LipSense Lipsense Color

LipSense  Lipsense Color

I like it. I have noticed a few things. You do have to apply each layer in one swipe. If you go over any areas while it is wet it will not apply, so wait 3 secs before putting on another coat. It will stick to any flakes so just brush your lips with your toothbrush in the am to exfoliate before you apply. I have to use the lipsense gloss on top--other glosses seem to make it flake off. It lasts about 8 hours for me. I am not a distributor.

on 8/9/2016 6:05:00 PM

I've been using this since March, so almost 6 months. In order to see results you HAVE to stick with it for a month or two, because during that time your lips are exfoliating from all the years of wax build up. At first, you have to apply lots of gloss and your lips will peel and the color won't stick as well as you want. But after the exfoliation, (mine only lasted about a week) the color stays on amazingly, you only have to apply gloss a couple of times a day, and the color doesn't transfer at all. But if you don't use it exactly how you're supposed to, you're not going to see the results. I've never tried another product that lasts like this and i love knowing I don't have lipstick all over my face all the time. It's worth the money in my opinion. At night t comes off easily with my makeup removing wipes, or glycerin soap. The smell is funky because it has cosmetic grade alcohol which disinfects it since a tube lasts so long, but I got used to it. I've recommended it to several people and they love it too!

To Read all 82 Reviews, Login or Join

FINALLY. A way to have smudge proof lipstick. "LipSense by SeneGence." Wearing the color "Crimson Red," layered underneath with MAC's "Ruby Woo," Laura Mercier's "Scarlet" Lip Stain and Nars "Jungle Red" lip pencil, since LipSense can be drying. The shine seen on my hand is all that transferred when I kissed my hand. Shine achieved by LipSense "Glossy" clear coat. 💋

I'd like to clear up some obvious misconceptions about Lipsense. First of all, I've been using the product now for a good 3 months. My lips have always been in bad shape from peeling constantly to cracking uncontrollably and they are in the best shape they've ever been in because of this product. Let me tell you why. I used to apply chapsticks religiously and they was pretty much all I wore. Why wear waxy lipstick that sticks on my teeth and everywhere else and then have to keep reapplying for it to most likely get on my clothes and water bottle that I drink through the day. No thanks. And then that's when someone introduced me to Lipsense. Was I skeptical at first? Duh! Of course I was skeptical. Here's the thing, Lipsense tells you that once you start using their product and their product ONLY it will take a good 1-2 MONTHS before it completely repairs your lips. It has to work very hard to repair and exfoliate all that waxy crap and Chapstick yuck that's been built up on them for years! 1-2 months is a very reasonable amount of time to give for this process considering how long you've been wearing the other stuff and essentially Lipsense is working extremely hard to repair the damage that's been done. Does it tingle? Yup sure does and that is because YOU'VE worn the other crap on it for so long! It's working to get rid of it. Some say they've heard its alcohol and it'll dry your lips out...people really? It's cosmetic grade alcohol y'all, it's very light and evaporates. It has yet to dry anyone I know or my lips out. The Lipsense gloss is an absolute MUST! Especially right at first, during the repairing process. It contains the lovely ingredient shea butter which is helping moisturize and hydrate your lips and it also seeps through the Lipsense colors to do this. THIS is the reason NO OTHER lip glosses or chapsticks will work with Lipsense. The recommendation is to use glossy gloss for your first gloss because that is the one that heals and hydrates the absolute best. Once given the allotted time, the gloss usage will dramatically decrease. Don't be hard headed and try to go with matte gloss as your first gloss it just won't be effective for you and to be quite honest, any money spent and getting a product that does what is says is something you want to get in return. But you have to be willing to do exactly what the product tells you to do. Don't think you can go around that and get the same results, that's like cheating on a diet. Am I right? So please educate yourself before considering basing a decision on a bad review you may hear. If you have not given lipsense a full 1-2 months and done exactly what I've stated here, then you have no room to talk about it negatively.

I have used similar products of a different brand with no problems. This product burnt my lips after two days of use so badly my lips peeled and I am left with a mouth full of ulcers. I have had to limit seeing my patients as it is too sore to speak. Just warning you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I decided to return my lipsense to my distributor and received a full refund so I can say they do hold to the "money back guarantee" . I sent it back for several reasons. 1. It smells terrible. 2. It TASTES terrible. Very bitter. 3. It peels off the outer corners and I found it sticking my lips together. I talk pretty much all day at work to clients and it's awkward to avoid talking so your lips don't peel. 4. It is hard to apply. 5. It burns my lips. 6. I don't like the feeling of greasy lipgloss. I tried the matte and it was not moisturizing enough. 7. It will peel off in some places and stick like white on rice to others. Nothing like scrubbing your lips for 10 min to remove color..and your skin.
I think maybe they are on to something...but it needs improvement and the price wasn't worth it to me. I'll stick to my Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick

on 6/28/2016 12:43:00 PM

Color doesn't last all day, not by half. You have to wear the gloss, or the color flakes off. But worse is what the product does to your lips. The first ingredient is denatured alcohol. The tingling sensation everyone feels upon applying it to lips is the alcohol drying out your lips. That makes the color last longer. The product says it will actually plump your lips after continued use. Or so a rep told me. I'm willing to bet that if it does plump, it's from irritation, as in swelling. The colors are pretty, but my lips feel raw at the end of the day, even after repeated uses of the gloss.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Let me break it down this way:

The pros: no smudging, transfer proof, beautiful colors, ability to mix shades to create custom colors, ample choice of gloss types (glossy, matte, pink tinted, silver glitter, gold glitter, opal essence, pearl essence) and over 60 base shades to choose from.

The cons: stings a bit when being applied, must be applied in a specific manner, must use gloss to "seal" the color, does NOT last through drinking beverages or eating a meal, cost .it's a little bit pricey when you must purchase a color AND a gloss at $25 and $20 respectively.

I've been using the product for a few months now, and I find that the color lasts me 2-3 hours if I don't eat or drink anything, it only lasts me a few MINUTES if I do drink or eat anything. That said, I don't mind having to reapply the color after a meal, but after simply drinking some water, I find the color fading, especially closer to the water line so that I end up with "Clown Lips" - that nasty outline of color against bare lips. I find this to be the case more so with the darker colors, which is a bummer, since I really love the Cranberry, Blu-Red and Napa colors.

I had hoped I could use my LipSense collection as my only lip colors, but alas, I find that I have had to seek out other long wearing products to add to my lip collection. I'm a self professed lip product nerd). I now alternate between using my LipSense colors, and using more mainstream lip products (Lancome Rouge in Love, Stila Stay All Day, Revlon and Maybelline long wearing products) each day.

YMMV.

on 6/1/2016 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

A friend of mine became a consultant and I'm always looking for lipstick that lasts forever. I hate the idea of having to reapply, I'm barely motivated enough to do my makeup in the mornings let alone throughout the day.

And it really does work, it stays on for ages (except on the awkward waterline, but I've yet to find anything that can stay on that area) but it does have it's drawbacks.

You need a gloss. There is no arguing this point, if you want the lipstick to stay, you need the gloss. There's heaps of different glosses to choose from, from glittery to shiny to matte. but you need them, and they do need reapplication throughout the day. The final layer of colour can feel really grippy/sticky even when dry, and without gloss it flecks/peels off. The gloss will absolutely prevent it, and it really does add a finishing touch. The brilliant part about the Matte gloss is that it's absolutely a Matte finish, but it's also a silky/slippery gloss texture as well.

I'm also a little upset about the application method. Unlike what I'm used to doing (and what I'm good at), Lipsense colour needs to be applied with a fairly high amount of precision. You cannot swipe backwards and forwards and it's not a good idea to do more than one 'swipe' at a time. There's not really a lot of room for error, the only lipliner available is a liquid lipliner so you need to be fairly skilled in using liquid liners as well, and lipsense doesn't play well with pencil liners (I've tried). So a lot of skill and practice is needed!

And finally, it's greatest triumph is also it's greatest downfall. Lipsense is hard to get off, and that also means that LIPSENSE IS HARD TO GET OFF. It comes with the 'oops!' remover, but even that requires a lot of effort and scrubbing, which is kind of the selling point but it still sucks when you're exfoliating the shit out of your lips for 20 minutes. Which also feeds into the drawback that applying the colour requires precision, because if you DO make a mistake it's hard as fuck to rectify it.

Ultimately, I like the stuff. The colours are lovely, and the staying power is everything they say it is.

on 5/14/2016 12:14:00 AM

My friend gave me the Lipsense and gloss and I am now converted. This stuff lasts twice as long and does NOT dry out if you use the gloss, so the higher price is worth it. It does tingle when you put the color on due to the alcohol, but I don't find it unpleasant. The taste, not so great. Both go away as soon as you put the gloss on. I have been testing it out: not using any gloss on top, other glosses/balms from my other products (I've been using L'Oreal and Covergirl long lasting lipcolors), and other stains. It does not wear as well or last as long without the gloss made for it. Surprisingly, my lips are not dried out. And unlike my other longlasting colors, it doesn't bead up and dry out my lips as the color fades, as long as you use the sealing gloss made for the product. So happy with the product. I just ordered more and trying out the Browsense next. Seriously considering becoming a distributor.