube first. Then apply thinner layers on DRY lips, and keep your lips tight. Do not let your lips touch or they will stick together. I let it set anywhere from 20 seconds to 1 minute between layers. Always go in the same direction. And, make sure to swipe the inner "waterline" of your lips. This is the ONLY place I have to reapply after eating.
Layering colors is definitely a good way to get different color options without spending more on additional colors. I get a good 4 hours (at least) out of some colors, and some colors stay as long as 12 hours on me. My sister can wear it for upwards of 18 hours though! I think that probably depends on body chemistry.
As far as the cost, I find it comparable to most high end lipsticks. The good news is you only need one tube of gloss, and you can use it with all the lip colors. You can also use the gloss alone or with other brands.
To remove, you can purchase the Oops remover (which tastes a bit yucky), or you can use Witch Hazel.

So, the cons:
Application learning curve is steep. You HAVE to research and watch videos.
Exfoliation can take a couple of weeks. It sucks to have peely lip color during this stage (although not everyone experiences this evidently!)
Glosses other than Glossy are not as moisturizing. I hated the Pink Glitter- I did not get much moisture out of it.
Can be difficult to remove (which can also be seen as a good thing I guess!).
I have to reapply at the waterline after eating.

Pros:
Lasts a long time (like incredibly long), and does not transfer. I still check after drinking coffee, and I am still impressed!
Colors are gorgeous and highly pigmented. There are something like 80+ colors.
Glossy gloss is the best gloss I've ever used. I use it alone a lot.
It is great for stage makeup/dance recitals/band concerts so you don't have to worry about reapplying or transferring color mid-performance.

Disclaimer: After my initial turnoff due to not knowing how to apply the product and my lip exfoliation, I learned to love lip color. I honestly love the gloss more than the color... and I use the foundation now as well. With that said, I now sell Lipsense (mostly for my personal discount b/c I'm not a very good salesperson!) so I wanted to disclose that.

To Read all 88 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/14/2016 4:04:00 AM

This product has completely changed my lips. When I first started wearing it, my lips burned a little when I put it on and the color would only last a little while and before it would start flaking off. But, I kept wearing it as directed and now a couple of months later, my lips are softer than they have ever been and the Lipsense literally stays on me for 18-24 hours without needing to reapply! It is seriously amazing! I get compliments all the time and wear colors I never would have dreamed of wearing before. I don't mind the packaging anymore although it is very minimalistic. I am a vegan so I also LOVE that it is a vegan product with no animal testing or animal by products. It is also a good deal price wise because after wearing it everyday, I have hardly made a dent in the tubes I own. They will last a very long time

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

The only bulletproof lipstick ever--in every way. The colors are fabulous. After 2 weeks of directed use it would last 18 hours a day for me. I have thrown away all my other hundreds of dollars of lip product. Added bonus--this keeps lips so soft that I have yet to have a cold sore or chapped lips. It is amazing and well worth the money. More expensive, yes. A tube lasts 4 times longer than a regular lipstick. This is amazing!

on 9/23/2016 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh, boy. Where to start with this product? Let's just list them in no particular order:
1)your lips are just like any other skin covered mucus membrane. They shed on their own. If you have YEARS of waxy buildup on your lips from lipstick or chapstick it's because you are dead and your mortician used a hella good reconstructive, industrial lipstick. This is not a magical detox for your lips. That's absurd pseudoscience. Lips don't have to detoxed over a period of 1-3 months.
2)this stuff stinks.
3)this stuff is not only crap, but it probably tastes like literal crap. Yuck.
4)way overpriced. Seriously. It's insane to spend the amount of money these things are marked up to. The ingredients are crap. The packaging looks like something my mom ordered from that makeup kit company that was the rage in the 80's. What was the name of that company? It was awful.
5)I loathe pyramid/mlm schemes. Makeup. Body wraps. Candles. Jewelry. Ugly leggings. Stop it. Stop making people pity buy from you.
6)it burns. I don't care if it's "cosmetic grade" alcohol. Alcohol is alcohol. Alcohol burns. Basic chemistry.
7)if the above doesn't turn you off, then save $20 dollars, go to Target and buy some Cover Girl outlast lipstick. It's the same crap as this but cheaper and you don't have to sit thru any presentations or feel pressure to pity buy crap when you just came to the selling party for the wine, appetizers and gossip

Lipstick/gloss is my favorite product and I've bought hundreds of different kinds over the years. This is great stuff and I love it. I don't think it takes very long to apply once you get the hang of it, it wears off for me by the time I go to bed so I don't have to remove it, and I don't find it drying. I've never liked a long-wearing lip product until this one. The colors are absolutely beautiful (I love Bombshell, Neutral, and Nude the best so far) and I love the gloss too! It does not smell or taste good 😞 and it is expensive (though not when you've paid for a few pricy lipsticks). However, it doesn't need to be reapplied all the time like a regular lipstick anyway so it's pretty economical. I love mixing the colors too. I am very particular about my lips looking smaller and being dried out...and this just makes them look beautiful. I would recommend it to anyone!

I like it. I have noticed a few things. You do have to apply each layer in one swipe. If you go over any areas while it is wet it will not apply, so wait 3 secs before putting on another coat. It will stick to any flakes so just brush your lips with your toothbrush in the am to exfoliate before you apply. I have to use the lipsense gloss on top--other glosses seem to make it flake off. It lasts about 8 hours for me. I am not a distributor.

on 8/9/2016 6:05:00 PM

I've been using this since March, so almost 6 months. In order to see results you HAVE to stick with it for a month or two, because during that time your lips are exfoliating from all the years of wax build up. At first, you have to apply lots of gloss and your lips will peel and the color won't stick as well as you want. But after the exfoliation, (mine only lasted about a week) the color stays on amazingly, you only have to apply gloss a couple of times a day, and the color doesn't transfer at all. But if you don't use it exactly how you're supposed to, you're not going to see the results. I've never tried another product that lasts like this and i love knowing I don't have lipstick all over my face all the time. It's worth the money in my opinion. At night t comes off easily with my makeup removing wipes, or glycerin soap. The smell is funky because it has cosmetic grade alcohol which disinfects it since a tube lasts so long, but I got used to it. I've recommended it to several people and they love it too!

FINALLY. A way to have smudge proof lipstick. "LipSense by SeneGence." Wearing the color "Crimson Red," layered underneath with MAC's "Ruby Woo," Laura Mercier's "Scarlet" Lip Stain and Nars "Jungle Red" lip pencil, since LipSense can be drying. The shine seen on my hand is all that transferred when I kissed my hand. Shine achieved by LipSense "Glossy" clear coat. 💋

I'd like to clear up some obvious misconceptions about Lipsense. First of all, I've been using the product now for a good 3 months. My lips have always been in bad shape from peeling constantly to cracking uncontrollably and they are in the best shape they've ever been in because of this product. Let me tell you why. I used to apply chapsticks religiously and they was pretty much all I wore. Why wear waxy lipstick that sticks on my teeth and everywhere else and then have to keep reapplying for it to most likely get on my clothes and water bottle that I drink through the day. No thanks. And then that's when someone introduced me to Lipsense. Was I skeptical at first? Duh! Of course I was skeptical. Here's the thing, Lipsense tells you that once you start using their product and their product ONLY it will take a good 1-2 MONTHS before it completely repairs your lips. It has to work very hard to repair and exfoliate all that waxy crap and Chapstick yuck that's been built up on them for years! 1-2 months is a very reasonable amount of time to give for this process considering how long you've been wearing the other stuff and essentially Lipsense is working extremely hard to repair the damage that's been done. Does it tingle? Yup sure does and that is because YOU'VE worn the other crap on it for so long! It's working to get rid of it. Some say they've heard its alcohol and it'll dry your lips out...people really? It's cosmetic grade alcohol y'all, it's very light and evaporates. It has yet to dry anyone I know or my lips out. The Lipsense gloss is an absolute MUST! Especially right at first, during the repairing process. It contains the lovely ingredient shea butter which is helping moisturize and hydrate your lips and it also seeps through the Lipsense colors to do this. THIS is the reason NO OTHER lip glosses or chapsticks will work with Lipsense. The recommendation is to use glossy gloss for your first gloss because that is the one that heals and hydrates the absolute best. Once given the allotted time, the gloss usage will dramatically decrease. Don't be hard headed and try to go with matte gloss as your first gloss it just won't be effective for you and to be quite honest, any money spent and getting a product that does what is says is something you want to get in return. But you have to be willing to do exactly what the product tells you to do. Don't think you can go around that and get the same results, that's like cheating on a diet. Am I right? So please educate yourself before considering basing a decision on a bad review you may hear. If you have not given lipsense a full 1-2 months and done exactly what I've stated here, then you have no room to talk about it negatively.

Popular Lipsticks