LipSense Lipsense Color

LipSense  Lipsense Color

on 9/23/2016 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh, boy. Where to start with this product? Let's just list them in no particular order:
1)your lips are just like any other skin covered mucus membrane. They shed on their own. If you have YEARS of waxy buildup on your lips from lipstick or chapstick it's because you are dead and your mortician used a hella good reconstructive, industrial lipstick. This is not a magical detox for your lips. That's absurd pseudoscience. Lips don't have to detoxed over a period of 1-3 months.
2)this stuff stinks.
3)this stuff is not only crap, but it probably tastes like literal crap. Yuck.
4)way overpriced. Seriously. It's insane to spend the amount of money these things are marked up to. The ingredients are crap. The packaging looks like something my mom ordered from that makeup kit company that was the rage in the 80's. What was the name of that company? It was awful.
5)I loathe pyramid/mlm schemes. Makeup. Body wraps. Candles. Jewelry. Ugly leggings. Stop it. Stop making people pity buy from you.
6)it burns. I don't care if it's "cosmetic grade" alcohol. Alcohol is alcohol. Alcohol burns. Basic chemistry.
7)if the above doesn't turn you off, then save $20 dollars, go to Target and buy some Cover Girl outlast lipstick. It's the same crap as this but cheaper and you don't have to sit thru any presentations or feel pressure to pity buy crap when you just came to the selling party for the wine, appetizers and gossip

Lipstick/gloss is my favorite product and I've bought hundreds of different kinds over the years. This is great stuff and I love it. I don't think it takes very long to apply once you get the hang of it, it wears off for me by the time I go to bed so I don't have to remove it, and I don't find it drying. I've never liked a long-wearing lip product until this one. The colors are absolutely beautiful (I love Bombshell, Neutral, and Nude the best so far) and I love the gloss too! It does not smell or taste good 😞 and it is expensive (though not when you've paid for a few pricy lipsticks). However, it doesn't need to be reapplied all the time like a regular lipstick anyway so it's pretty economical. I love mixing the colors too. I am very particular about my lips looking smaller and being dried out...and this just makes them look beautiful. I would recommend it to anyone!

To Read all 84 Reviews, Login or Join

I like it. I have noticed a few things. You do have to apply each layer in one swipe. If you go over any areas while it is wet it will not apply, so wait 3 secs before putting on another coat. It will stick to any flakes so just brush your lips with your toothbrush in the am to exfoliate before you apply. I have to use the lipsense gloss on top--other glosses seem to make it flake off. It lasts about 8 hours for me. I am not a distributor.

on 8/9/2016 6:05:00 PM

I've been using this since March, so almost 6 months. In order to see results you HAVE to stick with it for a month or two, because during that time your lips are exfoliating from all the years of wax build up. At first, you have to apply lots of gloss and your lips will peel and the color won't stick as well as you want. But after the exfoliation, (mine only lasted about a week) the color stays on amazingly, you only have to apply gloss a couple of times a day, and the color doesn't transfer at all. But if you don't use it exactly how you're supposed to, you're not going to see the results. I've never tried another product that lasts like this and i love knowing I don't have lipstick all over my face all the time. It's worth the money in my opinion. At night t comes off easily with my makeup removing wipes, or glycerin soap. The smell is funky because it has cosmetic grade alcohol which disinfects it since a tube lasts so long, but I got used to it. I've recommended it to several people and they love it too!

FINALLY. A way to have smudge proof lipstick. "LipSense by SeneGence." Wearing the color "Crimson Red," layered underneath with MAC's "Ruby Woo," Laura Mercier's "Scarlet" Lip Stain and Nars "Jungle Red" lip pencil, since LipSense can be drying. The shine seen on my hand is all that transferred when I kissed my hand. Shine achieved by LipSense "Glossy" clear coat. 💋

I'd like to clear up some obvious misconceptions about Lipsense. First of all, I've been using the product now for a good 3 months. My lips have always been in bad shape from peeling constantly to cracking uncontrollably and they are in the best shape they've ever been in because of this product. Let me tell you why. I used to apply chapsticks religiously and they was pretty much all I wore. Why wear waxy lipstick that sticks on my teeth and everywhere else and then have to keep reapplying for it to most likely get on my clothes and water bottle that I drink through the day. No thanks. And then that's when someone introduced me to Lipsense. Was I skeptical at first? Duh! Of course I was skeptical. Here's the thing, Lipsense tells you that once you start using their product and their product ONLY it will take a good 1-2 MONTHS before it completely repairs your lips. It has to work very hard to repair and exfoliate all that waxy crap and Chapstick yuck that's been built up on them for years! 1-2 months is a very reasonable amount of time to give for this process considering how long you've been wearing the other stuff and essentially Lipsense is working extremely hard to repair the damage that's been done. Does it tingle? Yup sure does and that is because YOU'VE worn the other crap on it for so long! It's working to get rid of it. Some say they've heard its alcohol and it'll dry your lips out...people really? It's cosmetic grade alcohol y'all, it's very light and evaporates. It has yet to dry anyone I know or my lips out. The Lipsense gloss is an absolute MUST! Especially right at first, during the repairing process. It contains the lovely ingredient shea butter which is helping moisturize and hydrate your lips and it also seeps through the Lipsense colors to do this. THIS is the reason NO OTHER lip glosses or chapsticks will work with Lipsense. The recommendation is to use glossy gloss for your first gloss because that is the one that heals and hydrates the absolute best. Once given the allotted time, the gloss usage will dramatically decrease. Don't be hard headed and try to go with matte gloss as your first gloss it just won't be effective for you and to be quite honest, any money spent and getting a product that does what is says is something you want to get in return. But you have to be willing to do exactly what the product tells you to do. Don't think you can go around that and get the same results, that's like cheating on a diet. Am I right? So please educate yourself before considering basing a decision on a bad review you may hear. If you have not given lipsense a full 1-2 months and done exactly what I've stated here, then you have no room to talk about it negatively.

I have used similar products of a different brand with no problems. This product burnt my lips after two days of use so badly my lips peeled and I am left with a mouth full of ulcers. I have had to limit seeing my patients as it is too sore to speak. Just warning you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I decided to return my lipsense to my distributor and received a full refund so I can say they do hold to the "money back guarantee" . I sent it back for several reasons. 1. It smells terrible. 2. It TASTES terrible. Very bitter. 3. It peels off the outer corners and I found it sticking my lips together. I talk pretty much all day at work to clients and it's awkward to avoid talking so your lips don't peel. 4. It is hard to apply. 5. It burns my lips. 6. I don't like the feeling of greasy lipgloss. I tried the matte and it was not moisturizing enough. 7. It will peel off in some places and stick like white on rice to others. Nothing like scrubbing your lips for 10 min to remove color..and your skin.
I think maybe they are on to something...but it needs improvement and the price wasn't worth it to me. I'll stick to my Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick

on 6/28/2016 12:43:00 PM

Color doesn't last all day, not by half. You have to wear the gloss, or the color flakes off. But worse is what the product does to your lips. The first ingredient is denatured alcohol. The tingling sensation everyone feels upon applying it to lips is the alcohol drying out your lips. That makes the color last longer. The product says it will actually plump your lips after continued use. Or so a rep told me. I'm willing to bet that if it does plump, it's from irritation, as in swelling. The colors are pretty, but my lips feel raw at the end of the day, even after repeated uses of the gloss.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Let me break it down this way:

The pros: no smudging, transfer proof, beautiful colors, ability to mix shades to create custom colors, ample choice of gloss types (glossy, matte, pink tinted, silver glitter, gold glitter, opal essence, pearl essence) and over 60 base shades to choose from.

The cons: stings a bit when being applied, must be applied in a specific manner, must use gloss to "seal" the color, does NOT last through drinking beverages or eating a meal, cost .it's a little bit pricey when you must purchase a color AND a gloss at $25 and $20 respectively.

I've been using the product for a few months now, and I find that the color lasts me 2-3 hours if I don't eat or drink anything, it only lasts me a few MINUTES if I do drink or eat anything. That said, I don't mind having to reapply the color after a meal, but after simply drinking some water, I find the color fading, especially closer to the water line so that I end up with "Clown Lips" - that nasty outline of color against bare lips. I find this to be the case more so with the darker colors, which is a bummer, since I really love the Cranberry, Blu-Red and Napa colors.

I had hoped I could use my LipSense collection as my only lip colors, but alas, I find that I have had to seek out other long wearing products to add to my lip collection. I'm a self professed lip product nerd). I now alternate between using my LipSense colors, and using more mainstream lip products (Lancome Rouge in Love, Stila Stay All Day, Revlon and Maybelline long wearing products) each day.

YMMV.