3.4

price range

Reviews

from

6 months ago

I thought I'd give this a try and while the first experience was okay I thought as it did last a while but needed constant glossing. The second time I tried proved it wasn't a great idea to fork out so much $$. I figured that the first time it was okay because I wore it to go to a couple of hours event that didn't involve eating. The second time involved hot food, drinks etc , it just crumbles and makes it look yuck. I wouldn't have minded all the tingling and effort of putting it on properly if it actually lasted through eating. If you plan to not eat and drink after putting this lipstick on, you'll be fine. I bought 2 shades of a neutral colours plus 2 gloss, so I could wear to work every day. After a first few days of trying, I don't wear it any more because after lunch, I either have to remove them altogether to apply a fresh coat. It just doesn't look good with all the crumbles and cracks in the pigment. I'd rather just stick to my normal lipsticks even if I have to apply again and again. Don't waster your money. The Youtube videos don't talk about what happens after you eat and drink..

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBrown

a year ago

Horrible!! BURNS TERRIBLY!! Didn't stay on, balled and/or crusted off. Was very bad for my lips, dried them to a prune.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

a year ago

I'm trying this for the first time.the color I chose was Bella and clear gloss. Its been about a week and I really like it (except for the price). I've had no stinging or burning , color lasts all day thru meals etc. I reapply the gloss a couple of times. I find a baby wipe takes off most of it then the rest comes off with dove soap when I wash my face. My lips don't feel dry or cracked. I get no strange smells . The packaging is fine ..I don't care about that..overall I like it.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age56 & Over

HairBlond

EyesBlue

a year ago

I bought LipSense thinking that I wouldn’t need to reapply lipstick during the day but My LipSense experience wasn’t great. To begin with it burns and tingles as you apply it on your lips. You have apply smooth single strokes really quickly otherwise it dries and looks uneven. After a few trials I sort of got better at applying even coats but what I found during the day was that LipSense cracks and exposes the crease lines in the lips if the gloss isn’t reapplied regularly. That’s no different to touching up with the ordinary lipstick..is it ? I found removing it with the oops remover also not an easy process. Doesn’t remove easily in one or two wipes. You have to keep doing it. Another cool trick I now do is that I apply 3 layers wait for it to dry and then quickly use the remover and take out the product from my lips. This leaves a strong stain of the colour on the lips and it looks more natural and doesn’t flake and cake during the day. I then line my lips with my usual lip liner and all good to go. I use a bit of the gloss if I feel like but not as a compulsory thing. I’ll keep doing this till the product is all used up. I bought 3 colours and won’t be buying again.

Age36-43

HairBrown

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I first tried this product at a bridal show and could not get it to work for me. Then a friend at work starting wearing it and everyday she came in with a color more beautiful than the day before. So she linked me to a Facebook page of vendors going out of business and a friend that is currently selling the product. My first color was Bella and the Pearl Gloss this looked totally different on my than my friend but still love it. I have a dozen different colors now and my lips do look better than ever before. My hesitation is the cost and getting it off so I gave it a 4, but I do enjoy this product and will buy again.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesBrown

3.0

2 years ago

I tried LipSense because a good friend highly recommended it as super-long-lasting, which I need: lipstick does not last on me, at all. I purchased two colors and several glosses for $22 each (I actually paid a little bit less due to special pricing discounts; the normal price is $22). Although I am still using it several months later, there are a few things to it that are not to my taste. First, the product tingle/burns when you first apply it. The distributor said that it was because it was resurfacing your bad lip skin, but really, my lip skin is not bad at all. I thought this explanation was pretty bogus, and my lips are actually in worse condition after I use the product--I can't use it every day. Second, the smell is bad and the taste is bitter, very bitter. Not at all pleasant. Third, you have to apply at least 3 layers of the color and, to make it last, 4 are recommended. Fourth, in order to make it last as long as they say it lasts, you have to keep reapplying the gloss that protects the color. Like, every few hours. If you don't, it comes right off. Fifth--it is EXPENSIVE. $22 each for the color and the gloss is insanely high, plus there is a special remover product to take whatever remains off your lips...also in the $22 range. Things I like: the product is minimally packaged, which appeals to my environmental sense. The color range is great, and you can create even more looks by layering different colors on each other during the application process. The glosses also come in a huge range of effects, from clear to pearly to sparkly and a ton of colors, and you can wear the glosses alone. I actually think the glosses are the better products. Overall, I found that this product didn't last any longer than the drugstore "long lasting" lip products, requires the same amount of re-application as regular gloss/lipstick and/or the long-lasting kind (which also require re-application of their over-coat sealant or gloss/balm), and costs twice as much. Plus, being a multi-level business operation, their practices are suspicious. I'm going back to the less expensive brand after I use up what I have. I apologize to my friend, but this is not the product for me.

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

from

2 years ago

This has to be the worst lipstick/lipgloss ever, and I've pretty much tried them all. This stuff BURNS, it STINKS, and it tastes worse than monkey butt. Plus, for all that? It doesn't last. I followed the directions to a T, and it was off by mid morning, plus it gave me that weird ring lip thing. For this price go to Sephora and get something decent.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I was leery about trying lipsense because i had heard a couple bad reviews. To my surprise i love it! It really does stay on all day long. A tip i received was to gloss before eating and that will prevent it from coming off. Ive bought several colors and love them all. The only downfall is that the application process takes a little longer than just applying a coat of a regular lipstick or gloss, but to me its worth it because its not going anywhere the rest of the day.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I'm sorry but I just can't deal with the huge amounts of alcohol. I caved and bought 2 of these (and a gloss, which I like) from my cousin who, clearly, has been brainwashed by the Senegence company. It' is not a tingle. It BURNS. I tried Fire Opal and Bombshell - lovely colors, horrid formula. I wish they were "regular" lipsticks so I could wear them without drying the f-outta my lips. FAIL.

About reviewer (2422 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I was very excited at the chance to have a lip colour that wore all day as I struggle to find any that doesn’t fade with in a few hours. This however did not stay on my lips for more than an hour or so and was completely removed when I ate. This is with following the instructions and using all the suggested products. Furthermore, I used it for a few days in a row and my perfectly happy lips turned into a dry mess. I even started to develope sores on my lips! I haven’t had this issue since 4 years ago when I took accurate, and this product made my lips even worse than that did! Definitly not worth the price. I find the long-wear matte lips by maybelline perform WAY better, feel nicer on my lips and don’t cause any where near the same dryness. I was very disappointed as the two colours I bought were beautiful and I’d heard so much about its staying power :( I even looked up vids on YouTube on how to make it stay longer and nothing worked! DO NOT BUY

Age19-24