Dior Hypnotic Poison

Filtered by eye Color : Green

4.1

I was 18 or less when I got a sample of this. I was having a dinner at my grandma's and sniffing the sample thinking "omg this is amazing".. I was too young to be confident enough to wear this but I admired it so much. I imagined a gorgeous woman smelling like this and hoped to become one one day.. 20 years later and I am so ready to rock this fragrance. I still feel the same admiration as I felt back then. But now it is me who is wearing it.. ;-)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I discovered this scent when I was 18, and it's definitely been my signature for 12 years now. Deep, dark n sexy, I never thought I'd think a perfume could be!! Always gets compliments!!

Yes, I do. This is definitely not for everyday life, work, church or the office. One spray should suffice and thus, it will turn out to be very affordable. Definitely a foodie vibe, but perfect for cuddling on a cold night. I have had my bottle for years and never tire of it, but again, it is a winter scent. Enjoy

I felt this fragrance everywhere when I was in Italy two years ago. I'm sure it is one of the most popular perfumes there. For my nose it's all about vanilla, almond and coconut, has enormous sillage ad longevity. It's a bit one-dimensional, as everything is sweet in it. I think it suits the stereotypical Italian perfectly, because it's loud, sensual, but rather a family-lover than a party-goer. Although I like this scent, I can only appreciate it on others, because it's too strong for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I think Hypnotic Poison is one of the best gourmand orientals on the market. It's really well rounded with a lot of depth. It smells like almonds and a bit of jasmine mixed with vanilla and musk creating a dark slightly bitter aroma. I first bought this when it was launched in 1998, when everyone else was making light fruit cocktail scents. It just smelled so special and mysterious like Snow White's poison apple. I only wish they hadn't changed the bottle. The original bottle was made of glass dipped in liquid vinyl, which made it look and feel like a fetishy candy apple. The bottle I have now is still shaped the same, but the rubbery texture is gone. As far as the scent goes, the formulation I have now (2012 version) is very close to my 1998 bottle. This lasts all day on me with moderate to strong sillage depending on application.

One of my favourites perfumes for winter and autumn !!!! I guess that most women know that is a vainilla perfum!! Well I love it! is so femenine, so sweet, so provocative!! You feel like a sex symbol with it :D aahahah. I guess that is for women from around 23 to 65...so abarcative! I just use it for important things, like job, meetings, going to the shopping, is not for a simple walk, or gym.....men will love you!!

I'm sorry. I can't believe the rave reviews this stuff gets, because honestly, the first time I smelled it, it made me want to barf. Cloying, synthetic, fake vanilla, and, forgive me, a slightly..."unclean" quality. This perfume smells dirty. Got a bottle from a friend who knew nothing of my tastes. Sometimes for sh*ts 'n' gigs I shove the bottle under my nose, inhale, and gag. I never spray it, on my skin or anywhere near me. Bottle is tacky as f*** also.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

On my skin it's too linear. Only almonds and vanilla, doesn't change as time goes by. Dare I say... it grows even stronger..? Silage is almost scary. Lasting power? Couldn't be any better! Not a fave though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love pure poison. when I received this hypnotic poison fragrance as a birthday present, I have opened the package and throw away its box as I thought it would be as nice as pure poison. but when I tried it on my skin it was so heavy, sugary and not fresh. this smell doesnt go away and it lasts so long and I hate it more. I wish I have kept the box as I could sell it on the net. but now it just lays in my bathroom cupboard. I have also not liked this smell when my colleague is wearing it. it makes me sick when i smell this.

I've been wearing this scent since it first appeared on the market. I've tried others . . .most recently Vera Want Princess Night, which is also a little heady with the vanilla, but always go back to my HP. I've accepted the fact that it is and will forever be my signature scent. LOVE it.

Popular Fragrances