LipSense Lipsense Color

LipSense  Lipsense Color

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I have very mixed opinion on that. After trying it for about a month I still have love / hate relationship with it. In general I hate lipsticks because I never know when they start to look gross and I'm continuously drinking water through the day so no wonder I was super excited to get LipSence.

Pros:
- it really stays! Not for 24 hours surely, but for honest 6 before it needs to be retouched with color itself.
In the mean time it will survive eating, drinking and snacking :) First couple of days it stayed way less and my lips were tingling upon application. I believe if I use it every single day it might really stay all day long.
- no lipstick traces on any object my lips are touching. Big win for kissing!

Cons:
- there are no stores that sell it and colors looks very different on different completions (I've ordered color that doesn't flatter me and I've spent entire day watching swatches)
- it's difficult to apply evenly. I'm usually good at it. I don't do thick layers and I do not move wand back and forth, I let some time for each layer to dry / at least I feel it been dried... Still most of the time I will remove part of the first layer when I apply the second one, Imagine you've painted your nails and accidentally touched something with one of them. That's exactly the effect I get on my lips!
- it seems that my lips are getting dried out by constant use of this product (each day I use it they get more and more flaky)
- the packaging sucks a big time. It's cheap and it leaks.

I might buy couple more colors (Kiss Me Kathy doesn't flatter medium warm skin tone, it'll be good on cooler completions), I will try to wear it on everyday basis at least for 10 days and see how it goes.
I will recommend it to people who are looking for non smuggling result and okay to toss away other lipsticks and use LipSense only.

UPDATE (Feb 16th): I won't recommend it. It's awful for my lips, it destroys them deeply and it doesn't stay more than six hours. Don't waste your money.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I'll start by saying that this is very expensive for me. I don't wear lots of lipstick, normally use aquaphors, so when I saw a girl eating a BBQ sandwich and her lips were still beautiful I had to find out what she did. The sales lady told me it would sting at first and my lips would exfoliate from the alcohol and drying, not a problem because I had just done a lactic acid peel and my whole face was flaky. It tingled a bit when I first put it on and my lips did not feel dry at all. The color did last all day and didn't transfer to my wine glass. I hate trying to clean the lip stains from my wine glasses. I have not had any flaking from it and I think I might add another color but it will be a while because I just can't justify the cost. I can see that it could irritate some lips, but I have only had a good experience with the product.

on 2/5/2017 12:18:00 AM

I've read some of these reviews an I'm puzzled by some of the negative ones. I work in the cosmetic industry, (Not Senegence) a major retailer though. This product surpasses anything we sell in lip gloss. Your lips will peel and exfoliate, but it does get better. And your lips will eventually look more amazing then ever. Yes they do sting a bit at first, but this does go away. Lip stain does the exact same thing and is not making your lips better. The price is the same as KVD, UD, Stila and Tarte. These are all major lip gloss brands. So saying this is over priced is not correct. You really do get what you pay for. This lip gloss is amazing and I am addicted. I can't use anything that I sell at the store I'm employed at after using this. I give this 5 lipsticks!!!!

Read the first ingredient. Alcohol Denat. Look up the MSDS on alcohol denat. It causes severe irritation on skin, dryness, stinging and also causes damage to liver, kidneys, and more. The marketing for this says the stinging is from exfoliating the years of lip balm use. That is a complete marketing lie. This product is dangerous and actually burns your lips because the main ingredient is alcohol denat. Ladies, please do your research! They sugarcoat the burning sensation as something that is good for your lips. Of course anything that burns your skin cells causes them to die and eventually flake off. This is a dangerous exfoliant. Take a good smell of this product! Pure alcohol; a toxic product if absorbed! My lips acquired small sores on them after just one use and are peeling. I gave this product the benefit of the doubt and used it again the next day. The burning was so intense that I decided to look up the MSDS on the main ingredient in the product. Do your research please! Companies will sell us ANYTHING to get rich even if it means compromising our health.

This is the worst mistake I ever made as far as lipstick purchases go. Yeah yeah they say you go through an exfoliation period, well it's been 4 almost 5 months and this crap still flakes off within an hour of putting it on. I would not recommend buying this it is over priced junk. BIGGEST RIP OFF EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My lips constantly stay DRY while using this. I went through 1 tube of glossy gloss in less than a month. They claim it's the years of wax/lead build up, well honey if I had that much crap built up on my lips they would be a dark dingy mess of which they are not.

Way to expensive for the quality. Too much trouble to put on not to mention taking it off if it does stay on for longer than an hour or so.

Do not get suckered into this mess like I did.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am not a distributor of this product. I tried it for the first time in the color Red Cherry this week. The first time I used it, it did sting my lips. I did not clean my lips with witch hazel as recommended, but with a washcloth instead. I applied 3 coats, letting it dry in between then topped it with the gold glitter gloss. The color is beautiful and applies very smoothly. I did not smell anything after the first coat, but my lips were super sticky before adding the gloss. The gloss had so much glitter, but was really pretty. I wish it had a bit less glitter as the gold did change the color of the lipstick a bit. It did last all day and i removed it before I went to the gym. I used the remover, but realized I could also use coconut oil instead, which I will do. The small tube of remover is easy to carry for travel though.
I like the wear and the color, but my lips are not smooth when I rub them together. This bothers me. Maybe it will go away the longer I wear them, or maybe not. It's not a deal breaker for me though. I will order a few more colors as I like the longevity of application. I did find something that will remove it and comes in a small tube! WET N WILD MEGASLICK LIPGLOSS takes this stuff right off! No clue why, but it works better than the LipSense product. It's worth trying, but it is a big investment if it does not work for you.

on 1/17/2017 10:39:00 PM

I tried this for the first time from a seller today who walked me through the process of cleaning, applying 3 times and then the top coat. I applied the top coat again 30 minutes later because my lips were already dried. I went to a restaurant and lipstick was coming off on my spoon and I experienced an awful taste and smell that I thought was maybe something in the restaurant. I didn't realize it was the lipstick until on my way home. It tastes a bit like nail polish remover. After less than 2 hours the product was halfway off my mouth. I wiped the rest off with tissue and regular facial lotion. Guess I just wasted my money on the lipstick remover. What a disaster!

on 1/6/2017 1:01:00 PM

im gonna assume most of the high reviews on this product are from the folks who are selling the product. i REALLY wanted to like this product. i was looking for a long lasting lipcolor. but this lipstick seriously dries out my lips no matter how much gloss i put on. dont be fooled by the BS claims on this product from the distributor - they claim your lips will peel and feel dry from years of using waxy lipsticks...come on, really? ya right.

i stressed out putting on this lipstick. there are so many rules around it -
you NEED to start out with just washed, just exfoliated, natural lips. you NEED to apply 3 coats before applying the gloss. you cant rub your lips together during the process. you can only go in one direction when applying the color. you need to use lip balm at night to replenish your lips(probably due to the serious overdrying of the lips). you need to exfoliate before bed, etc etc etc. i just want to apply lipcolor to my lips and move on! why does it have to be such a science?
dont be fooled by all the 'reviewers' who are sellers as well. this is just another gimmick...its one of those period scheme business models where the seller tries to convince you to join her team etc etc. its just not worth it.
plus they make you think you need to buy only their special gloss to seal in the color which is bs because i've used other branded glosses that work just the same with the lip color. it will set you back about $50 for 1 lip color and 1 gloss that you supposedly absolutely need. then they try to sell you on some remover because you cant remove the color without it(um...coconut oil or any oil based make remover works just as well.)

not to mention this stuff literally tastes like crap which makes me question what exactly is in this thing??

I will say, however, once you jump through hoops to put the lipcolor on and you use the gloss as intended(you need to re-apply every couple hours...but then can we really consider this long lasting color??) the color does last all day - but at what cost?? oh hey guess what - MakeUp Forever has a long lasting lipcolor that literally lasts all day and WAY easier to apply.
do yourself a favor and just go to sephora and buy your lipcolor there. less hassle!

on 12/25/2016 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I tried this product for one day and immediately ordered four more shades. It is pretty unbelievable how long it lasts. For the first couple of weeks, it will burn a little when first applied. This goes away quickly. It will also cause your lips to peel but this stops after a few days! It is exfoliating all the crud off of your lips. Here are some tips for success: use a lip sugar scrub a few times per week to get lips smooth. Clean your lips by swiping a cotton pad with witch hazel over them. Apply color in one sweeping motion on each lip. Three coats minimum, allowing each to dry a few seconds. If you don't have a steady hand, use a nude lip liner first to outline lips. It helps. Use their gloss over the color. It's gorgeous. To remove, apply the Oops remover, then I suggest wiping with a makeup remover wipe. It's tough to remove without! My favorite colors (I'm olive complexion with dark eyes) are sheer berry, mulled wine, dawn rising, honey rose, and Mojave. In that order. This stuff stays on all day and looks great. No streaking, flaking, rubbing off, or dryness. To avoid dryness though, use the gloss throughout the day. It's not too shiny, it's just right. I threw away all my other lip products! And no I do not sell this and I hardly review anything. I just had to share my thoughts. Don't sweat the price, a tube will last months.

on 11/22/2016 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I want to say up front that I do not sell this product and I am not affiliated with this company in any way. I am a collector of all lip products and I had not tried this one yet so I gave it a try. It is very different from any other kind I have tried before. I have purchased several of the colors and the glossy gloss as well as the sand gloss. I really like this product because the color does stay on all day but I also like that the gloss is very moisturizing. Also, when you take it off at the end of the day, it does exfoliate your lips. So, ultimately, you are moisturized your lips all day and exfoliating your lips every night. I think that is really the reason why everyone who uses it regularly says it leaves their lips in such good condition. There are a few things you should know about this product. It goes on like a liquid lipstick, but you have to use a totally different application technique and, as others have mentioned, you must wear one of their glosses on top. You cannot combine this with any other brand of gloss (at least none that I have found). I have noticed that several people complained about the smell. I do not detect any smell in the several colors I have purchased and I am fairly sensitive to odor in my cosmetics. Also, for those complaining of the product balling up and/or flaking: I found that occurred more often with the frost colors but not at all with the other colors (sheer and matte). Also, do not forget to shake the color before putting it on or the color will ball up on the lips. Finally, apply in three thin coats, not thick coats to avoid streaking. Watch lots of Youtube videos as to how to apply and how to take off. You can also check out Piniterest to see the colors and how to combine the colors to get exactly what you want. I think it is expensive ($20-$25 per color + gloss $10+ Oops remover $8). Finally, you can remove this without the Oops remover but the remover works best for me. It is a fun product. I like exploring the colors and I like having color that lasts all day and does not stain my coffee cups. So, if you like having fun with your make up, maybe give this a try.