LipSense Lipsense Color

LipSense  Lipsense Color

3.4

on 10/21/2018 12:19:00 PM

I'm trying this for the first time.the color I chose was Bella and clear gloss. Its been about a week and I really like it (except for the price). I've had no stinging or burning , color lasts all day thru meals etc. I reapply the gloss a couple of times. I find a baby wipe takes off most of it then the rest comes off with dove soap when I wash my face. My lips don't feel dry or cracked. I get no strange smells . The packaging is fine ..I don't care about that..overall I like it.

on 9/23/2018 12:42:00 AM

I bought LipSense thinking that I wouldn’t need to reapply lipstick during the day but My LipSense experience wasn’t great. To begin with it burns and tingles as you apply it on your lips. You have apply smooth single strokes really quickly otherwise it dries and looks uneven. After a few trials I sort of got better at applying even coats but what I found during the day was that LipSense cracks and exposes the crease lines in the lips if the gloss isn’t reapplied regularly. That’s no different to touching up with the ordinary lipstick..is it ? I found removing it with the oops remover also not an easy process. Doesn’t remove easily in one or two wipes. You have to keep doing it. Another cool trick I now do is that I apply 3 layers wait for it to dry and then quickly use the remover and take out the product from my lips. This leaves a strong stain of the colour on the lips and it looks more natural and doesn’t flake and cake during the day. I then line my lips with my usual lip liner and all good to go. I use a bit of the gloss if I feel like but not as a compulsory thing. I’ll keep doing this till the product is all used up. I bought 3 colours and won’t be buying again.

on 7/24/2018 9:44:00 AM

I first tried this product at a bridal show and could not get it to work for me. Then a friend at work starting wearing it and everyday she came in with a color more beautiful than the day before. So she linked me to a Facebook page of vendors going out of business and a friend that is currently selling the product. My first color was Bella and the Pearl Gloss this looked totally different on my than my friend but still love it. I have a dozen different colors now and my lips do look better than ever before. My hesitation is the cost and getting it off so I gave it a 4, but I do enjoy this product and will buy again.

I tried LipSense because a good friend highly recommended it as super-long-lasting, which I need: lipstick does not last on me, at all. I purchased two colors and several glosses for $22 each (I actually paid a little bit less due to special pricing discounts; the normal price is $22). Although I am still using it several months later, there are a few things to it that are not to my taste.

First, the product tingle/burns when you first apply it. The distributor said that it was because it was resurfacing your bad lip skin, but really, my lip skin is not bad at all. I thought this explanation was pretty bogus, and my lips are actually in worse condition after I use the product--I can't use it every day. Second, the smell is bad and the taste is bitter, very bitter. Not at all pleasant. Third, you have to apply at least 3 layers of the color and, to make it last, 4 are recommended. Fourth, in order to make it last as long as they say it lasts, you have to keep reapplying the gloss that protects the color. Like, every few hours. If you don't, it comes right off. Fifth--it is EXPENSIVE. $22 each for the color and the gloss is insanely high, plus there is a special remover product to take whatever remains off your lips...also in the $22 range.

Things I like: the product is minimally packaged, which appeals to my environmental sense. The color range is great, and you can create even more looks by layering different colors on each other during the application process. The glosses also come in a huge range of effects, from clear to pearly to sparkly and a ton of colors, and you can wear the glosses alone. I actually think the glosses are the better products.

Overall, I found that this product didn't last any longer than the drugstore "long lasting" lip products, requires the same amount of re-application as regular gloss/lipstick and/or the long-lasting kind (which also require re-application of their over-coat sealant or gloss/balm), and costs twice as much. Plus, being a multi-level business operation, their practices are suspicious. I'm going back to the less expensive brand after I use up what I have. I apologize to my friend, but this is not the product for me.

on 7/4/2018 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This has to be the worst lipstick/lipgloss ever, and I've pretty much tried them all. This stuff BURNS, it STINKS, and it tastes worse than monkey butt. Plus, for all that? It doesn't last. I followed the directions to a T, and it was off by mid morning, plus it gave me that weird ring lip thing. For this price go to Sephora and get something decent.

I was leery about trying lipsense because i had heard a couple bad reviews. To my surprise i love it! It really does stay on all day long. A tip i received was to gloss before eating and that will prevent it from coming off. Ive bought several colors and love them all. The only downfall is that the application process takes a little longer than just applying a coat of a regular lipstick or gloss, but to me its worth it because its not going anywhere the rest of the day.

on 5/31/2018 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm sorry but I just can't deal with the huge amounts of alcohol. I caved and bought 2 of these (and a gloss, which I like) from my cousin who, clearly, has been brainwashed by the Senegence company.

It' is not a tingle. It BURNS.

I tried Fire Opal and Bombshell - lovely colors, horrid formula.
I wish they were "regular" lipsticks so I could wear them without drying the f-outta my lips.

FAIL.

I was very excited at the chance to have a lip colour that wore all day as I struggle to find any that doesn’t fade with in a few hours. This however did not stay on my lips for more than an hour or so and was completely removed when I ate. This is with following the instructions and using all the suggested products. Furthermore, I used it for a few days in a row and my perfectly happy lips turned into a dry mess. I even started to develope sores on my lips! I haven’t had this issue since 4 years ago when I took accurate, and this product made my lips even worse than that did! Definitly not worth the price. I find the long-wear matte lips by maybelline perform WAY better, feel nicer on my lips and don’t cause any where near the same dryness.

I was very disappointed as the two colours I bought were beautiful and I’d heard so much about its staying power :( I even looked up vids on YouTube on how to make it stay longer and nothing worked! DO NOT BUY

There was so much hype with this product in my friend group that I of course had to try it.

I bought the top coat and the color "Nude". First off, I do love the color. The application though is not entirely enjoyable. There is a burning/tingling when applied to the lips. You will need about three coats to achieve the color, or mix and match with other colors as well.

The closest thing I can compare this too are alcohol activated palettes, such as the ones by skin illustrator for SFX makeup. Parallel between both: it does not come off until you want it to come off. The nude however since it is a neutral/brown color needed to be reapplied at points.

There is a special remover that lip sense offers, making this purchase a trio. Personally, I did not believe I would need it, and I did not. If you have a good make up remover, it will come off. It may take an extra few minutes. Save yourself an extra $20.00.

I only use lip sense when I go out to events where I won't really be able to reapply my makeup and rather not have to worry about it. You can eat and drink with it and apply the top coat every now and then to keep your lips hydrated.

Since this is an alcohol based product, it is important that you apply this top coat to your lips or they can potentially dry out. I made that mistake a couple weeks after the purchase and needed to use medicated chap stick to bring them back to health.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

WORST lipstick ever.. Will destroy your lips. I had chemical burns and chapped lips for a while after using this product. Not worth the money AT ALL. Don't fall for it :(